Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,705 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page (1302 Views)

Cry From The Streets By Raf-El Produced By Crazygod / [hot Mixtape] Dj Spirit - The King Of The Streets Mix. (imole Mushin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by Oluwasemilorep(m): 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Olamide Adedeji is popularly known as Badoo or Pepe_Sneh has redefined the rap game in the Nigerian Music Industry, filling the steps left by the Late Dagrin (R.I.P), who was initially the originator of the ‘Yoruba New School Rap’.

You would agree with me that Olamide has not only redefined the rap game but has also fallen short of glory in the game these days with his dirty lyrics which doesn’t seems to be what Barack O’grin created the genre for. Even with his domination in the ‘Yoruba Rap’ industry, he doesn’t seems to be bother about the upcoming Yoruba rappers making waves, with the likes of CDQ, Terry Apala, Oladips, Benzeeno, Zlatan Ibile and lots more.

Olamide has done well for himself in the game and but hasn’t got that international recognition he always craved even with his denial of not looking for international fame. The only international collaboration he has is with foreign based – Nigerian (Wale). With his latest signee (Davolee) disappointing first single titled – Festival Bar. This is not what we expect from the YBNL crew, pushing out Festival Bar which is a kinda story rap about how Davolee got maltreated at his former job before been signed by the YBNL boss.

Lil-kesh has gained himself more fans ever since he left YBNL tho he still claims he’s still been managed by Olamide, he has developed based on lyrics levels, he doesn’t spit out rubbish anymore unlike when he was still with YBNL, he has learnt to hustle for himself and he’s determined to create his own new school rap, little does he know that YCEE isn’t all about the Yoruba ish, the only competition he has is Oladips, CDQ, Zlatan Ibile and Benzeeno for now.

Olamide has gone low in ranking, tho he’s still viewed as the king of the street but no, the new king is CDQ and he’s done himself more favours by dropping more hits to make sure even when he’s on holiday for months, he’s still has the street hungry for more. Olamide released his album and you should know it didn’t get all the necessary reviews it was supposed to unlike his other albums. ‘The Glory’ as he named it, for me is just another wack pack of singles dropped as an album instead of an E.P.

He featured Davolee on Pepper Dem Gang, and everyone noticed all Davolee was doing is to impress Olamide and not the street, Davolee’s got to impress the streets not Olamide, The only time we recognized the ‘Real Davolee’ was when he did a cover of panda, but now that he has joined the pepperthemgang, we don’t know what kind of rapper he will become, whether he will be all shitty with lyrics like his boss or state his mission like how other B-list rappers has done.

I must say I was impressed when I heard Davolee’s freestyle on the Radio, he killed it, you know every upcoming Yoruba rappers makes it looks like they all suffered before they hit fame, they all have one or to stories to tell on how they drank garri for years, how they slept in the studio for months…before they could meet their sponsor.

Go listen to olamide recents songs, his lyrics has taken him nowhere, they are all wack, even Reminisce’s not doing anything about Oladips condition, am surprised Reminisce has refused to bank on this Olamide’s disadvantage, he’s supposed to inspire Oladips to release more songs, all we hear or see about Oladips is his social media photos and 1-mins freestyle compared to his friend/becoming opponent ‘Zlatan Ibile’ who is pushing out more freestyles daily, CDQ getting featured here and there, Terry Apala’s giving us that Rap-uji tone we want to hear.

Olamide thinks he’s the king of the street and he doesn’t need to buy our hearts anymore, but he’s wrong, CDQ, Terry Apala, Dremo, YCEE are the ones ruling the streets now, who knows Badoo now, Olamide for now is more like a Godfather, we don’t hear much of him anymore, and when we do, he expects us to go to itunes and make his trend or top the charts for weeks. Nibo

Olamide has gone from the King of the street to King of Shits, his songs do get airplays, yes they would, I mean which radio station would want to play Olamide’s latest singles, no!!! I’m not talking about the singles, all we want is to hear lyrics that passes messages, not lyrics on how he shuts down Malaysia, Eko hotel and lots…shut down Maracana stadium self, you will trend but just know the streets aint yours anymore.

