Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN (1129 Views)

Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Computer Engineering? / What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? / List Of Words To Use Instead Of "Very" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Purplebirdrep: 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Let’s Encourage Mathematics instead of BBN

BY FAITH KIRIAN

The winner of this notorious Big Brother Naija is expected to walk away with N25milion and a car.. All it requires is, live with a set of fellow crazy people, do all sorts of immoral things and win!

Corrupt Our Innocent Children.

If only there could be an educating version of such. If only they could house intelligent scholars like this and make them compete for similar prizes. But, no! Our people do not encourage sanity.

The best in mathematics competitions walks home with ridiculous stipends. Laughable prizes while these morons in BBA earn millions for coming to display immorality on International TVs.

What a generation! What a time! How do we nurture and produce the next Chike Obi’s, the next Bala Usman’s, the next Chinua Achebe’s and the next Wole Shoyinka’s?

What foundations are we laying down for the coming generations? What message of hope and legacies are we leaving behind?

We are losing our minds.

I salute those who spend hours watching the shame of a Show, yet have a short attention span when reading a resourceful book Praying or Solving problems . There is a question mark on what our values are.

Happy Sunday to you All

1 Like

Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Andyg: 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
True talk
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Redoil: 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nutase you see waiting you they watch way make you no come church
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
shut up and sponsor ur own mathematics show without making fuss..

all these Pythagoras and rubbish equations, how do they apply in real life..not even those bankers or cashiers apply all those nonsense and good for nothing simultaneous eqn..

like.. what's the practical use of mathematics in this world..huh?
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nutase: 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
Redoil:
Nutase you see waiting you they watch way make you no come church
I didn't watch it o shocked. I disobeyed my father because of my love for bbn angry.
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Redoil: 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nutase:
I didn't watch it o shocked. I disobeyed my father because of my hatred for maths angry.
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nutase: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=Redoil post=53857183][/quote]dem no dey do mistake for your village
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by oyonu(m): 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
Honestly I don't know the importance of this reality shows. It does not pass any moral lesson at all instead it promote immorality, laziness and what have you. It's so bad that we celebrate nonsense and neglect scholarship programs and activities. And as for that guy saying if mathematics is used in daily activities, its so bad that your ignorance can awaken even the dead.
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Redoil: 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nutase:
dem no dey do mistake for your village
which tribe are you from
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
oyonu:
Honestly I don't know the importance of this reality shows. It does not pass any moral lesson at all instead it promote immorality, laziness and what have you. It's so bad that we celebrate nonsense and neglect scholarship programs and activities. And as for that guy saying if mathematics is used in daily activities, its so bad that your ignorance can awaken even the dead.
stfu nuthead..

tell me where all these theoretical maths been solved on the blackboard can help in a real life event..
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nutase: 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
Redoil:
which tribe are you from
groundnut oil
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2017
krattoss:

all these Pythagoras and rubbish equations, how do they apply in real life..not even those bankers or cashiers apply all those nonsense and good for nothing simultaneous eqn..

Bro its like u hate mathematics or something...so the cars u drive and tech u come across every day was made by knowledge from reality shows abi..see I'm not saying don't watch bbn..if it rocks your boat then its fine...buh saying maths has no application in life shows what watching bbn has done to you..
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 21, 2017
HanXolo:

Bro its like u hate mathematics or something...so the cars u drive and tech u come across every day was made by knowledge from reality shows abi..see I'm not saying don't watch bbn..if it rocks your boat then its fine...buh saying maths has no application in life shows what watching bbn has done to you..
hey u mean cars and tech gadgets are made from knowledge of 2x-1x..find x?

tell me more..
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by NL1960: 9:51am On Feb 21, 2017
krattoss:

You wake up in the morning. pick up your phone. you check your data balance and it says you have data and if you do not have data, you go and buy and it says you now have balance. You then login into Nairaland setup by Seun and yet you are asking how all the mathematics can be applied in real life. If you live in Lagos, iam sure you must have passed through the Third Mainland bridge at one point or the other. Maybe, you think that bridge came to be cause somebody said 'let there be a bridge and a bridge came about'. With this type of thinking, it is no wonder why the country is where it is. If somebody like you end up in the leadership of this country, we are in real trouble.

Btw, anytime you recharge your phone, the GSM companies will do: New Balance = Old Balance + Recharge Amount. This is Mathematics and not BBN reality show. Iam sure if you check your balance and you see: New Balance = Old Balance - Recharge Amount, you will quickly call their customer care. What you have just applied is mathematics in real life. QED. (btw, QED means quod erat demonstrandum. You can check google for the meaning. Google uses mathematics to give you this real life meaning).

