Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice (24102 Views)

Fire Guts Shops In Ogba, Millions Of Naira Worth Of Goods Destroyed (Pics) / Delta Women Protest Over Shops In An Unusual Manner (Photo) / Fire Destroys 50 Shops In Watt Market, Calabar (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice by ivandragon: 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
mapet:

1. Why are you wasting my time with obfuscation? You reference a news that was refuted by Customs the very next day. I am sure you google-searched the link, The news you referenced was on October 8th 2016, yet on October 9th 2016 in the very same Vanguard newspaper the Customs refuted the earlier published news
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/rice-imports-remain-banned-land-borders-customs/

2. Why raid at 1p.m? Because the law permit them to raid at any time.

The Customs & Excise Management Act

3. Why can't rice section be cordoned off? The law did not prescribe that in the Act. The law says FORFEITURE. I would have imagined that the logical thing for you to do at this stage is to back your position with relevant aspect of the law. I need to know if my argument with you is from the point of law or from your opinions and conjectures

4. The Act provides for these traders or importers of these Rice to go to the Customs & Excise Board to show proof that they paid all dues. That is what the traders should do if they have proof. The very first question you should ask is, how many of these traders can show proof...virtually none. Why? Importing Rice is ILLEGAL

4. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/didnt-ban-importation-rice-fg/

importing rice is not illegal. I clearly stated in a previous post that dealers should do the needful.

3. so people who can search & detain cannot have an area cordoned off in the course of carrying out their duties right? OK oooo.

2. I have not disputed their right to raid at anytime of the day, what I clearly inferred was the opportunity for the traders to show evidence if any, of duties paid;

1. check no.4, & I admit my error for the link.

you keep dealing in absolutes. if the law was always applied in 'extremes in all cases' simply because the law states so, you would have chaos in the society.

anyway, let those who have proper documents do the needful...

I rest my case.
Re: Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice by sirlop(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
mapet:

You have moved from a position of crass ignorance to shifting the goal post. You first made a false assertion , you then justify smugglers' acts....now you bring in myriads of excuses that are out of context....... grin is it for the sake of argument
I gave instances not excuses. If u read what I wrote, you should have known what I meant
Re: Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice by MadeInSpain2015(m): 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
Customs is CORRUPT than KIDNAPERS....until Nigerians ppls ready to died for the futures of our youths... Oloribuku ppls...Ogun loma feje yin we...igbeyin ebi yi koni dara...Tuo Abala esu.

Re: Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice by Emycord: 5:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
me69:
why should Nigerians care abt iPod. You can go to...
biafraland you mean? Then lets have a referendum
Re: Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice by Emycord: 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
MadeInSpain2015:
Customs is CORRUPT than KIDNAPERS....until Nigerians ppls ready to died for the futures of our youths... Oloribuku ppls...Ogun loma feje yin we...igbeyin ebi yi koni dara...Tuo Abala esu.
so now you know customs is corrupt than kidnappers cos its yoruba goods and not ipob goods
Re: Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice by WizBLANCE(m): 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

So they should have gone there during the day and lead to lost of lives? Seem you don't know how deadly that area is..
must they go?
Re: Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice by WizBLANCE(m): 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
greenhulk:

1am not 4am
read down you will see 4am.
Re: Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:56am On Feb 24, 2017
WizBLANCE:

must they go?

LOL and what's their job?
Re: Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice by mapet: 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
ivandragon:

4. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/didnt-ban-importation-rice-fg/

importing rice is not illegal. I clearly stated in a previous post that dealers should do the needful.

3. so people who can search & detain cannot have an area cordoned off in the course of carrying out their duties right? OK oooo.

2. I have not disputed their right to raid at anytime of the day, what I clearly inferred was the opportunity for the traders to show evidence if any, of duties paid;

1. check no.4, & I admit my error for the link.

you keep dealing in absolutes. if the law was always applied in 'extremes in all cases' simply because the law states so, you would have chaos in the society.

anyway, let those who have proper documents do the needful...

I rest my case.

Ok. I also missed out to acknowledge that importation of Rice is banned only thru the land boarders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship / Seven Chinese Companies That Have Made It In Africa / Why Are Nigerians So Quick To Accept Inflation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.