Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why Christians Should Reconsider The Qur'an With Care - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Should Reconsider The Qur'an With Care (411 Views)

5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians Should Reconsider The Qur'an With Care by Abdulgaffar22: 9:20am On Feb 23, 2017
If the Christians believe that the original author of Qur’an is not God, then they must believe its author to be a great liar and impersonator who spoke in the name and personality of God. The reason is that Qur’an contains many verses which appear to be coming directly from God’s mouth. Example of such verses are; “O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone(Qur’an 2:40-41)”. And that was Our proof which We gave to Abraham against his people. We raise whom We will in degrees. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob, each of them We guided. And before him We guided Noah, and among his progeny David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good doers. And Zachariah, and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha, and Jonah and Lot; each one of them We preferred above the nations. And also some of their fathers, and their progeny and their brethren, We chose them, and We guided them to a straight path. This is the guidance of God with which He guides whomsoever He wills of His servants. But if they had joined in worship others with God, all their deeds would have been of no benefit to them. They are whom We gave the book, and authority and prophet hood…They are those whom God had guided. So follow their guidance (Qur’an 6:84-90). You can see that the first person pronouns like “I”, “My”, “Me”, “Our” and “We” in these verses can never be referred to any other person except God. Therefore, anybody who denies the Qur’an as the word of God must compulsorily believe its author to be a great impersonator of God. Yet any sane person that just makes up his mind to impersonate God and deliberately lie against Him must have been enticed and misled by Satan. But how could Satan have enticed and misled a person to guide the idol-worshippers in the ancient Mecca to the idea of believing in one God and all biblical prophets including Moses and Jesus Christ (peace be upon them)? If it is generally agreed that Satan is evil and promote disobedience to God’s commandment, whereas Qur’an is full of warning against idolatry and all other evil practices, how can the two be reconciled? To hold such a view is repugnant to reason, as Satan would only have undermined himself and his objectives by furthering the cause of God. Even the Bible attests to this fact: And if Satan has risen up against himself and his divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end (Mark 3:26). Do you think the God of truth and wisdom would allow Satan or any deliberate liar to impersonate Him and then also allow such impersonator to praise all the Biblical prophets in the way the author of Qur’an has done? Again, how could God have left such a great liar and impersonator to survive for good twenty-three years and also allow his book to be protected from destruction since one thousand four hundred and thirty years ago till today? The reason why God permit the other religions like Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Confucianism, Sikhism etc and their scriptures to exist is because their founders only stood out as spiritual teachers. They never claim that their scriptures came from God of Israel. Their scriptures do not contain words which appear to be COMING DIRECTLY FROM GOD’S MOUTH OF ISRAEL. But Qur’an is totally different. Qur’an contains many verses which appear to be coming directly from God’s mouth of Israel. Examples are quoted above. So Qur’an is unique in its claim as being the word of God. Therefore, to believe that Qur’an is not authored by God create more problems for the Jews and the Christians than it really solves! They have to explain why God would allow a liar to impersonate him for good 23 years and also allow his book to be protected from destruction since 1430 years ago till today. Yet, God did not allow Hananiah, who also lied against Him, to even live for just a year (Jeremiah 28:1-17). If God Almighty could allow any deliberate liar to impersonate Him perfectly and also allow the word of such impersonator to be protected from destruction since 1,430 years ago till today, then on what basis could any rational person distinguish such fake word of God from true word of God? Obviously, there would be no any difference between the two. God may allow anybody to write or speak about Him as you may also allow your friend to write or speak about you. But if you as a truthful person would never allow your friend- talk less of your enemy- to impersonate you in order to deceive some innocent people, then why do you think the God of truth and wisdom would allow such a thing to happen to Him especially when God declare as follows; How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield My glory to another (Isaiah 48:11). What kind of defamation is greater than God to allow a deliberate liar to impersonate Him? Has God not yielded His glory to another if He allowed a deliberate liar to impersonate Him and also allow such impersonator to praise all the Biblical prophets in the way the author of Quran has done and then still allow the word of such impersonator to be safe-guarded from destruction as prophesied in Qur’an 15:9 as follows: Surely, We have revealed the reminder and We will most surely be its guardian. In fact, God deliberately spare the life of His prophet till concluding verse of his mission was revealed to him where God Almighty declare as follows: This day, I have perfected your religion for you, and I have completed My favor upon you, and I have chosen for you Islam as your religion(Qur’an 5:3). If the prophet was a great impersonator and great liar against God, then why would God have to wait for 23 years till this concluding verse of his mission was fabricated in His name? If God would allow a liar to impersonate Him, then He should have clearly informed us in the Bible just like Jesus informed us about his own impersonation: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, saying ‘ I am the Christ’, and will deceive many(Matthew 24:4-5)”.See how Jesus declared in an unambiguous terms that many liars would impersonate him. But you can never find a SINGLE BIBLICAL VERSE where God categorically inform us that a great liar is going to impersonate Him. If God of truth and wisdom would also allow a liar to impersonate Him, He should also have informed us in a very precise term just like Jesus did. But instead of pre-informing us about His impersonation by a great liar, God only informed us about “a prophet like Moses” which God would put His words in his mouth; I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in My name, I Myself will call him into account. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die. And if you say in your heart; How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken? When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is the word the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:18-22). Base on these very verses, what then can we say about the Qur’an whose author spoke in the name of the Lord of Israel as shown in the verses quoted above? Are we going to accept it as the word of the Lord of Israel or reject it as the word of a great impersonator? In the verses of the book of Deuteronomy qouted above, the only acid test put forward by God to distinguish His actual word from the word of His impersonator is that the word of such impersonator would not come to pass or come true. But Qur’an contains many words of prophecy which have come to pass and come true. For example, one of the great prophecies is that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will be victorious over his enemies (Qur’an 58:20-21). Another prophecy is that Islam will be established and continue to spread, and the number of Muslims will continue to grow (Qur’an 24:55, 110:1-2, 48:28). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be protected from destruction and corruption (Qur’an 15:9). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be made easy for memorization (Qur’an 54:17, 22, 40). Another prophecy is that people will continue to pay visitation to the house of God in Mecca (Qur’an 22:26-28, 2:125). All these prophecies are known to be true. If they were not true, we would not have a religion known as Islam and we would not have a book known as Qur’an at this present time. All these prophecies are general ones known to all. However, there are some special miraculous prophecies in the Qur’an that God bestows upon whomsoever He wills among His servants. In fact, it happened that I personally experienced one of these miraculous prophecies; for whosoever care to believe me. I swear by God that this incident happened to me many years before I later discovered that Qur’an specifically made mention of it in a very clear and definite terms. As a matter of fact, it was among so many things that motivated me to write this very write-up you are holding in your hand. As usual, I was just reciting the Qur’an on that fateful day. When I got to a verse which I could not vividly remember, suddenly, my body began to be shaking. This act of shaking, which lasted for almost a minute, was so strong to the extent that the Qur’an I was holding fell out of my hand. When this act of shaking stopped, my heart began to beat faster and all my skin felt cool. It was after many years, when I was reading the translated Qur’an that I came across the verse that read thus; God has sent down the best statement, a book that its parts resemble each other in goodness and truth, oft-repeated. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it. Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of God. That is the guidance of God. He guides therewith whom He pleases and whomever God sends astray, for him there is no guide (Qur’an 39:23). In fact, I could not believe my two eyes when I saw this verse. I was so happy but at the same time, I wanted to be sure that the word translated as “shiver” in the English translation of Holy Qur’an actually corresponds to the original Arabic word. This Arabic word is “taqsha’irru. So I quickly searched for Arabic-English dictionary and I later discover that the word can be translated as “shake or shiver or tremble or quake”. This is how that very incident strengthens my faith in Holy Qur’an as the word of God. My faith still increases further when I came across another verse which says; We will show them Our signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this Qur’an is the truth (Qur’an 41:53). Therefore, according to those verses in the book of Deuteronomy quoted above, Qur’an is the last and final word of God because of its speaking in the name of God and the fulfillment of its general and special miraculous prophecies. But If you think that I am only lying about my own personal experience I narrated above and that the author of Qur’an was only impersonating God, then wait for the day you are going to die and meet the reality of this very verse; And whoever will not listen to my words that the prophet shall speak in My name, I Myself will call him into account (Deuteronomy 18:19). If it was according to the divine plan that the author of Qur’an would be a great impersonator of God, then Bible should be full of warning and information about this impersonator. But instead of warning us and pre-informing us about the so-called liar that is going to impersonate Him just like Jesus talked about his own impersonators in Matthew 24:4-5 (quoted above), God only demonstrated to us through His dealing with Hananiah (the false prophet who spoke in the name of God in the Bible) that He would never allow such a thing to happen ; Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, ‘Listen, Hananiah! The Lord has not sent you, yet you have persuaded this nation to trust in lies. Therefore this what the Lord says: I am about to remove you from the face of the earth. This very year you are going to die, because you have preached rebellion against the Lord. In the seventh month of that same year, Hananiah the prophet died (Jeremiah 28:15-17).

