Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL (8655 Views)

Please Advice Needed On Getting A BMW E60 530i 2005 And A Toyota Camry 2009 Mode / Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! / A Review Of BMW 530i Using Remote Parking - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by adanny01(m): 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
luxy44:

The car is rugged and very reliable!

Among the 3 cars, it is the oldest, it is the most expensive to buy and maintain, it is the least powerful (except op wants the 550 V8).
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by kingreign(m): 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
luxy44:

The car is rugged and very reliable!

Untrue. Its one utterly unreliable vehicle. I can authoritatively tell you.
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 24, 2017
kingreign:

Untrue. Its one utterly unreliable vehicle. I can authoritatively tell you.

Lol @ authoritatively... Car you don't drive or have never owned, you are here saying authoritatively.... Funny is u

1 Like

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by kingreign(m): 7:53am On Feb 24, 2017
luxy44:

Lol @ authoritatively... Car you don't drive or have never owned, you are here saying authoritatively.... Funny is u

I need not drive or own it to know about it. You own and drive it, you may not know jack about it. ... Funny is you cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 24, 2017
adanny01:

Among the 3 cars, it is the oldest, it is the most expensive to buy and maintain, it is the least powerful (except op wants the 550 V8).

From your comment, you don't know a jack about that car, you are writing what you read on the internet here.

Car has been with me for 3years 2 months now. Just 2 weeks ago I changed the fan and a pair of linkages for 20k and 3k respectively. Now tell me, what is expensive here. If you want more prices of both new and tokunbo parts I have changed, I will tell you here. So stop misleading people.

The new linkage is sold for 6k (pair).

More: 1). 6 Coils metal colour N18,000. 2. Kick-Starter N7,000. All Toks. Show me you know something about this car or the 2 remaining cars apart from things you read on the internet or hear from friends or you are just as.s-lickin here.

2 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 24, 2017
kingreign:

I need not drive or own it to know about it. You own and drive it, you may not know jack about it. ... Funny is you cheesy

Kingrein.... You are not a 100% technical guy. You don't write off a car the way you just did. Car I am using and have done lots of DIYs on, I don't know a jack about it I pity you!!!

4 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by kingreign(m): 8:29am On Feb 24, 2017
luxy44:

Kingrein.... You are not a 100% technical guy. You don't write off a car the way you just did. Car I am using and have done lots of DIYs on, I don't know a jack about it I pity you!!!

How about the electric water pump eh and the plastic radiator bleed screw cap and the DISA? grin
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 24, 2017
kingreign:

I need not drive or own it to know about it. You own and drive it, you may not know jack about it. ... Funny is me cheesy

You need not drive or own but you can authoritatively say car is unreliable!! I really don't understand you o... Is this where people get informed about cars?? Social media sha!! Everybody has an opinion!!

3 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 24, 2017
kingreign:

How about the electric water pump eh and the plastic radiator bleed screw cap and the DISA? grin

Be objective: those parts I listed their prices, list the same of the Acura and Lexus, let the O.P compare and make a decision.

You are a repairer, yet you have not given a price of any of the parts so we can know which is less expensive to maintain. Oh sorry, "mechanic" don't like to disclose prices of parts and don't encourage people to buy cars that will take them out of their comfort zone....I gat u now!!!

O.P, I'm sure you are educated, buy any of those cars you love to own, get a scanner, watch DIYs videos on YouTube, get few tools, mix the knowledge of advanced Kazeem with engineers like Gazzuzz and Mayor, so you can get cheap labour and cheap maintenance in all..

3 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by adanny01(m): 8:43am On Feb 24, 2017
luxy44:

From your comment, you don't know a jack about that car, you are writing what you read on the internet here.

Car has been with me for 3years 2 months now. Just 2 weeks ago I changed the fan and a pair of linkages for 20k and 3k respectively. Now tell me, what is expensive here. If you want more prices of both new and tokunbo parts I have changed, I will tell you here. So stop misleading people.

The new linkage is sold for 6k (pair).

More: 1). 6 Coils metal colour N18,000. 3Kick-Starter N7,000. All Toks. Show me you know something about this car or the 2 remaining cars apart from things you read on the internet or hear from friends or you are just as.s-lickin here.

