Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics (31677 Views)

Kaduna hospital in search of family of boy whose Mum died in accident (Graphic) / Baby Born Without Ear In A Nigerian Hospital Due To Use Of Contraceptives / Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by Richnero(m): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
This is unacceptable. That hospital needs to be shut down immediately and the doctor should have his licence taken away from him. How can they be toying with life so precious.

1 Like

Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by ghostmist: 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
No wonder BuBu ran away to London...He doesn't want to be mis-diagnosed

him never wan die grin grin
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by cliffypatt(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
priceaction:
What nonsense write up. You are neither helping the family of the girl nor the people reading the story by hiding the identity of the hospital. You can't expose the hospital and let people do the judging and let the people aware of their atrocities and probably be sanctioned. So what is the aim of the posting this? Who knows may be it was due to negligence of the parents on the poor girl ? I wish her quick recovery though, but for hiding the hospital name, that is stupid of the writer.

The writer is very stupid
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by delishpot: 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
Buhari is in London.This can never happen to him or his Zara. Change has come to stay.

I said it before, those chewing gum hospitals need to be investigated, and closed down. Those who make the cut, should be graded and fined if they carry out any duty outside their grades.
There are a thousand and one other such death chambers in Nigeria waiting to kill more Nigerians.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by clems88(m): 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
embarassed

Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by bigsmoke2(m): 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
I won't be quick to comment on this story. I've read all kind read all of rubbish written by cluless bloggers and wannabe journalist, who know nothing about medicine just because they needed traffic on their blog i will leave it to the appropriate body to investigate the matter and make and informed decision on who or what went wrong that lead to the amputation

1 Like

Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by Yemi7up: 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Standing5:
So will this justify Buhari's medical trips?
its a good justification. In all honest anyone in President's position and money will travel abroad for treatment.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by Trybes(m): 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
This is what I hate with many of these hospitals. Not diligent too much in hurry to give all sorts of injections. They want to be seen busy. Buffoons.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by snowblaq(f): 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
doctokwus:
Just curious though.
(1)If she was misdiagnosed,blood transfusion per se cannot be d cause of her losing that leg
(2)Somebody receives blood not necessarily because that person is SS,but because there has been a reduction in the blood parameters,eg blood percentage.
(3)Abuth shud be legally bound to make its own findings known,to get to the root of the matter.
(4)While wrong diagnoses is sometimes fatal,wrong blood transfusion itself will affect d whole individual,rather than a particular body part.
My assumption is this,that the unfortunate girl lost her leg because the transfusion was into a tissue,rather than a vein.Also no aseptic measures were adhered to.That is whoever tried securing an IV access was not competent enough to do so,aside poor aseptic standards and left d iv set in a tissue.The tissue continued swelling and became infected,while transfusion was ongoing,gangrene set in and there was no other choice left than amputation to save d girls life.
No matter what,somebody or somepeople not competent or qualified was allowed to carry out a procedure that ordinarily shud not be fatal.
The girl needs compensation and d personel involved sanctioned after d fuller details of what really happened from d home,Ist facility,back at home,and finally at ABUTH,is established.
.....well said

1 Like

Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
nelszx:
One thing I can deduce from this is:
1. The hospital operates with quacks (auxiliaries aka nurse mu-yi-wa) as no one was there to monitor till it got worse.
2. Quacks in their laboratory (SLT, microbiology or any other groups). A medical lab scientist knows how important a genotype or malaria test is and because of litigation will not fabricate results. The ABUTH MLS have confirmed the initial diagnosis came from a quack (who issues a HbSS to someone who isnt a sickler - quack)
3. They engage the services of CHEW as these people are neither doctors nor nurses nor scientists as their training doesn't provide them to carry out such clinical practices.

Many private hospitals because they don't want to pay real professionals put the lives of innocent people at the mercy of quacks all in the name of cheap labour.

I believe if proper investigation is carried out its either the doctor is a Quack or they operate with quack nurses (auxiliary). It's very certain whoever gave out that result was a quack (they should arrest that one first) and continue with others.

