Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians (541 Views)

50% Pay Cut: Pastor Adeboye Tackled By Lawmakers / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by alBHAGDADI: 11:13am On Feb 19, 2017
United States House of Representatives has said that Nigeria has been cited as the most dangerous place for Christians in the world. In this connection Christopher Smith Chairman of US House of Representatives’ Sub-committee on Africa, Global Health, Human Rights and International Organization made the statement after the former President Goodluck Jonathan made a presentation to the Sub-Committee on the challenges faced by Christians in Nigeria.

Christopher Smith stated: “My subcommittee has broadly investigated the crises facing Christians in Nigeria today. My staff director, Greg Simpkins and I have made several visits to Nigeria, speaking with Christians and Muslim religious leaders across the country and visiting fire-bombed churches, such as in Jos.”

While making the declaration, he said: “Unfortunately, Nigeria has been cited as the most dangerous place for Christians in the world and impunity for those responsible for the killing of Christians seem to be widespread.”

At the same time, sub-committee appreciated the efforts of former Nigerian President as he had established the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, stating: “Your timely concession after your electoral loss in 2015, demonstrates a commitment to democracy and the stability of your nation, which was acknowledged by current President Muhammadu Buhari.”

United States Commission for International Religious Freedom (USCRIF) in its annual report on Nigeria stated: “Religious freedom conditions in Nigeria continued to be troubling during the reporting period. While the Nigerian military successfully recaptured territory from and arrested members of Boko Haram, the terrorist group returned to an asymmetrical warfare campaign, including suicide bombings of mosques and other civilian targets.

It also reportedly forced Christians to convert and forced Muslims to adhere to its extreme interpretation of Islam. Boko Haram violence and recurring clashes between Muslim herders and Christian farmers continue to impact negatively religious freedom and interfaith relations in the country. The Nigerian federal government fails to implement effective strategies to prevent or stop terrorism and sectarian violence and it does not bring to justice those responsible for such violence, thus fostering a climate of impunity.”

http://www.christiansinpakistan.com/us-lawmakers-deem-nigeria-worlds-most-dangerous-place-for-christians/
Re: US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by annunaki2(m): 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
This is what you get when you vote in a bigoted fundermentlist muslim who openly canvassed support for the islamisation agenda before he returned to politics to help implement the evil agenda.
Re: US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by mustymatic(m): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth, but a sword. At first glance it indeed appears that Jesus encourages violence and calls his disciples to practice it, presumably righteous violence.
Well.. ..they shall not know peace too grin angry
Re: US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by annunaki2(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
mustymatic:
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth, but a sword. At first glance it indeed appears that Jesus encourages violence and calls his disciples to practice it, presumably righteous violence.

We know your evil quoran has instructed you to continually terrorise Christians wherever you find them but islam's days are numbered.

2 Likes

Re: US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by mustymatic(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
annunaki2:

We know your evil quoran has instructed you to continually terrorise Christians wherever you find them but islam's days are numbered.
Well congratulations! How many days left? grin
Re: US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by annunaki2(m): 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
mustymatic:

Well congratulations! How many days left? grin

I won't reveal the secret to an infidel like you. tongue

2 Likes

Re: US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by alBHAGDADI: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
mustymatic:
Stop misunderstanding Bible verses. Well, below is a hood explanation of that verse.

Mathew 10:34
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Did you read the above verse? That verse has been misunderstood by many people in this world. Majority of them wonder why a well known peaceful man like Yahshua could utter such words. Non-Christians have often used that verse out of context to say that Christ supports terrorism and wasn't as peaceful as Christians portray him.

To understand the above verse, we have to understand certain things which will explain the verse better and show how misconstrued the verse has been in the hands of malicious people. Be patient enough to read the below story.

Kareem was born into a devoted Non-Christian family in the Middle East. He loved his God with all his earth and did his best to please him by not questioning the faith as restricted by his religion. However, he stumbled on a Christian book that changed him forever. He started seeing things differently. But the only problem he had was his family members and most especially his country. The punishment his religion prescribes for anyone that leaves it is DEATH.

His father was the first to notice that he has stopped praying and attending their religious house. When he was asked why, he remembered the words of Christ in Mathew 10: 33 which says

"But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven."

Kareem couldn't help but confess to his father about his new faith. His father sparked with rage and went straight to the religious house. Little did Kareem know of what his father was up to. Two hours later, a large mob with sticks and stones were gathered in front of his house calling for his head for abandoning their religion. Thank God for the back door, he would have been dead by now. He still couldn't believe his father could want him dead for having a different religious opinion. END

Now that you've read the story, let's see how it relates to the verse. Remember I told you of how the verse is always quoted out of context by malicious people who quote that verse without reading further for more understanding. Let's see the verse again and the succeeding verses. Be patient enough to read through.