Have you compared all the above especially considering year of cars? Are you saying BMW is the best just because you use it? Have you considered ease of repairs. Dont you know that 80% of mechanics in Nigeria are more conversant with Toyota and Honda?

I made an example on NL before, a bad ABS speed sensor will only deactivate the ABS system on a Japanese car the same fault in a German car cripples it. I know of a Volkswagen which will not shift gear because of an ABS speed sensor, a Benz that went into limp mode, limiting the car from going more than 60km/hr. The one for Benz happened to me midway traveling from Akwa Ibom to Kaduna. The journey became a 2 day journey as a result while travelling at 60km/h on an 800km journey.

This is a typical example. It is not just linkages and kickstarter. These parts are easy DIY projects, electrical problems are the more difficult problems for mechanics and we all know German cars are more electrically complicated and these problems are more crippling. How much is Benz replacement key and its programing in comparison to the average Japanese cars of similar year?

Compare, not just give your experience with one car. I am certainly not saying BMW is a bad car, i am simple making a comparison with common problems for these cars. I also know that its not a fair comparison since a 2009 Acura is compared to a 2007 530.

3 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 24, 2017
adanny01:

Have you compared all the above especially considering year of cars? Are you saying BMW is the best just because you use it? Have you considered ease of repairs. Dont you know that 80% of mechanics in Nigeria are more conversant with Toyota and Honda?

I made an example on NL before, a bad ABS speed sensor will only deactivate the ABS system on a Japanese car the same fault in a German car cripples it. I know of a Volkswagen which will not shift gear because of an ABS speed sensor, a Benz that went into limp mode, limiting the car from going more than 60km/hr. The one for Benz happened to me midway traveling from Akwa Ibom to Kaduna. The journey became a 2 day journey as a result while travelling at 60km/h on an 800km journey.

This is a typical example. It is not just linkages and kickstarter. These parts are easy DIY projects, electrical problems are the more difficult problems for mechanics and we all know German cars are more electrically complicated and these problems are more crippling. How much is Benz replacement key and its programing in comparison to the average Japanese cars of similar year?

Compare, not just give your experience with one car. I am certainly not saying BMW is a bad car, i am simple making a comparison with common problems for these cars. I also know that its not a fair comparison since a 2009 Acura is compared to a 2007 530.

Now you are commenting the way you should, not just saying some cars are abandoned at some workshops because everybody around you is saying that.

My friend, there are safety measures on cars, you want to continue driving a car with a bad ABS?? That's suicidal!!! Hence the limp mode, it is to protect you and from further damage to your car. A bmw e70 went into limp mode when the water pump failed, it was only doing around 40km/h, I was so happy.

You think you can drive Acura or Lexus to death like you do on your toyotas?? They are luxury cars too and well protected!!

Read my advice to the O.P on what to do... Zegobe

4 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by adanny01(m): 9:35am On Feb 24, 2017
luxy44:

Now you are commenting the way you should, not just saying some cars are abandoned at some workshops because everybody around you is saying that.

My friend, there are safety measures on cars, you want to continue driving a car with a bad ABS?? That's suicidal!!! Hence the limp mode, it is to protect you and from further damage to your car. A bmw e70 went into limp mode when the water pump failed, it was only doing around 40km/h, I was so happy.

You think you can drive Acura or Lexus to death like you do on your toyotas?? They are luxury cars too and well protected!!

I didnt say that because someone said it. I actually saw 2 garages in Akwa Ibom, one in Abak road precisely with very expensive BMW cars abandoned. Thats like 2years ago so i cant get back there to get proof for you thats why i let that matter go.

In Nigeria, an ABS crippling your car on certain locations is a death wish. There are places in Abj that your car will be seriously vandalised if it breaks down.

1 Like

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 24, 2017
adanny01:

I didnt say that because someone said it. I actually saw 2 garages in Akwa Ibom, one in Abak road precisely with very expensive BMW cars abandoned. Thats like 2years ago so i cant get back there to get proof for you thats why i let that matter go.

In Nigeria, an ABS crippling your car on certain locations is a death wish. There are places in Abj that your car will be seriously vandalised if it breaks down.

My car ABS light was on , I drove for weeks before I replaced it... Ofcourse e60!