1 Like

Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by NL1960: 9:57am On Feb 21, 2017
krattoss:

tell me more..

No Mathematics person or teacher will ever give such a question to solve. That is not an equation and you cannot be finding x for something that is not an equation. In addition, there is nothing like '1x'. If that was what was given to you or how you were taught while in school, you better go back to the school and ask for a refund of all the school fees you paid.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 21, 2017
NL1960:

No Mathematics person or teacher will ever give such a question to solve. That is not an equation and you cannot be finding x for something that is not an equation. In addition, there is nothing like '1x'. If that was what was given to you or how you were taught while in school, you better go back to the school and ask for a refund of all the school fees you paid.

OK Mr mathematician...

now tell me how theoretical mathematics that u know and all those equations and formulas been solved on the board effects in real life activities...?
or better still helps in production of tech gadgets,
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 21, 2017
NL1960:

You wake up in the morning. pick up your phone. you check your data balance and it says you have data and if you do not have data, you go and buy and it says you now have balance. You then login into Nairaland setup by Seun and yet you are asking how all the mathematics can be applied in real life. If you live in Lagos, iam sure you must have passed through the Third Mainland bridge at one point or the other. Maybe, you think that bridge came to be cause somebody said 'let there be a bridge and a bridge came about'. With this type of thinking, it is no wonder why the country is where it is. If somebody like you end up in the leadership of this country, we are in real trouble.

Btw, anytime you recharge your phone, the GSM companies will do: New Balance = Old Balance + Recharge Amount. This is Mathematics and not BBN reality show. Iam sure if you check your balance and you see: New Balance = Old Balance - Recharge Amount, you will quickly call their customer care. What you have just applied is mathematics in real life. QED. (btw, QED means quod erat demonstrandum. You can check google for the meaning. Google uses mathematics to give you this real life meaning).

so mathematicians now build bridges and not engineers kum architects.. do you know an illiterate of mathematics can single handedly construct bridges with help of acquired practical knowledge..

do u know my grandma can perfectly load credit cards,check balance and decipher every damn thing in her phone..all these were taught to him via practice and not some shenanigans and bla bla bla been taught on the board..

yeah maths is important for calculations in our day to day activities, but making it sound as if if u know the equations,theorems,calculations In maths...viola, u can build bridges, produce tech gadgets ..
my brother I don't agree with that..
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2017
krattoss:

tell me more..
Eyah...ure making tins worse for urself...smh..when building electrical machines there are so many equations used to determine the various parameters..
E.g AC Motors

In AC motors the speed is proportional to the frequency of the applied voltage and inversely proportional to the number of magnetic poles.

N = K3 f /P

Output power

The motor output power is directly proportional to its speed.
The output power P in Watts is given by:

P = ωT

Where ω is the speed in radians per second and T is the torque in Newton metres

OR

P = 2π NT/ 60= NT/9.55

Where N is the speed in revolutions per minute (RPM)

And these are just the basics..so u saying u don't apply maths in real life makes me question everything about you..what did u study?..or is bbn giving u a brain drain
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by NL1960: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2017
krattoss:

krattoss:
so mathematicians now build bridges and not engineers kum architects.. do you know an illiterate of mathematics can single handedly construct bridges with help of acquired practical knowledge..

do u know my grandma can perfectly load credit cards,check balance and decipher every damn thing in her phone..all these were taught to him via practice and not some shenanigans and bla bla bla been taught on the board..

yeah maths is important for calculations in our day to day activities, but making it sound as if if u know the equations,theorems,calculations In maths...viola, u can build bridges, produce tech gadgets ..
my brother I don't agree with that..

See the bold in your first post. You said 'apply'. What do you think the 'engineers kum architects' are applying to build bridges?. You think they are applying witchcraft?.

If your grandma can do all these because they were taught to her, it means somebody knows simple addition and subtraction to have taught her these. Iam sure you did English language in your Primary and secondary schools. Is it all the English topics that you were taught for close to 11 years in both primary and secondary schools that you are applying in real life?.

Go and find out from the producers of BBN the theories behind the production which makes you to see clearly what you are seeing. I do not know if you were born during the era of black and white TV without remote control.

Btw, i will want you to show me a bridge that has been constructed by an illiterate of mathematics and the load capacity of such a bridge.
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by NL1960: 10:55am On Feb 21, 2017
HanXolo:

Eyah...ure making tins worse for urself...smh..when building electrical machines there are so many equations used to determine the various parameters..
E.g AC Motors

In AC motors the speed is proportional to the frequency of the applied voltage and inversely proportional to the number of magnetic poles.

