Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,512 members, 7,816,237 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told (1146 Views)

Help. LASTMA Seized My Vehicle! / Man Spotted Seriously Praying For An Atm Machine To Dispense Out His Money(Pics) / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told by valexxy: 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
I hurried to my GTB ATM today just to withdraw my money, when I inserted my card, I discovered it was not dispensing money. I approached Stanbic IBTC bank close by, to see if I can withdraw the money with my card. As I inserted the ATM, without doing any other thing it wrote hardware error, I waited for sometime to see if it would eject and I possibly try some other ATM, but no it didn't. In anger I entered The Stanbic Bank, and I told the lady I met what just happened, and she told me straight to go get another ATM card from my bank, I was shocked this is my card with my bank and my name on it. Just to avoid causing a scene I headed for my bank GTB where also I was told I need to feel a form for another ATM and pay for it. I don't still get why this policy, since when did it start. It's annoying because of the manner it happened. Please I need a solution to this, getting a new ATM will slow what I do with my ATM and such policy if true can affect any other person. I would appreciate your comments
Re: How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told by dominique(f): 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
That's the new bank policy. Once your ATM card gets trapped, it becomes compromised and can never be gotten back. What is so annoying is that you have to pay 1k+ for something that's not your fault.
Re: How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told by valexxy: 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
dominique:
That's the new bank policy. Once your ATM card gets trapped, it becomes compromised and can never be gotten back. What is so annoying is that you have to pay 1k+ for something that's not your fault.
I wonder how such policies were made without exceptions, cos dis 1 happened in a bank area and I alerted them immediately
Re: How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told by dominique(f): 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2017
valexxy:

I wonder how such policies were made without exceptions, cos dis 1 happened in a bank area and I alerted them immediately

There are no exceptions, even it got trapped in in your bank's ATM in your domiciled branch, you'll still have to pay for another one. Very annoying policy to say the least.
Re: How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told by lordaustin(m): 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2017
same thing happened to me last December. The most painful was that the card was barely one week old.

I was so bittered but on a second thought I consoled myself with the fact that it is for the safety of my account.

I have seen a situation where an account was completely wiped clean just because details of a card linked to the account was exposed.

You don't know who will pick up the card, notwithstanding if he/she is a bank staff. If it is given back to you, the details of the card may have already been taken without your knowledge and at a later time (when probably you have even forgotten the consequence of getting your card back), havoc can be wrecked on your account.

Unfortunately then, you may not have any defense and/or arguement as your card is with you and you only are suppose to be responsible for it, its details and whatever happens to and/or through it.

What baffles me though is why I have to pay for what is entirely not my fault. Why I have to pay for an error done soley by their machine, which I have no control over.

But hey, this is Nigeria. SH*T HAPPENS!!!

1 Like

Re: How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told by Slimszy: 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
dominique:

There are no exceptions, even it got trapped in in your bank's ATM in your domiciled branch, you'll still have to pay for another one. Very annoying policy to say the least.

Well.. But there are always exceptions.. If its ur bank atm in your domiciled branch.. Something can be done.. This happened to me last week amd was returned to me almost immediately
Re: How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told by valexxy: 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
lordaustin:
same thing happened to me last December. The most painful was that the card was barely one week old.

I was so bittered but on a second thought I consoled myself with the fact that it is for the safety of my account.

I have seen a situation where an account was completely wiped clean just because details of a card linked to the account was exposed.

You don't know who will pick up the card, notwithstanding if he/she is a bank staff. If it is given back to you, the details of the card may have already been taken without your knowledge and at a later time (when probably you have even forgotten the consequence of getting your card back), havoc can be wrecked on your account.

Unfortunately then, you may not have any defense and/or arguement as your card is with you and you only are suppose to be responsible for it, its details and whatever happens to and/or through it.

What baffles me though is why I have to pay for what is entirely not my fault. Why I have to pay for an error done soley by their machine, which I have no control over.

But hey, this is Nigeria. SH*T HAPPENS!!!

Yea u v got points, TNX so much
Re: How An ATM Seized My Card And The Annoying Thing I Was Told by valexxy: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
Slimszy:

Well.. But there are always exceptions.. If its ur bank atm in your domiciled branch.. Something can be done.. This happened to me last week amd was returned to me almost immediately

I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help..i Want To B A Bet9ja Agent..how Do I Go Abouut It.. / What Can I Start With 650k / How Can I Create NIGERIA PAYPAL ACCOUNT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.