2 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by sonofkarma: 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
luxy44:

I will like to reach you..What media can i reach you with
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by kingreign(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
I drove a toyota sequioa on a trip and while on d trip I suddenly noticed d car went off....I cleared off d road...started d car n continued but noticed the break light and b4 I cud say jack the car went off again....long story short the car was going off because the break pipe got broken n all the break oil had leaked...so I blv all dis measures r part of reliability of the car....why pay so much 4 a car that puts ur life in danger...

1 Like

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by ba7man(m): 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2017
If I go with my heart......BMW 5 series

If I go with my head.......Lexus GS350

If I go with my butt........Acura TL

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by sonofkarma: 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
ba7man:
If I go with my heart......BMW 5 series

If I go with my head.......Lexus GS350

If I go with my butt........Acura TL
grin

1 Like

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by BeansAndBread(m): 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
luxy44:
OP, I drove gs300 for few months, rare wheel drive, quality is very ok better than the RX series , I'm sure the 350 will be better.

Presently I drive the e60, the exact year you listed. That car is second none and it is the cheapest to maintain in your list.

Check for prices of new parts online and also drive to Oyingbo, Ladipo etc to compare tokunbo parts. Don't be deceived!
Bros, advice me o. My dad is considering getting a 525i, I've been seeing discouraging posts concerning the ride. Believe me, the car is too cute, hope it's affordable to maintain because I have a good maintenance culture?
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2019
kingreign:

Why is it that German car fans (Mercedes Benz and BMW) easily get angry. They claim their cars are reliable but get very angry whenever someone says the contrary, but they can easily call Japanese cars japshit without problems.

2 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by kingreign(m): 12:25pm On Jan 23, 2019
greenhulk:

Why is it that German car fans (Mercedes Benz and BMW) easily get angry. They claim their cars are reliable but get very angry whenever someone says the contrary, but they can easily call Japanese cars japshit without problems.

If you ask me; na who I go ask?
The matter wey we see so, e tay wey e start
No be me go talk am, e heavy for mouth
If you ask me…The matter for ground…
Eh! Na who I go ask?

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2019
greenhulk:

Inferiority complex.
It's just hard for them to come to terms with the fact that Japmobiles are now offering 85% of what the Germans do while being significantly cheaper to maintain.

Lol, that one says his E60 has been cheap to maintain. grin grin grin
That's funny af to me. Who no price E60 engine bay parts for market never know how life be. When one small thing spoils and they tell you 60k, your eye will clear. grin

3 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by CityNGR: 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2019
greenhulk:

Guy kindly face your BMW fans. Leave we Mercedes fans out of your shyte

2 Likes

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by CityNGR: 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Inferiority complex.
It's just hard for them to come to terms with the fact that Japmobiles are now offering 85% of what the Germans while being significantly cheaper to maintain.

Lol, that one says his E60 has been cheap to maintain. grin grin grin
That's funny af to me. Who no price E60 engine bay parts for market never know how life be. When one small thing spoils and they tell you 60k, your eye will clear. grin
There's no standard for the word "cheap" it is very relative

1 Like

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by CityNGR: 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2019
nurey:
I will take the BMW for ruggedness and that top notch german craftmanship
I will pick the Lexus because it stands out on its own, nah gate of heaven on earth
I will pick the Acura if i intend to stand out, people will continously try to know what model of car am driving, that to me gets the attention of the babes, what is more pleasing than a babe telling you she likes your ride and asking for your number so we can be friends wink

Baba afusa!!
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2019
CityNGR:

There's no standard for the word "cheap" it is very relative

E60 parts are more expensive than W211 parts, I believe.
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by CityNGR: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

E60 parts are more expensive than W211 parts, I believe.
I hate BMWs.
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by maturemindsonly(m): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2019
CityNGR:

I hate BMWs.
You no like better thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2019
maturemindsonly:

You no like better thing
More like he doesn't like suffering.
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by maturemindsonly(m): 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

More like he doesn't like suffering.

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by snipesdam(m): 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2019
kingreign:

LFA tins cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mehn, have you heard how the LF-A cries especially during gear changes?
Like a wolf in the woods in excruciating pains during a cold rainy day. grin grin

Oh Dear! kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL by CityNGR: 9:57pm On Jan 23, 2019
maturemindsonly:

You no like better thing
My Chi likes reliability and luxury. Thanks... go with your BMW!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The New TESLA Roadster Y Concept Study / Fuel Pumps In Nigeria. / Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.