Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Google Executive Indirectly Confirms Android Oreo Name - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Executive Indirectly Confirms Android Oreo Name (546 Views)

Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / See The Top 10 New Features In Android Oreo 8.0 / Check Out The 14 Powerful Features Of The New Android Oreo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Executive Indirectly Confirms Android Oreo Name by temitofa(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
The name for next Android version has been indirectly confirmed by Google executive.

But come to think of it, Android Nougat was just officially launched few days ago, in fact was first announced few days before Google I/O in March 2016. Now, Google I/O for 2017 is almost at our doorsteps, which means we should be expecting next developer preview of the new Android version.

Of course new features would be on their way to our phones if they are among those listed for the new update, but the most exciting thing is the name. Obviously, the next alphabet is O which would have thrown a alot Android fans into game of chess.
However, it's like Google does not want people to develop headache by releasing the name of the next Android name which is 'Android Oreo'.

A GIF tweeted of Oreo cake by a Google executive, Hiroshi Lockheimer, SVP of Android, Chrome OS and Play, appears to have given us a hint of what the next Android version might be called. A name after the famous cookies, Oreo.

All these suspense will end by the beginning of March if Google wish maintain its regular schedule.

Recall that Lockheimer has leaked some names that were eventually not officially used for some reasons. This is saying, we should not conclude that Oreo is the name.

http://www.tellforceblog.com/2017/02/google-executive-indirectly-confirms.html
Re: Google Executive Indirectly Confirms Android Oreo Name by MrBONE2(m): 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
Why not Octopus or Oyster or Ocean or Orange or Olympian or Oracle or my Obi "King of Kivuki Land, grin grin

Cos that Oreo sound like "UREA" grin
Re: Google Executive Indirectly Confirms Android Oreo Name by sorextee(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
Me dat im sad that my fone would forever be on marshmallow. Cos dey said nougat wont be coming to my fone.. Now they want to launch oreo.. It is well o.

These phone makers always want us to ditch our phones for a better one.. Cos of O.S.
The same way Samsung made me use their s1, s2, s3, s4 ND s5.
I see no reason why Xperia z2 wont get nougat, even though its 3gig ram..
If I putchase the z5, after a while, it becomes useless cos it wont get O.S ORBIT GUM.
Sell d fone ND get anoda. The trend continues..
Re: Google Executive Indirectly Confirms Android Oreo Name by sorextee(m): 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
Wey dey for name am ORANGUTAN

MrBONE2:
Why not Octopus or Oyster or Ocean or Orange or Olympian or Oracle or my Obi "King of Kivuki Land, grin grin

Cos that Oreo sound like "UREA" grin

(1) (Reply)

Make Free Money Online Now!!! Keep Ignorance ASIDE / Phone Gurus Pls Help. / 8 Strange Ways Your Phone Can Kill You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.