Where’s the Olamide of ‘Eni duro’, Olamide of ‘Legendary Hustler’, the Olamide we have now is the one that talks about himself in his songs, how he’s planning to beat down the opponents that disses him, or how he plans to surprise us with another wack lyrics songs.

Whether you agree or not, Olamide has gone from being the King of the Streets to the King of the Sheets.

Thanks for reading today’s article, please don’t forget to share to your loved ones!!!
Remain blessed.

Kindly Like & Follow your favourite blogger on this social media.
Instagram: Oluwasemilore Page
Facebook: Oluwasemilore Page (Fan Page)
Twitter: Oluwasemilore_P
Visit: oluwasemilorepage. for more interesting articles.
Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by haryomikun(m): 3:53am On Feb 22, 2017
You need to improve on your writing man. You're expressing yourself like a baby using the words you're using. You didn't even proofread your article

Anyways sha, in reference to your article, Olamide has and will always remain the king of the streets. Forget cdq and othersothers.Even Terry apala hasn't fully warmed his way into people's hearts yet

1 Like

Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by Oluwasemilorep(m): 7:03am On Feb 22, 2017
haryomikun:
You need to improve on your writing man. You're expressing yourself like a baby using the words you're using. You didn't even proofread your article

Anyways sha, in reference to your article, Olamide has and will always remain the king of the streets. Forget cdq and othersothers.Even Terry apala hasn't fully warmed his way into people's hearts yet

Thanks....
Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by Oluwasemilorep(m): 7:04am On Feb 22, 2017
haryomikun:

Could you please re edit it in a professional manner, I could learn from yo.
Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by IamKingwise(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2017
Oluwasemilorep:
Olamide Adedeji is popularly known as Badoo or Pepe_Sneh has redefined the rap game in the Nigerian Music Industry, filling the steps left by the Late Dagrin (R.I.P), who was initially the originator of the ‘Yoruba New School Rap’.

You would agree with me that Olamide has not only redefined the rap game but has also fallen short of glory in the game these days with his dirty lyrics which doesn’t seems to be what Barack O’grin created the genre for. Even with his domination in the ‘Yoruba Rap’ industry, he doesn’t seems to be bother about the upcoming Yoruba rappers making waves, with the likes of CDQ, Terry Apala, Oladips, Benzeeno, Zlatan Ibile and lots more.

Olamide has done well for himself in the game and but hasn’t got that international recognition he always craved even with his denial of not looking for international fame. The only international collaboration he has is with foreign based – Nigerian (Wale). With his latest signee (Davolee) disappointing first single titled – Festival Bar. This is not what we expect from the YBNL crew, pushing out Festival Bar which is a kinda story rap about how Davolee got maltreated at his former job before been signed by the YBNL boss.

Lil-kesh has gained himself more fans ever since he left YBNL tho he still claims he’s still been managed by Olamide, he has developed based on lyrics levels, he doesn’t spit out rubbish anymore unlike when he was still with YBNL, he has learnt to hustle for himself and he’s determined to create his own new school rap, little does he know that YCEE isn’t all about the Yoruba ish, the only competition he has is Oladips, CDQ, Zlatan Ibile and Benzeeno for now.

Olamide has gone low in ranking, tho he’s still viewed as the king of the street but no, the new king is CDQ and he’s done himself more favours by dropping more hits to make sure even when he’s on holiday for months, he’s still has the street hungry for more. Olamide released his album and you should know it didn’t get all the necessary reviews it was supposed to unlike his other albums. ‘The Glory’ as he named it, for me is just another wack pack of singles dropped as an album instead of an E.P.