Mathew 10:34-39

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 “For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;
36 and A MAN’S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.
37 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 “And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
39 “He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

From the above verses, we can see that the sword Christ was speaking of is the type that divides. In the case of Kareem, his love for Yahshua the Messiah has divided or separated him from his family as he can no longer visit them cos doing that will be his death. He has decided to be worthy of Christ by obeying verse 37. Same thing applies when you are redeemed from a pagan family, their lifestyle will no longer make sense to you. They won't want you in their midst anymore. That is the division that the sword of Yahshua brings, not the sword that beheads or cuts human parts.
I hope you now understand the verse very well.

If you still haven't, then ask yourself these questions:

1. How come he preached turning the other cheek?
2. How come he prayed for his killers while he was on the cross?
3. How come his message was always love?
4. How come he didn't kill anybody but ressurected a dead man?
5. How come he rebuked Peter for using a knife on a soldier whom he later healed?

I could go on and on...and if at this moment you still dont understand the verse and entire passage, then it means you are not being sincere with yourself.

Peace

1 Like

Re: US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by mustymatic(m): 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
[s][/s] Stop misunderstanding Bible verses. Well, below is a hood explanation of that verse.

Mathew 10:34

Did you read the above verse? That verse has been misunderstood by many people in this world. Majority of them wonder why a well known peaceful man like Yahshua could utter such words. Non-Christians have often used that verse out of context to say that Christ supports terrorism and wasn't as peaceful as Christians portray him.

To understand the above verse, we have to understand certain things which will explain the verse better and show how misconstrued the verse has been in the hands of malicious people. Be patient enough to read the below story.

Kareem was born into a devoted Non-Christian family in the Middle East. He loved his God with all his earth and did his best to please him by not questioning the faith as restricted by his religion. However, he stumbled on a Christian book that changed him forever. He started seeing things differently. But the only problem he had was his family members and most especially his country. The punishment his religion prescribes for anyone that leaves it is DEATH.

His father was the first to notice that he has stopped praying and attending their religious house. When he was asked why, he remembered the words of Christ in Mathew 10: 33 which says

"But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven."

Kareem couldn't help but confess to his father about his new faith. His father sparked with rage and went straight to the religious house. Little did Kareem know of what his father was up to. Two hours later, a large mob with sticks and stones were gathered in front of his house calling for his head for abandoning their religion. Thank God for the back door, he would have been dead by now. He still couldn't believe his father could want him dead for having a different religious opinion. END

Now that you've read the story, let's see how it relates to the verse. Remember I told you of how the verse is always quoted out of context by malicious people who quote that verse without reading further for more understanding. Let's see the verse again and the succeeding verses. Be patient enough to read through.

Mathew 10:34-39

35 “For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;
36 and A MAN’S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.
37 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 “And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
39 “He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

From the above verses, we can see that the sword Christ was speaking of is the type that divides. In the case of Kareem, his love for Yahshua the Messiah has divided or separated him from his family as he can no longer visit them cos doing that will be his death. He has decided to be worthy of Christ by obeying verse 37. Same thing applies when you are redeemed from a pagan family, their lifestyle will no longer make sense to you. They won't want you in their midst anymore. That is the division that the sword of Yahshua brings, not the sword that beheads or cuts human parts.
I hope you now understand the verse very well.

If you still haven't, then ask yourself these questions:

1. How come he preached turning the other cheek?
2. How come he prayed for his killers while he was on the cross?
3. How come his message was always love?
4. How come he didn't kill anybody but ressurected a dead man?
5. How come he rebuked Peter for using a knife on a soldier whom he later healed?

I could go on and on...and if at this moment you still dont understand the verse and entire passage, then it means you are not being sincere with yourself.

Peace
[/s]
Utter nonsense!
How about these

This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: ‘I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.’ (1 Samuel 15:2-3

You Have to Kill

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)
God Promises More Killing

I will make Mount Seir utterly desolate, killing off all who try to escape and any who return. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

I could go on too grin grin
Re: US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by mustymatic(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
annunaki2:

I won't reveal the secret to an infidel like you. tongue
We have seen TB Joshua
You'll die yourself before that grin grin
Re: US Lawmakers Deem Nigeria World’s Most Dangerous Place For Christians by alBHAGDADI: 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
mustymatic:

[/s]
Utter nonsense!
How about these

This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: ‘I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.’ (1 Samuel 15:2-3

You Have to Kill

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)
God Promises More Killing

God punished the amalekites for what they did to the Israelites. Pls read the passage you quoted carefully to see that it wasn't the Israelites that were the aggressor but the ones retaliating.

mustymatic:

I will make Mount Seir utterly desolate, killing off all who try to escape and any who return. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)
That is God speaking, speaking of what he will do to his enemies in the last days. It in no way says that He orders Christians to kill for him like Allah orders Muslims. He says he will do it himself.

mustymatic:

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)
That was the law of the land of ISRAEL, more like their constitution. It doesn't apply to non-israelites neither is it still in practice.

mustymatic:

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

I could go on too grin grin
That was a covenant they themselves freely entered.

(1) (Reply)

Money And The Gospel / Struggle With Sin: A Healthy Sign. / And God Said: Let There Be Light!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.