Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries (32442 Views)

Joseph Ezeokafor Receives Rolls Royce From Son As Birthday Gift (photos) / BREAKING: N8.7bn Debt: Innoson Motors Moves To Take Over Gtbank / Guinness Nigeria Grows Profit By 249% To N6.7bn, To Pay 184 Kobo Dividend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by dangotesmummy: 11:38am On Feb 19, 2017
AntiWailer:
They are mad.

How much did we lose to them ?

When corrupt thieves spend our money to buy Rolls Royce ?
which one is they're mad.when they're not ota aje.if na you nko? You're selling rolls Royce and they bring stolen money to you to buy car you go say carry your money go? You too look am na
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by ELPablochapo: 11:39am On Feb 19, 2017
mehn, this what integrity is all about. If lost, you loose fortune.

Rolls-Royce payind heavy bills to protect it name, it worth it
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2017
Berbierklaus:

My daddy!!! grin
I am basking smiley

No dingbat can stop my shine grin

Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by lastmaster(m): 11:41am On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
I am too addicted to Nairaland.. grin... Making first to comment while in church
You in church and still on Nairaland, you can't serve two masters at a time.Bro, you need deliverance of fire.Because if the son shall set you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by SweetJoystick(m): 11:41am On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
I am too addicted to Nairaland.. grin... Making first to comment while in church
smh
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Saint52(m): 11:41am On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
Na so e take dey start!!!!!
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Damilare5882(m): 11:44am On Feb 19, 2017
lastmaster:
You in church and still on Nairaland, you can't serve two masters at a time.Bro, you need deliverance of fire.Because if the son shall set you free, ye shall be free indeed.
...lol... Mr saint .. You no be God na
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Berbierklaus(f): 11:45am On Feb 19, 2017
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by seguno2: 11:47am On Feb 19, 2017
AntiWailer:
They are mad.

How much did we lose to them ?

When corrupt thieves spend our money to buy Rolls Royce ?

Did Rolls Royce force any black man to buy their cars?

2 Likes

Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by bid4rich(m): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:

It shows who rules your life... Bad habit
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Iceman2017(m): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2017
They don give APC administration another lie to give incase they run out of lies...

Lier Mohammed following kingly
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by chloride6: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2017
Rolls Royce not only makes cars....their main business in Nigeria is sale and service of engines .... Turbines and aircraft
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by joe4christ(m): 11:56am On Feb 19, 2017
Fernandowski:
I don't know where I kept my 200 naira and my chest is already doing me somehow

For you to even be able to misplace such an amount in this recession, omo you get money sha grin
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by WilliamKhan(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2017
Jeffrey12:
I dont give a Bleep ...

Only the rich give a Bleep

So you're poor then?
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by GoodyOG: 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:

lol.....u are a very funny dude...keep it up with the FTC
at least u are better than more than one million people here in NL that has neva made FTC
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Damilare5882(m): 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
bid4rich:

It shows who rules your life... Bad habit
its God that rules my life ..take it or leave it ..and besides ...who are you to judge ..
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by yashau(m): 12:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
naiarland is addictive if yes click like if no click share

1 Like

Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by richeeyo(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
I hope you get Internet connection in hell grin
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by richeeyo(m): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by ayindejimmy(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Anywhere in the world money laundry and corruption in general is mentioned, Nigeria must be culpable in the discussion.

We have a lot of ground to cover and we haven't started at all
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by dnative(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Yarnvibes:
Rolls-Royce has reported £4.6bn ($5.7bn) annual loss largely due to currency depreciation and payment of $808m fine to affected countries where it was involved in corrupt practices.

According to a news agency, The Nerve, the motoring company had last month (January) apologised for the corruption case that centred around allegations that the group hired middlemen to broker deals in a number of countries including Nigeria, South Africa and Angola.

In 2016, Rolls-Royce and its agent company in Nigeria, PSL Engineering and Control, ordered to supply gas turbines to power plants in the oil states of Bayelsa and Delta, were accused of various projects, especially to Oghareki power plant in Delta that cost $100m but was never completed.

Findings from an investigation conducted by the Guardian and the British Broadcasting Corporation had uncovered leaked documents and testimony from insiders that suggested that Rolls-Royce might have benefited from the use of illicit payments to key officials and politicians to boost profits for years.

The Guardian/BBC investigation, called Panorama, revealed that Nigeria, Angola and South Africa were part of the 11 countries the company had hired intermediaries.

The investigation also revealed Rolls-Royce hired Fana Hlongwane, who is close to South Africa’s ANC government, in 2008 to help broker deals in the country.

Although, Nigeria or South Africa have yet to get any amount from the agreement, the company revealed last month it had agreed to pay £671m to settle corruption cases with the United Kingdom, the United States and Brazilian authorities.