Please patients needs to know their rights always demand for qualified professionals before they touch you be it doctors, nurses, the Medical laboratory scientists, pharmacists etc. Quacks kill more than boko haram

It's high time the various councils (MDCN, MLSCN, NMCN, PCN etc) start doing their functions and not be there just to collect money for license renewals.

100% Correct.
Many private hospitals owned by doctors employ under qualified personnel as cheap labour to profit maximise at the expense of innocent patients - its sad, very sad!

1 Like

Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Too sad & bad. The hospital's licence must be withdrawn asap. Crazy hospital.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by noblet2(f): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
This is terrible.

That hospital should be shut down, and the doctors imprisoned for life.

Were the doctors high on weed or what?
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by kabawa(m): 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
Lagusta:

The man/woman running the workshop may not be a doctor, many CHEWs run clinics in the north

And they are no ChEwS in your shit hole

Bigot grin
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by abdulhamid0(m): 12:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thats the kind of doctors our schools produce these days.....imagine i went to a hospital with a relative of mine, after explaining the problem to the doc. the useless doctor just concluded he had cancer almost giving him heartattack..... so for that reason we went to other hospitals for test and they realized its just maleria.

1 Like

Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by babaireti(m): 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
This is bad! very very bad,my hearth bleeds for the little girl
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by Dr9ce(m): 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
nelszx:
One thing I can deduce from this is:
1. The hospital operates with quacks (auxiliaries aka nurse mu-yi-wa) as no one was there to monitor till it got worse.
2. Quacks in their laboratory (SLT, microbiology or any other groups). A medical lab scientist knows how important a genotype or malaria test is and because of litigation will not fabricate results. The ABUTH MLS have confirmed the initial diagnosis came from a quack (who issues a HbSS to someone who isnt a sickler - quack)
3. They engage the services of CHEW as these people are neither doctors nor nurses nor scientists as their training doesn't provide them to carry out such clinical practices.

Many private hospitals because they don't want to pay real professionals put the lives of innocent people at the mercy of quacks all in the name of cheap labour.

I believe if proper investigation is carried out its either the doctor is a Quack or they operate with quack nurses (auxiliary). It's very certain whoever gave out that result was a quack (they should arrest that one first) and continue with others.

Please patients needs to know their rights always demand for qualified professionals before they touch you be it doctors, nurses, the Medical laboratory scientists, pharmacists etc. Quacks kill more than boko haram

It's high time the various councils (MDCN, MLSCN, NMCN, PCN etc) start doing their functions and not be there just to collect money for license renewals.
GOOD POINTS, BUT DO YOU THINK A DEFINITIVE AND CORRECT DIAGNOSIS OF A PX GENOTYPE CAN BE MADE A FEW WEEKS AFTER BLOOD TRANSFUSION?
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by AbuadStudent(m): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
doctokwus:
Just curious though.
(1)If she was misdiagnosed,blood transfusion per se cannot be d cause of her losing that leg
(2)Somebody receives blood not necessarily because that person is SS,but because there has been a reduction in the blood parameters,eg blood percentage.
(3)Abuth shud be legally bound to make its own findings known,to get to the root of the matter.
(4)While wrong diagnoses is sometimes fatal,wrong blood transfusion itself will affect d whole individual,rather than a particular body part.
My assumption is this,that the unfortunate girl lost her leg because the transfusion was into a tissue,rather than a vein.Also no aseptic measures were adhered to.That is whoever tried securing an IV access was not competent enough to do so,aside poor aseptic standards and left d iv set in a tissue.The tissue continued swelling and became infected,while transfusion was ongoing,gangrene set in and there was no other choice left than amputation to save d girls life.
No matter what,somebody or somepeople not competent or qualified was allowed to carry out a procedure that ordinarily shud not be fatal.
The girl needs compensation and d personel involved sanctioned after d fuller details of what really happened from d home,Ist facility,back at home,and finally at ABUTH,is established.