He featured Davolee on Pepper Dem Gang, and everyone noticed all Davolee was doing is to impress Olamide and not the street, Davolee’s got to impress the streets not Olamide, The only time we recognized the ‘Real Davolee’ was when he did a cover of panda, but now that he has joined the pepperthemgang, we don’t know what kind of rapper he will become, whether he will be all shitty with lyrics like his boss or state his mission like how other B-list rappers has done.

I must say I was impressed when I heard Davolee’s freestyle on the Radio, he killed it, you know every upcoming Yoruba rappers makes it looks like they all suffered before they hit fame, they all have one or to stories to tell on how they drank garri for years, how they slept in the studio for months…before they could meet their sponsor.

Go listen to olamide recents songs, his lyrics has taken him nowhere, they are all wack, even Reminisce’s not doing anything about Oladips condition, am surprised Reminisce has refused to bank on this Olamide’s disadvantage, he’s supposed to inspire Oladips to release more songs, all we hear or see about Oladips is his social media photos and 1-mins freestyle compared to his friend/becoming opponent ‘Zlatan Ibile’ who is pushing out more freestyles daily, CDQ getting featured here and there, Terry Apala’s giving us that Rap-uji tone we want to hear.

Olamide thinks he’s the king of the street and he doesn’t need to buy our hearts anymore, but he’s wrong, CDQ, Terry Apala, Dremo, YCEE are the ones ruling the streets now, who knows Badoo now, Olamide for now is more like a Godfather, we don’t hear much of him anymore, and when we do, he expects us to go to itunes and make his trend or top the charts for weeks. Nibo

Olamide has gone from the King of the street to King of Shits, his songs do get airplays, yes they would, I mean which radio station would want to play Olamide’s latest singles, no!!! I’m not talking about the singles, all we want is to hear lyrics that passes messages, not lyrics on how he shuts down Malaysia, Eko hotel and lots…shut down Maracana stadium self, you will trend but just know the streets aint yours anymore.

Where’s the Olamide of ‘Eni duro’, Olamide of ‘Legendary Hustler’, the Olamide we have now is the one that talks about himself in his songs, how he’s planning to beat down the opponents that disses him, or how he plans to surprise us with another wack lyrics songs.

Whether you agree or not, Olamide has gone from being the King of the Streets to the King of the Sheets.

Thanks for reading today’s article, please don’t forget to share to your loved ones!!!
Remain blessed.

Kindly Like & Follow your favourite blogger on this social media.
Instagram: Oluwasemilore Page
Facebook: Oluwasemilore Page (Fan Page)
Twitter: Oluwasemilore_P
Visit: oluwasemilorepage. for more interesting articles.
Your article so Wack.
Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by haryomikun(m): 10:33am On Feb 22, 2017
shocked Me I no fit get time edit am oh. cry
Oluwasemilorep:
Could you please re edit it in a professional manner, I could learn from yo.
Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by Oluwasemilorep(m): 11:10am On Feb 22, 2017
IamKingwise:
Your article so Wack.
thanks
Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by EmperorShizzy: 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
Stupid critic from a demeted goat

Cdq ko
Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by otipoju(m): 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
I stopped feeling Olamide a long time ago...this was a guy whose lyrics I would listen to on my way to work in the snow to give me inspiration.

1 Like

Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by otipoju(m): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
I stopped feeling Olamide a long time ago...this was a guy whose lyrics I would listen to on my way to work in winter to give me inspiration to succeed against all odds

1 Like

Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by Oluwasemilorep(m): 10:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
otipoju:
I stopped feeling Olamide a long time ago...this was a guy whose lyrics I would listen to on my way to work in winter to give me inspiration to succeed against all odds
Now all he does is spit out in inspirational lyrics.
Re: Olamide: King Of The Streets Or King Of The Sheets ?? By Oluwasemilore Page by airmark(m): 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
So you prefer cdq to olamide based on songs that pass messages ? That must be a joke.

(1) (Reply)

9ice – Collect (download MP3) / VIDEO: Akothee – Oyoyo ft MC Galaxy / Future Heroes - My School Bell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.