Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel (29913 Views)

Ishola Filani Is Dead - PDP Ex-vice Chairman / Breaking: Massive Defection Of Dead PDP Members To APC. / Babatunde Osolanke Is Dead (PDP Lagos Chairman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by HungerBAD: 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
Abuja, By Agbo-Paul Augustine

A man believed to be in his early 60s said to be a Chieftain of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr Isaac Ojukwu, has set himself ablaze in a rented hotel apartment in Nyanya, a satellite town of Abuja, FederalCapital Territory (FCT).
The incident which occurred early hours of Thursday, also saw the entire hotel burnt to ground level, even as the deceased was equally burnt beyond recognition.

LEADERSHIP Sunday gathered the late Dr Ojukwu was a member of the PDP, Diaspora unit. He was said to have handled the diaspora unit of the Party in Germany, Denmark among other foreign countries.

Document and other files found in his luggage rescued in the hotel indicated a strong connection to the Party hierarchy, some of which showed he might be connected to a serving Governor in a PDP controlled state.

The new revelation has sent shock waves among sympathizers who have been trooping to the hotel site, wondering what could have led to such abnormal behavior.

Narrating the ugly incidence, the Owner of the burnt Hotel and Associate Professor at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Sylvanus M. Itodo, said it still remained a shock, how an adult would just wish to take his own life, without known cause.

“We were all sitting together that fateful night before he left to watch football match and I also left the hotel premises by 11pm, to go and sleep.

“It was around 12am that I recieved a phone call from one of the boys in the hotel, crying, that my hotel was on fire. Before I could get to the hotel, the flame was everywhere; and it took the efforts of the Federal Fire Service to prevent the inferno from escalating to the surrounding houses”, Itodo lamented.

Investigations also revealed that, the deceased, who hailed from Ohuhu in Umuahia area of Abia State, has been staying in the apartment, Boundary Plaza Hotel, Nyanya, for the past 5 years.

Though it was gathered that he was married to a German woman with kids, it was, however, revealed that, none of his family members, including the wife or children, had paid him a visit all through his stay in the hotel.

An eye witness account by his direct neighbour, Ohize Yakubu, who has been living in the hotel apartment since the day of his wedding in 2013; said, those lodging in the hotel made frantic efforts to pull the deceased out of the building but he struggled and ran back into the burning room.
“We went to watch Arsenal and Bayern match that night, I came back to the hotel and Dr. Isaac came in 5 minutes later. After some minutes, I started hearing strange sound from his room, which is directly opposite my room.

“At first, I was scared to open door, because I didn’t know if it was a robbery attack, until I heard and recognised the voice of one of our neighbours, beckoning on Dr. Isaac to open door and come out, shouting fire, fire.

“At this point, everyone ran back as the inferno had started escalating and all my belongings got burnt. My wife only escaped with my son. I was engaged in the process of rescuing Dr. Isaac, and lost all my belongings in the process”, Yakubu narrated.

As at the time of filing this report, no one could explain in clear terms, what might have gone wrong with the deceased, to have warranted him taking his own life. Even though the Corpse has been deposited at the Asokoro General Hospital by the Police, but the family members are yet to arrive Abuja.

A source at the hotel also revealed that, the deceased had early this week, moved all his belongings, including clothes, to another chalet within the hotel premises, saying he would love to change his room.

http://leadership.ng/news/572625/man-60-commits-suicide-sets-abuja-hotel-ablaze

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by sarrki(m): 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
The thing Don start

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by searchng4love: 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
I suspect murder..... Not suicide.

Self immolation is not a Nigerian thing. Proper investigation should be carried out. The testifier should be locked up

75 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by dearsly(m): 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
BUHARI Y?.... embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by Kingstel(m): 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
RIP lipsrsealed
See [url]Vineck.com[/url] for LUXURY STORIES, RELATIONSHIP TIPS, LOFTY CELEBRATIONS and more...
Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by sarrki(m): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Finally I have been vindicated

Madrid guy my bro

Omenkalives

Vedaxcool

Passingshot

Kabrud

Nngenekwenu the Great

Hungerbad is here already

The camp is getting hoter everyday

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by sarrki(m): 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
searchng4love:

Self immolation is not a Nigerian thing. Proper investigation should be carried out. The testifier should be locked up

It is due to the judgment of the life chairman

It's not assassination

There camp is in disarray

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by searchng4love: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
sarrki:

It is due to the judgment of the life chairman

It's not assassination

There camp is in disarray
are you happy?

