Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? (2820 Views)

WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) / Should We Really Accept Matthew 28:19 As The Words Spoken By Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
Peacefullove:

You have only successfully tell us resurrection is an hoax ! of what purpose is the resurrection when they had a Body already ? uhm .

Hope you read this
It seems the spirit takes on some of the attributes of the body it inhabited for some time before the actual resurrection on the last day.

I have not seen it before so i can't actually make a very good explanation to you.
Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Peacefullove: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
Junia:

He died for everyone bro
The OT saints who died went to Abraham's bosom. When Jesus died, He went there and took them to Heaven. If he didn't die, these people would have remained in Abrahams bosom forever without making the Heaven where God Himself is.

Mr Junia, you have changed your Views o ... earlier u said its heaven direct that they go, now its Abraham Bossom. issokay

but let me ask you . Junias bosom is Junias Chest right ? Abraham bosom = Abraham Chest too , you mean everyone of them that died have been pilling up on Abraham's Chest ? How can a man Like Abel who died before Abraham was born went to his Chest ?
Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Peacefullove: 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
Junia:

Hope you read this
It seems the spirit takes on some of the attributes of the body it inhabited for some time before the actual resurrection on the last day.

I have not seen it before so i can't actually make a very good explanation to you.

what is this spirit SIR ?
Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
Peacefullove:

Mr Junia, you have changed your Views o ... earlier u said its heaven direct that they go, now its Abraham Bossom. issokay

but let me ask you . Junias bosom is Junias Chest right ? Abraham bosom = Abraham Chest too , you mean everyone of them that died have been pilling up on Abraham's Chest ? How can a man Like Abel who died before Abraham was born went to his Chest ?

Its just a name for that place. I haven't been there before. I'm not God. I can't understand everything. God does what He wants. Whether Abel is in Heaven or hell or wherever He is .. i can't tell. My mission is to share the Gospel.
Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
Peacefullove:

what is this spirit SIR ?
The spirit of the dead man.
Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Peacefullove: 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
Junia:

Its just a name for that place.
I haven't been there before. I'm not God. I can't understand everything. God does what He wants. Whether Abel is in Heaven or hell or wherever He is .. i can't tell. My mission is to share the Gospel.

@ bold , If u say we shouldn't take Abraham bossom at face value . it means we should not take every other thing in that story too at face value.

if Abraham Bosom represent the name of a place . who did Abraham in the story represent ? what does the Fire represent ? what does Lazarus represent ? what does the gulf represent?

those are the questions that arise if u try to give Abraham bossom another meaning from the literal one. ALL become a representative
Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Peacefullove: 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
Junia:

The spirit of the dead man.
what is the Spirit of a dead man Sir ?
Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Peacefullove:

@ bold , If u say we shouldn't take Abraham bossom at face value . it means we should not take every other thing in that story too at face value.

if Abraham Bosom represent the name of a place . who did Abraham in the story represent ? what does the Fire represent ? what does Lazarus represent ? what does the gulf represent?

those are the questions that arise if u try to give Abraham bossom another meaning from the literal one. ALL become a representative

We don't know things of the spiritual world. I don't know why that name was given. I just know that place is called Abrahams bosom. And i also know there are levels of Heaven. I think we should end it here.
Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
Peacefullove:

what is the Spirit of a dead man Sir ?
I don't know. All i know is that when you die, your spirit leaves your body.
Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by petra1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
Abdulgaffar22:
. If this is true, then how could Jesus have said: I am the way and the truth and the life? No one comes to the Father except through me(John 14:6)?In what way has the Old Testament saints passed through Jesus Christ to reach God the Father-when they did not even have any personal relationship with him-?

I think you should rather ask questions than trying to teach what you don't know . Secondly we can't explain much because you can't understand deep things until you're saved .

The Old Testament folks had a distant relationship with God. But in christ . God comes into them . Christianity is actually about God indwelling presence in man. And that happens when a man receive eternal life . A recreation of the human spirit . Oneness with God .

1 Like

Re: Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? by Kenneth4u205(m): 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
I'm a professor of the bible.too late I came across this post late.very bad that most Christians today can't defend the Word of our lord.

let me explain to novice Christians and that Muslim guy what really happens to people that died before Jesus came.the all went to the land of the dead or what the Bible call Sheol .sometimes the Bible use the word"have gone to sleep with his ancestors or fathers ". both the righteous and the sinners among them all went to the land of the dead or ancestors .why?. because Christ was the only way to be made right with God. they all went to the land of the dead or Sheol ,waiting there for the promised Messiah Jesus, who will redeem them.that's why David wrote in the psalms ,"you will not allow my soul to remain in Sheol.

now let's look at the life of two people that died in the Bible before Jesus came.and where they both went to after death

holy prophet Samuel and sinful king Saul

1 Samuel 28:11-19 said that the both went to the land of the dead..when Jesus died, he then went to the land of the dead to preach and deliver out the righteous ones that died before he came .

1 Samuel 28:11-19

11 Then the woman said, “Whom shall I bring up for
you?” He said, “Bring up Samuel for me.” 12 When the
woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice. And
the woman said to Saul, “Why have you deceived me?
You are Saul.” 13 The king said to her, “Do not be afraid.
What do you see?” And the woman said to Saul, “I see a
god coming up out of the earth.” 14 He said to her,
“What is his appearance?” And she said, “An old man is
coming up, and he is wrapped w in a robe.” And Saul
knew that it was Samuel, and he bowed with his face to
the ground and paid homage.

15 Then Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed
me by bringing me up?” Saul answered, “I am in great
distress, for the Philistines are warring against me, and
x God has turned away from me and y answers me no
more, either by prophets or by dreams. Therefore I have
summoned you to tell me what I shall do.” 16 And
Samuel said, “Why then do you ask me, since the Lord
has turned from you and become your enemy? 17 The
Lord has done to you as he spoke by me, for z the Lord
has torn the kingdom out of your hand and given it to
your neighbor, David. 18 aBecause you did not obey the
voice of the Lord and did not carry out his fierce wrath
against Amalek, therefore the Lord has done this thing to
you this day. 19 Moreover, the Lord will give Israel also
with you into the hand of the Philistines, and tomorrow
you band your sons shall be with me
. The Lord will give
the army of Israel also into the hand of the Philistines.”

note that in verse 14 ,the bible said prophet Samuel was coming out from the ground or earth (Sheol or land of the dead)

then in verse 19,Samuel told sinful Saul that he would die the next day and join Samuel in Sheol.the both went to Sheol because Christ has not yet been born, even though Samuel was a holy prophet

for more bible question or explanation, whatsap me on +27614955973

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Advice For Atheist / A Peace Agreement Will Be Signed Between The Israelis And The Palestinians / How Can Ancestral Covenant Be Broken?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.