you have spoken like a true medical personnel. i slightly disagree with point you made, i think the iv was actually into the vein which is why it didn't swell initially. but as you said, asepsis was not taken, so within the specified time, inflammation set in, causing the leg to swell, i'm thinking cellulitis, and since they didn't refer on time, the infection spread to the bone, causing gangrene..as you have rightly said. for them to make the decision to amputate the leg, means the damage done by the organism, most likely bacteria was near completion, and spreading was imminent. causing the decision to amputate.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by kaylex1994(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
E don red for u...so ur village witches follow u reach here
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by AbuadStudent(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
doctokwus:
Just curious though.
you have spoken like a true medical personnel. i slightly disagree with point you made, i think the iv was actually into the vein which is why it didn't swell initially. but as you said, asepsis was not taken, so within the specified time, inflammation set in, causing the leg to swell, i'm thinking cellulitis, and since they didn't refer on time, the infection spread to the bone, causing gangrene..as you have rightly said. for them to make the decision to amputate the leg, means the damage done by the organism, most likely bacteria was near completion, and spreading was imminent. causing the decision to amputate.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by doctokwus: 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
AbuadStudent:

i slightly disagree with point you made, i think the iv was actually into the vein
If it was into the vein,septicaemia wud av set in,and that girl wud probably not even be alive to be discussing what caused d leg amputation.
It was a localized infection.Yes,likely cellulities of affected limb-gangrene-amputation.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by ameh99: 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
Chaiiii what kind of doctors and haelth workers are we producing.....God help us grin
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by October1960: 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Of course it's Kaduna. Lagos hospital bad enough imagine Kaduna. They probably paid for the degree. Islamic degree in Medicine.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by madjune(m): 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
Believe me most Nigerian doctors are deadly.

I'm still suffering one.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by to9ine: 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
doctokwus:
Just curious though.
as my boss would say, 'u read ur books well'!
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
Standing5:
So will this justify Buhari's medical trips?
am sure you don't have a child cos if you have one you will no what it's means to the parents even though the little girl may not understand now
heartless individual

1 Like

Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by Larasisi(f): 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
I blame the parents how could they be in Zaria and not take her to Shika ABUTH to confirm her genotype? Parents for God's sake let's shun carelessness.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by nelszx: 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Dr9ce:
GOOD POINTS, BUT DO YOU THINK A DEFINITIVE AND CORRECT DIAGNOSIS OF A PX GENOTYPE CAN BE MADE A FEW WEEKS AFTER BLOOD TRANSFUSION?

Genotype doesn't change even weeks after transfusion (whatever you are born with, you stay that way). The things that change genotype are bone marrow transplant,mutation and cases of children (foetal Haemoglobin being replaced).
Blood group might change after multiple transfusion weeks after but genotype not possible. The only thing that can change genotype is mistake/error from wack lab (as in the case of this girl)
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by Lagusta(m): 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
kabawa:

And they are no ChEwS in your shit hole

Bigot grin

oga i'm not a bigot, i'm just stating the obvious.....

and you can NEVER see a CHEW running a clinic in lagos..... Ambode for don close am since.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by AbuadStudent(m): 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
doctokwus:

If it was into the vein,septicaemia wud av set in,and that girl wud probably not even be alive to be discussing what caused d leg amputation.
It was a localized infection.Yes,likely cellulities of affected limb-gangrene-amputation.

i understand, but maybe bacteria wasnt introduced into the vein, rather, the brief puncture site made by the needle could be the cause, it could be the tissue wound that was infected. and besides, it really could have been a saphenous cutdown, which involves extensive tissie damage.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by kabawa(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Lagusta:

oga i'm not a bigot, i'm just stating the obvious.....

and you can NEVER see a CHEW running a clinic in lagos..... Ambode for don close am since.

I guess you have never been to okok b4 grin
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by helpee(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
doctokwus:

that girl had a thrombophlebitis so it was into the vein. The fact that he is a sickler further predisposed the girl to vaso-occlusive crisis meaming blood flow to the affected limb could be further compromised leading to gangrene. Forget the recent genotype that was done. The patient is likely a sickler.
Re: Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics by glossy6(f): 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
nl doctors will soon come out and defend the hospital

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis / 91 Begin Quarantine As More Returnees Take Land Borders / Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.