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Reconsider The Qur'an With Care by dalaman: 9:41am On Feb 23, 2017
What is this?

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Reconsider The Qur'an With Care by annunaki2(m): 11:08am On Feb 23, 2017
There is nothing to reconsider in that satanic piece of thrash. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Reconsider The Qur'an With Care by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
Do you know one thing that makes Islam false ?? They will tell you Jesus is one of God's prophet who had no sin. In the Bible, Jesus was worshiped and He said "I and My Father are one" .. He was actually saying He was God. Also, Jesus is known as The Word and the Bible says The Word was God. So my muslim brothers, Jesus is a prophet to you and God to us Christians.

Doesn't He become a false prophet to you if He said He was God and even received worship ??
Re: Why Christians Should Reconsider The Qur'an With Care by Blackfire(m): 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
yet my friend when the Jews in Arabia saw the lies in Muhammad and his barbaric lifestyle and they rejected him..
guess what he and his Allah did, called them dogs and pigs, ask Muhammad not to pray to wards Jerusalem, but to face kaabbah , a house 300+ gods.

guess what again he and his Allah decimated the Jews with tears sorrows and blood, including the Christians.

I hope u know that a Muslim need to throw a Christian of the siriak bridge to get to al jannah.

why is your Allah so filled with rage against Christian s and Jews

my name is black fire.
Re: Why Christians Should Reconsider The Qur'an With Care by Splinz(m): 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Does it matter at all for Christians to consider your Qur'an We have our Bible you know, and in it is contained all that is needed to instruct us in all righteousness.

So, there's no need for this unnecessary solicitation. Read your Qur'an and I'd read my Bible.

(1) (Reply)

Miracle JOB Banquet / Prayers For Ile-ife: Yoruba And Hausa Clash / I'm A Redeemer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.