The company’s Chief Executive, Warren East, took the helm in 2015 and has been tasked with turning around the company.

East said, “While we have made a steady start, more remains to be done. The addition of new management and a renewed focus within the business leadership teams, with clear goals and stronger accountabilities, should provide a strong platform for further progress in 2017.”

He added he would reveal further plans about the firm’s direction later this year.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/rolls-royce-loses-57bn-to-corruption-in.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

Rolls Royce (the aero engines and gas turbines manufacturing company) and Rolls Royce Motors are two completely different and unrelated companies so the motoring company could not have apologised for corruption related to gas turbines deals. smh for these bloggers who do no research before publishing.

1 Like

Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Damilare5882(m): 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
richeeyo:

I hope you get Internet connection in hell grin
lol..modafucker

1 Like

Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by LordAdam7: 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Gerrard59:

Wrong. The Rolls-Royce in the article is the engine maker and not the luxury car manufacturer. Totally different.

Different management, different industry. Rolls-Royce as engine maker (aviation, maritime industry) not Rolls-Royce Motors as owned by her parent BMW.

Please rectify.

Wrong. This is the company's worst results in decades. Rolls-Royce is one the few remaining British industrial giants and with May's administration talking industrials and manufacturing, anything that happens to this firm negatively will disturb her.

Furthermore, albeit, I don't condone corruption but heavy fines like this severely affects western corporations vis-a-vis their Chinese and Indians counterparts. Rolls-Royce is not at fault. The fault lies with the respective governments. Majority of African governments demand kickbacks in return for contracts, in my opinion, give them what they want and get the contract. It's their loss (corrupt governments) not the company's. If not the Chinese, Russians and Indians will get it (contracts). Business doesn't know sentiments.

The Western governments couldn't care less. They're short of money, and anything to justify hefty fines that'll hurt them later is justified, as long as it boosts their generated revenue. Slap the word corruption on it and their populace will gobble it like a picnic snack.

The real eff up is the fact that the African government officials repatriate proceeds of the corruption back to the same Western countries. One day and out of the blue, the countries would then try to seize the money and it'll take decades before they send the money back. Most times the Western countries coerce the African officials to do their bidding by threatening to withhold their money.

And we still don't learn.

If corrupt African officials used the proceeds of their corruption to build industries and invest in Africa, Africa would fare better.

The Western governments gain and everyone else loses in the long-run. It's smart tho'.

-Lord
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Lasskeey: 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Damilare5882(m): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by heritage2009(m): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:

may God Forgive you grin
Damilare5882:

may God Forgive you

Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by philiancoop(m): 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
Jeffrey12:
I dont give a Bleep ...
Only the rich give a Bleep
and you want to remain poor
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by davodguy: 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
gbenu soun jor ...your are daft.. So the comment and quoting you just made didn't help Seun aabi ..think before you comment ..fool..you don't know mw,you don't know what I do ...so just shut the fccccuuuukkkkup and get a life .. Mofo
You're the one that needs to get a life outside addiction. You just admitted your addiction, didn't you?
Damilare5882:
I am too addicted to Nairaland.

I only gave an advise, at may be of help.

Damilare5882:
Making first to comment while in church

BTW, didn't you say you're in church earlier today? Why are you being insulting? That's not Christlike you know?
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by grandstar(m): 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
Gerrard59:

Wrong. The Rolls-Royce in the article is the engine maker and not the luxury car manufacturer. Totally different.

Different management, different industry. Rolls-Royce as engine maker (aviation, maritime industry) not Rolls-Royce Motors as owned by her parent BMW.

Please rectify.

Wrong. This is the company's worst results in decades. Rolls-Royce is one the few remaining British industrial giants and with May's administration talking industrials and manufacturing, anything that happens to this firm negatively will disturb her.

Furthermore, albeit, I don't condone corruption but heavy fines like this severely affects western corporations vis-a-vis their Chinese and Indians counterparts. Rolls-Royce is not at fault. The fault lies with the respective governments. Majority of African governments demand kickbacks in return for contracts, in my opinion, give them what they want and get the contract. It's their loss (corrupt governments) not the company's. If not the Chinese, Russians and Indians will get it (contracts). Business doesn't know sentiments.

Sad but 100% true! That's why many of these western construction firms shun Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Temptee101(m): 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Mrcapability7:
Really how much did they made in the while ? aren't they royce participant in corruption, to them na small change
AHAHAHAHAH...this is grammar no be here o. Thanks for putting smile on my face
Re: Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries by Temptee101(m): 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Mrcapability7:
Really how much did they made in the while ? aren't they royce participant in corruption, to them na small change
AHAHAHAHAH...this your grammar no be here o. Thanks for putting smile on my face

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / Lady Shocked As Slay Queen Who's Owning Her N52k, Sends Her 2k Out Of It. / Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.