12 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by sarrki(m): 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
searchng4love:
are you happy?

You see my face expression

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by temitemi1(m): 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
PDP Chieftain indeed undecided

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by searchng4love: 8:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
sarrki:

You see my face expression

Your written words reveal more than any facial expressions can ever do

6 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by omenkaLives(m): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Will be right back. Lemme digest the story. Thaanks for the invitation Sarrki. wink

#DoneReading

Now, to be brutally frank with yall, reading though, i couldn't find a spot where I could tender any of the few fvcks ive got in my pocket.

First, he's a Chieftain (not just a common supporter)of the Peoples Destruction Party.

Secondly, he a Ugandan (a people fond of wishing other people dead, celebrating other people's death, sickness, and any other misfortune).

Thirdly, i am just not in the mood. grin

So, i'd say, screw him, with knobs on.

Next.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by sCun: 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
The story doesn't convince me that it was suicide.

6 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by ephi123(f): 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
sarrki:

Madrid guy my bro

Omenkalives

Vedaxcool

Passingshot

Kabrud

Nngenekwenu the Great

You can't even spell hotter. Only heaven knows the grammar school you went to. Mr paid agent.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by Danzakidakura(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
DSS killed him not suicide .
Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by vedaxcool(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
Well .... Sad whatever pushes one to suicide tend to have severe anguish may God grant his family the fortitude to bear this sad loss.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by madridguy(m): 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lol....am loyal my Oga @ the top.

sarrki:

Madrid guy my bro

Omenkalives

Vedaxcool

Passingshot

Kabrud

Nngenekwenu the Great

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by Ahmadgani(m): 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Depression and frustration

3 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by Okanokan(m): 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
The Police should carry out a proper investigation, something dont seem to fit with the story.

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by OlujobaSamuel: 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
searchng4love:

witness should be locked up? na wao, see why no one is ready to help the police. You go make a good IGP, keep it up

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Did he return Our Money before embarking on the Journey? angry angry angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by EdCure: 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
witness should be locked up? na wao, see why no one is ready to help the police. You go make a good IGP, keep it up
Indeed. I SMH after reading his post.

These are the same uneducated plebs that blab about rule of law when it suits them.

5 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by kabrud: 2:51am On Feb 20, 2017
ephi123:

[s]You can't even spell hotter. Only heaven knows the grammar school you went to. Mr paid agent[/s].

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by kabrud: 2:56am On Feb 20, 2017
sarrki:

Madrid guy my bro

Omenkalives

Vedaxcool

Passingshot

Kabrud

Nngenekwenu the Great

My oga, actually you have been saying it. It is now visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. The camp is truly on fire.
grin grin grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by sinistermind(m): 3:53am On Feb 20, 2017
Becos he's a PDP chieftain, it is already political but if one morufu in one of the shanties drinks acid or hangs himself, it is depression or condition. Some people commenting above me should grow brains, if they can't, they should use their kidney instead.

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by TPAND(f): 6:16am On Feb 20, 2017
This might be a premeditated murder. Lady Nigerian police have drawn conclusions so quick. Will someone set himself on fire in a rented apartment and not shout. Can a deadman set himself on fire.

This are two rhetorical questions that a cerebral mind should ponder and know this is not suicide but murder

3 Likes

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by MaziOmenuko: 6:22am On Feb 20, 2017
After watching Bayern beat his club Arsenal, he set himself on fire.

Please stay close to any of your family and friends who supports Arsenal. This is the second Arsenal fan taking his life within a month here in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by momentarylapse: 7:39am On Feb 20, 2017
See finishing? ........next please grin
Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by ephi123(f): 8:37am On Feb 20, 2017
[s]
kabrud:

[/s]
Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by sarrki(m): 8:39am On Feb 20, 2017
kabrud:

My oga, actually you have been saying it. It is now visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. The camp is truly on fire.
grin grin grin

I told you guys

They are in a state of comatose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isaac Ojukwu Is Dead, PDP Chieftain Commits Suicide In Abuja Hotel by sarrki(m): 8:41am On Feb 20, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Did he return Our Money before embarking on the Journey? angry angry angry

That's the key question

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Budget For 2019 Election: The Breakdown (Pictured) / Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari / FG Begins Nationwide Distribution Of 1m Free Meters In Kano, Kaduna, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.