Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

An Open Letter To My Ex Best Friend - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Open Letter To My Ex Best Friend (446 Views)

Woman Accuses Best Friend Of Stealing Husband’s joystick / Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / My Bride’s Best Friend (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To My Ex Best Friend by PenAStory: 7:41am On Feb 23, 2017
https://penastory.com/2017/02/13/letter-to-my-ex-best-friend-olumegbon-m-adenike/

“A bottle of fanta and a slice of sandwich please,” I went into Kaybeez, sat on our favourite chair and took our favourite order. I sat there reminiscing with every bite our moments.

We used to be the best of the best of friends, we did virtually everything together, I can remember we even use same d.p. I knew from the start that we won’t last but then something just kept telling me to keep pushing. We told each other things, we fought and laughed over dumb things. Hmm the late night chats, we stay up late saying nonsense and then we keep saying, “I love you” till one of us accepts defeat which we won’t without a fight. It was all I asked for, I wanted to be emotionally attached to someone without commitments and I got that.

We went on until Bimpe came, she agreed to your reconciliation and then I became your sofa- my duty is just to sit and wait for you while you go and flex and enjoy. I was just in the picture doing nothing. I felt it was high time I left the picture because I can’t keep hanging around waiting for you and Bimpe to have issues again, it won’t do either of us any good. You felt I was just being selfish and desperate, I felt you were just using me as a tool of amusement when you and Bimpe have issues. So we both decided to stop pushing and we are just memories, at least it’s a nice one.

So now I’m sitting alone. There’s me and there’s a you , the “us” is dead. RIP to our “us”. Oops, I’ve exhausted my break, I wish you were here to finish up my sandwich for me. Adios friend, I wish we crossed over to 2017 as “us ” not “me ” and “you”.

To my ex-best friend

Dayo.

Source: PenAStory - www.penastory.com

(1) (Reply)

I've Joined The Fight With My Story -- Must Read Nairalanders / Lessons On How To Use Hook - Thursdays / Nigerian Author Celebrates Lucrative Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.