N = K3 f /P

Output power

The motor output power is directly proportional to its speed.
The output power P in Watts is given by:

P = ωT

Where ω is the speed in radians per second and T is the torque in Newton metres

OR

P = 2π NT/ 60= NT/9.55

Where N is the speed in revolutions per minute (RPM)

And these are just the basics..so u saying u don't apply maths in real life makes me question everything about you..what did u study?..or is bbn giving u a brain drain

Why are you wasting your time?. This is somebody who is saying '2x-1x' and also saying 'find x' from it and you think such a person even knew what mathematics is all about?. It is people like these that make students to hate mathematics and when the reality now hits them later in life, they start regretting why they did not pay attention to the simple mathematics earlier in their life.

I know of some people then that when it is time for mathematics and the maths teacher comes into the class, they will jump out through the window and be asking the teacher what the usefulness of what he is going to teach will be to their lives in future. These people are now doing some professional courses and they are meeting the simple mathematics which they ignored them. They are now going back to the people who stayed in class then and whom they were making jest of.
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 21, 2017
krattoss:
Tell me something..practical knowledge ba..so u dunno the pratical is theory in application...who are you?..where are u from sir?..
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 21, 2017
NL1960:

Why are you wasting your time?. This is somebody who is saying '2x-1x' and also saying 'find x' from it and you think such a person even knew what mathematics is all about?. It is people like these that make students to hate mathematics and when the reality now hits them later in life, they start regretting why they did not pay attention to the simple mathematics earlier in their life.

I know of some people then that when it is time for mathematics and the maths teacher comes into the class, they will jump out through the window and be asking the teacher what the usefulness of what he is going to teach will be to their lives in future. These people are now doing some professional courses and they are meeting the simple mathematics which they ignored them. They are now going back to the people who stayed in class then and whom they were making jest of.

Lol u are ryt sir...saying maths has no application in life is like saying we should go back to the stone age..he doesn't know engineering and tech are all centered around mathematics...hey kratoss since ur grandma is so good with phones why don't you tell her to make u a new model...?
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by NL1960: 11:12am On Feb 21, 2017
HanXolo:

Lol u are ryt sir...saying maths has no application in life is like saying we should go back to the stone age..he doesn't know engineering and tech are all centered around mathematics...hey kratoss since ur grandma is so good with phones why don't you tell her to make u a new model...?

Iam sure the guy even thinks that whenever he makes a post on Nairaland and colours the words or line of words for instance with blue colour, Seun the owner of Nairaland has an illiterate painter he has employed behind the screen who quickly dips his paint brush into a blue colour bucket of paint and paints the words or line of words before it appears to him in blue. cheesy. My boss in the office always says 'half knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge'.
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 21, 2017
NL1960:

Iam sure the guy even thinks that whenever he makes a post on Nairaland and colours the words or line of words for instance with blue colour, Seun the owner of Nairaland has an illiterate painter he has employed behind the screen who quickly dips his paint brush into a blue colour bucket of paint and paints the words or line of words before it appears to him in blue. cheesy. My boss in the office always says 'half knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge'.
Hahaha the painter stuff killed me..he doesn't know anything abt PHP n sql...no need to blame him further..
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by oyonu(m): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2017
krattoss:
stfu nuthead..

tell me where all these theoretical maths been solved on the blackboard can help in a real life event..
Wisdom is too high for a fool
Re: Let’s Encourage Mathematics Instead Of BBN by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 23, 2017
Purplebirdrep:
Let’s Encourage Mathematics instead of BBN

BY FAITH KIRIAN

The winner of this notorious Big Brother Naija is expected to walk away with N25milion and a car.. All it requires is, live with a set of fellow crazy people, do all sorts of immoral things and win!

Corrupt Our Innocent Children.

If only there could be an educating version of such. If only they could house intelligent scholars like this and make them compete for similar prizes. But, no! Our people do not encourage sanity.

The best in mathematics competitions walks home with ridiculous stipends. Laughable prizes while these morons in BBA earn millions for coming to display immorality on International TVs.

What a generation! What a time! How do we nurture and produce the next Chike Obi’s, the next Bala Usman’s, the next Chinua Achebe’s and the next Wole Shoyinka’s?

What foundations are we laying down for the coming generations? What message of hope and legacies are we leaving behind?

We are losing our minds.

I salute those who spend hours watching the shame of a Show, yet have a short attention span when reading a resourceful book Praying or Solving problems . There is a question mark on what our values are.

Happy Sunday to you All
Why mathematics? There are other subjects too that needs to be encouraged.

(1) (Reply)

Admission Into ESGT Benin University Has Started / . / COVID-19: Shutting Down Medical Schools, A Good or a Bad Call?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.