Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Footballers You might not know Are Muslim - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Footballers You might not know Are Muslim (7637 Views)

Top Nollywood Stars You May Not Know Are Dead (Pictures) / Famous Female Youtubers You Probably Didn't Know Are Nigerians. / Regina Daniels: 8 Things You Might Not Know About The 16-Year-Old Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by hamzatseyi(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2017
Do you know that Paul Pogba is a Muslim and has gone to Saudi Arabia to perform the Holy Pilgrimage? Paul Pogba, 4 other Rich Footballers who have gone to Saudi Arabia to serve Allah

The game of football is arguably the most watched and supported sport in the world as hardly would you see an environment or country where the round leather game is not being played.
Footballers are the major characters in the game of football, and here we bring you some who are devoted Muslims and have gone all the way to Saudi Arabia to serve their creator Allah.
1. Paul Pogba
Going by his name, many fans would not believe that Manchester United star Paul Pogba is a Muslim. The player has been to Saudi Arabia to perform the Hajj exercise which is expected of every Muslim who can afford the cost of going to Mecca from their country.

2. Emmanuel Adebayor
Former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor was born into a Christian family on February 26, 1984, but the Togolese international changed his religion to Islam and he gave his reasons for him to have done so.
However, the petite forward has exemplified a good character of a devoted Muslim as he has gone to Saudi Arabia to perform his Hajj exercise.

3 Mesut Ozil
Arsenal star Mesut Ozil is one of the best midfielders in the world, and the German professional footballer is also a Muslim who has visited Saudi Arabia many times to perform the yearly Hajj exercise.

4. Abou Diaby
Abou Diaby is a French professional footballer who currently plays for French club Marseille and he has also played for Premier League club Arsenal. The 30-year-old is also a devoted Muslim who has done the Holy pilgrimage many times.

5. Nicolas Anelka
Former Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka is a devoted Muslim who has visited Mecca to perform the Holy Pilgrimage.

Cc lalasticlala
Seun
onihaxy
food Dön set o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by hamzatseyi(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2017
mesut ozil

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Sammypope4all(m): 8:16am On Feb 22, 2017
Isorite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by timawoku(m): 8:32am On Feb 22, 2017
Ozil wetin u find go there? With all the hajj una Still shop 5 from bayern
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by ybalogs(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2017
timawoku:
Ozil wetin u find go there? With all the hajj una Still shop 5 from bayern
What has has going to hajj got to do with his club chopping five? Religion and entertainments are two different things bro.

5 Likes

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by ybalogs(m): 8:47am On Feb 22, 2017
Thierry Henry,Franc Robert,Demba Ba, Edin Dzeko, Sami Khedira, Benzema, Andre Ayew and even Fellaini are all Muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 22, 2017
the heading though ''Footballers u won't believe are Muslims'' why won't we believe,. u say it as if Islam is a bad thing.

5 Likes

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by hamzatseyi(m): 9:03am On Feb 22, 2017
Ighoga898:
the heading though ''Footballers u won't believe are Muslims'' why won't we believe,. u say it as if Islam is a bad thing.
Baba I have nothing against Islam o,I am a Muslim .

2 Likes

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by thunderfiremods(m): 9:25am On Feb 22, 2017
Op dat title tho...y wont I believe

nd remember riyad mahrez is also one

1 Like

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by timawoku(m): 9:35am On Feb 22, 2017
ybalogs:

What has has going to hajj got to do with his club chopping five? Religion and entertainments are two different things bro.
bruv no mind me o, I just want make e pain those gunners grin

1 Like

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by BlueRayDick: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2017
FRank Ribery is also a muslim.......Can't remember the player he had an issue with during a bundesliga cup winning celebration for spilling alcohol on his body as a muslim. He really para for the guy. That was when I knew he is a muslim. Tho I think He's an extremist sha
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Fkforyou(m): 12:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
Shokdran mustafi.

1 Like

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Fkforyou(m): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
ybalogs:
Thierry Henry,Franc Robert,Demba Ba, Edin Dzeko, Sami Khedira, Benzema, Andre Ayew and even Fellaini are all Muslims.

Emm...I don't think Henry is a Muslim.

Also khedira is Jewish.

2 Likes

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Mightyraw(m): 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2017
BlueRayDick:
FRank Ribery is also a muslim.......Can't remember the player he had an issue with during a bundesliga cup winning celebration for spilling alcohol on his body as a muslim. He really para for the guy. That was when I knew he is a muslim. Tho I think He's an extremist sha
Maybe their are lots of muslims in frAnce
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Rilwayne001: 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
ybalogs:

No mind that mumu boy. He deserves a very hot slap angry angry
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Rilwayne001: 12:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
Fkforyou:
Shokdran mustafi.
is he really?
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by mamapidgin: 12:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
cool...Islam is the only major religion in the world that has a very clear historical background that is generally accepted

1 Like

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
Contact africlaimnig@gmail.com if you've been involved in a delayed flight to or from Europe in the past, and you could get up to N250,000.
Its a simple and professional process the whole way. Africlaim does the heavy lifting for passengers who have been involved in disrupted flights and gets them compensated by the airline involved.

Email us with a description of your past delay alongside a picture of the E-ticket or flight itinerary. We will keep you updated and in no time your compensation should be ready for transfer or collection at our Lagos branch.

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by dreamjizzy(m): 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
U call adebayor a petite striker..... cool shocked
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by BlueRayDick: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
dreamjizzy:
U call adebayor a petite striker..... cool shocked

grin grin grin Na because the guy see Emmanuel for him name, wan come turn am to Emmanuel Petit by force.
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by crackhouse(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
...... Still wondering what i will do with this information........ Still thinking....
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by olasaad(f): 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
and this

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by obinna58(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
Even messi

Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by LordZero(m): 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
olasaad:
and this
Nope, Ronaldo is not a muslim, he's just into some charity stuff with some muslim dudes.
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by olasaad(f): 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
LordZero:

Nope, Ronaldo is not a muslim, he's just into some charity stuff with some muslim dudes.

I know just joking
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by hrhobi1(m): 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
Fkforyou:

Emm...I don't think Henry is a Muslim.

Also khedira is Jewish.

Khedira is half Tunisian half German. Father from Tunisia.
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Fkforyou(m): 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
Rilwayne001:
is he really?
Yes, a practicing one at that.
Re: Footballers You might not know Are Muslim by Fkforyou(m): 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
hrhobi1:

Khedira is half Tunisian half German. Father from Tunisia.
Just because he is half Tunisian doesn't automatically makes him a Muslim. Anyway I might be wrong about him being Jewish.

(1) (Reply)

Singer Adele Weight Loss Turns Topic Of Discussion On Social Media(photos). / Tee Billz Vs Tiwa Savage: Family Member Reveals Real Reason / Nigerian Teen Actress Reveals Why She Loves Doggy Sex Position Alot(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.