Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,345 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

It Can't Work This Way - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Can't Work This Way (1382 Views)

Do Men Here Have Sisters At All And Still Bash Women This Way? / Can You Breastfeed Your Baby This Way? (photos) / What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Can't Work This Way by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
The happiness and prosperity of the married life depend upon the unity of both parties.
How can the carnal mind harmonize with the mind that is assimilated to the mind of Christ?
One is sowing to the flesh, thinking and acting in accordance with the promptings of his own heart;
the other is sowing to the Spirit, seeking to repress selfishness, to overcome inclination and to live in obedience to the Master, whose servant
he professes to be.
Thus there is a perpetual difference of taste, inclination and of purpose.

Unless the believer shall, through his/her steadfast adherence to principle, "win" the impenitent, he/she will, as is much more common, become discouraged and "sell" his religious principles for the poor companionship of one who has no connection with Heaven.

AH p.g 84

4 Likes

Re: It Can't Work This Way by johnson232: 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
Op Your husband na unbeliever?
Re: It Can't Work This Way by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
johnson232:
Op Your husband na unbeliever?

Hi Johnson232,
I'm not married...but if/when I do...he will absolutely be a "believer" in words and deeds.

1 Like

Re: It Can't Work This Way by johnson232: 6:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
MZLady39:

Hi Johnson232,
I'm not married...but if/when I do...he will absolutely be a "believer" in words and deeds.
Nice...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: It Can't Work This Way by helinues: 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
MZLady39:
The happiness and prosperity of the married life depend upon the unity of both parties.
How can the carnal mind harmonize with the mind that is assimilated to the mind of Christ?
One is sowing to the flesh, thinking and acting in accordance with the promptings of his own heart;
the other is sowing to the Spirit, seeking to repress selfishness, to overcome inclination and to live in obedience to the Master, whose servant
he professes to be.

Unless the believer shall, through his/her steadfast adherence to principle, "win" the impenitent, he/she will, as is much more common, become discouraged and "sell" his religious principles for the poor companionship of one who has no connection with Heaven.

AH p.g 84

You need to ask yourself what exactly you are looking for in a relationship.. if you current partner does not have most of your criteria, it is better to quit now
Re: It Can't Work This Way by enshy: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2017
MZLady39:
he professes to be.

AH p.g 84
Good piece!
If we must have responsible children, more attention should be on marriage and not parental training.
Faulty marriage will produce bad parental training just as you described!
God help us all! Amen!!
Re: It Can't Work This Way by Julivas(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
Correctly put together. That is why the scriptures say we shouldn't marry unbelievers.
Re: It Can't Work This Way by Toks2008(m): 9:23pm On May 01, 2017
MZLady39:
he professes to be.

AH p.g 84

Just thought I should check your threads today and I saw this piece.

It is very pertinent to know that the twist and turn in the minds of man is solely responsible for the calamitous situation we find ourselves.

In the bible,we have a merge of romance and spirituality and the songs of songs is the most romantic and decent errotic book I have ever read but shall we say Solomon is of a carnal mind...definitely not.

The Bible makes us know what the fruits of the flesh are and until we find such manifesting in the life of our partner,we have no reason to doubt their faith or worry about their morality.

Galatians 5:19-21
"19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God"

We all have different passion which is never negatively jusxtaposed with our Faith except a certain line is crossed.

My 50cents.
Re: It Can't Work This Way by Nobody: 1:06am On May 02, 2017
My brother Toks2008,
Thank you for your insight. The key words...."never juxtapose particular things" & "don't assume". We are all "works in progress". I got you.
Not bad at all....and your comment was higher than $0.50. I'll give you $1.00...
By the way, good thread (the title really caught my attention) that you created over in "my neck of the woods" on Sunday.
The piece was pretty well balanced smiley
Re: It Can't Work This Way by Toks2008(m): 2:35am On May 02, 2017
MZLady39:
My brother Toks2008,
Thank you for your insight. The key words...."never juxtapose particular things" & "don't assume". We are all "works in progress". I got you.
Not bad at all....and your comment was higher than $0.50. I'll give you $1.00...
By the way, good thread (the title really caught my attention) that you created over in "my neck of the woods" on Sunday.
The piece was pretty well balanced smiley

Thanks and remain blessed.

(1) (Reply)

Monthly House Rent Payment Now Possible In Lagos / . / Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.