Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,502 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... (2135 Views)

The Monitor Lizard I Killed For My Easter Celebration (Easter Sunday) / Thread closed..... / Things To Know About Easter Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... by nery4u(m): 11:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
This is "ISHTAR" been pronounced as "EASTER"
Easter was originally the celebration of Ishtar, the Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility and sex. Her symbols ( like eggs and the bunny) were and still are fertility and sex symbol ( or did you actually thinks eggs and bunnies had anything to do with the resurrection?).
After Constantine decided to Christianize the empire, Easter was changed to represent Jesus. But at its root, Easter ( which is how you pronounce Ishtar) is all about celebrating fertility and sex.

Re: The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
I never knew this....so all the plenty chicken, rice and orisirisi,na for fertility and sex?
Re: The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... by blackboy(m): 11:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
You got a point but to Christians Easter is bout Jesus death and resurrection.
Re: The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... by nery4u(m): 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
I never knew this....so all the plenty chicken, rice and orisirisi,na for fertility and sex?
May God help us.
Re: The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
nery4u:
May God help us.
am still wondering
Re: The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... by nery4u(m): 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
blackboy:
You got a point but to Christians Easter is bout Jesus death and resurrection.

Yes, as we attributed December 25th to the birth of Jesus Christ.
Think link explain it better https://rcg.org/books/ttooe.html
Re: The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... by nery4u(m): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
am still wondering
I think this links explained it better
https://rcg.org/books/ttooe.html
Re: The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
nery4u:

I think this links explained it better
https://rcg.org/books/ttooe.html
tnx
Re: The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration... by nery4u(m): 11:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
tnx
you're welcome ma.

(1) (Reply)

Chief Imam - Jesus Visited Me In The Mosque On Ramadan Day (Video) / Game Of Thrones Is Satanic? No / The Koran And The Bible Is It From God. Explanation And Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.