Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

How To Transfer From Barclays UK To Nigerian GBP Domiciliary Account With GTBANK - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Transfer From Barclays UK To Nigerian GBP Domiciliary Account With GTBANK (3060 Views)

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts / Former Barclays Boss Raises Stake In Union Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Transfer From Barclays UK To Nigerian GBP Domiciliary Account With GTBANK by Hype007: 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello friends, pls it's urgent. My colleague is to send me money from her Barclay account UK right into my GBP domiciliary account with GTBANK here in Nigeria.

Pls what's the process and what will be required so I know what and what to send to her ?? It's a little bit confusing to her. Anybody gone through this before , what's the best way to go about it.

Thank you as I anticipate your quick response.
Re: How To Transfer From Barclays UK To Nigerian GBP Domiciliary Account With GTBANK by tempest01(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
I think she can do that from the banks internet banking. But i think some charges might incur.

edited...She can transfer pounds to you. You need to know your BIC/SWIFT

Alternatively, she could send you the equivalent in naira. I use AZIMO, Though the rates are not black market rates, they are better than what the banks offer, and they are very effective.

Azimo.com

Re: How To Transfer From Barclays UK To Nigerian GBP Domiciliary Account With GTBANK by DelTel(m): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
Your benefactor should complete necessary transfer form online or at the bank branch.

Below are the necessary details for GBP to GTBank.

INTERMEDIARY BANK: CITIBANK LONDON
BIC/SWIFT CODE: CITIGB2L
INTERMEDIARY ACCOUNT NUMBER: GB72CITI18500808315795.

Include your full names on the account, GBP account NUBAN account number, and address.

Impress it on the sender to get and send the telex copy from his/her bank, so you can follow-up with GTBank to avoid return of the funds.

Pls note that the details above is for GBP only and not other FX.

2 Likes

Re: How To Transfer From Barclays UK To Nigerian GBP Domiciliary Account With GTBANK by Hype007: 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
DelTel:
Your benefactor should complete necessary transfer form online or at the bank branch.

Below are the necessary details for GBP to GTBank.

INTERMEDIARY BANK: CITIBANK LONDON
BIC/SWIFT CODE: CITIGB2L
INTERMEDIARY ACCOUNT NUMBER: GB72CITI18500808315795.

Include your full names on the account, GBP account NUBAN account number, and address.

Impress it on the sender to get and send the telex copy from his/her bank, so you can follow-up with GTBank to avoid return of the funds.

Pls note that the details above is for GBP only and not other FX.

First of all, thanks for your reply. Prior to my post, I already sent her the details you hist mentioned as given to me by gtbank, but it seems from her end they are requiring my sort code and account number alone. The whole thing is confusing me .. what do you suggest ?

Have use used this before to send to Nigeria ? If yes, where exactly did you go on the Internet banking dashboard? ?
Re: How To Transfer From Barclays UK To Nigerian GBP Domiciliary Account With GTBANK by Hype007: 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
tempest01:
I think she can do that from the banks internet banking. But i think some charges might incur.

edited...She can transfer pounds to you. You need to know your BIC/SWIFT

Alternatively, she could send you the equivalent in naira. I use AZIMO, Though the rates are not black market rates, they are better than what the banks offer, and they are very effective.

Azimo.com

Thanks, prior to this, I use worldremit. .. But I need the money in the actual currency so I sell in the black market
Re: How To Transfer From Barclays UK To Nigerian GBP Domiciliary Account With GTBANK by DelTel(m): 9:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hype007:

First of all, thanks for your reply. Prior to my post, I already sent her the details you hist mentioned as given to me by gtbank, but it seems from her end they are requiring my sort code and account number alone. The whole thing is confusing me .. what do you suggest ?

Have use used this before to send to Nigeria ? If yes, where exactly did you go on the Internet banking dashboard? ?

The sender should go to the branch to do it, at least for the first time.

The details are necessary as the funds might be delayed getting to you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ZOBO Preservative For Sale / Order Your items On Amazon @ N300/$, and shipping $4.5/lbs / The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.