Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

naija Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / naija Culture (936 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor / Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

naija Culture by Bletherer: 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: naija Culture by Eke40seven(m): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
Bletherer:
Please people help me understand something.
I am not familiar with the culture.

I married a man from Anambra state. I am from rivers state but spent all my life in Lagos. My husband is 5 years older than me.

The other woman married into the family a year before me (I was already in my husbands life at the time and attended the wedding abroad) to the younger son.
She is about 2 years older than me but there appears to be a major seniority complex on her part. Every interaction is laced with undertones of her trying to undermine me with her double standards.
I am generally a quiet person..so I tend to ignore this for peace! For example when she tries to 'send me message' in front of the family including my husband...rather than retort negatively I ignore it and don't respond.
But its starting to annoy me, mainly cause its so disrespectful to my husband who is also generally quiet. I am also the eldest born child in my family and have never tried to speak to my younger siblings the way she tries to speak to me.

It seems like she tries to pick a fight every time from the beginning.
A don taya.

And yes she is from Igboland!

I need wise biblical advice please.
Me I want peace but I am also not anyone's fool!

Many thanks for the constructive comments in advance!
Talk to your husband about it and he would discuss it with his brother and he of course would pass it down to the wife.
Re: naija Culture by nengibo: 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
@Bletherer
Yea, this happens in most igbo families when the new wife is an outsider(not a member of the tribe), the lady might go as far as to conspire with the other female members of the family against you, but as long as your husband respects you wen in public and puts her in her place wen she speaks rudely to you, it will stop.
Re: naija Culture by bigfrancis21: 6:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
Bletherer:
Please people help me understand something.
I am not familiar with the culture.

I married a man from Anambra state. I am from rivers state but spent all my life in Lagos. My husband is 5 years older than me.

The other woman married into the family a year before me (I was already in my husbands life at the time and attended the wedding abroad) to the younger son.
She is about 2 years older than me but there appears to be a major seniority complex on her part. Every interaction is laced with undertones of her trying to undermine me with her double standards.
I am generally a quiet person..so I tend to ignore this for peace! For example when she tries to 'send me message' in front of the family including my husband...rather than retort negatively I ignore it and don't respond.
But its starting to annoy me, mainly cause its so disrespectful to my husband who is also generally quiet. I am also the eldest born child in my family and have never tried to speak to my younger siblings the way she tries to speak to me.

It seems like she tries to pick a fight every time from the beginning.
A don taya.

And yes she is from Igboland!

I need wise biblical advice please.
Me I want peace but I am also not anyone's fool!

Many thanks for the constructive comments in advance!

What side of Rivers state are you from?
Re: naija Culture by Bletherer: 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: naija Culture by Bletherer: 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
Vv
Re: naija Culture by Bletherer: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
-----------

(1) (Reply)

My Ghanaian Friend Said He Does Not Associate With Ghana / Myths You Never Knew About January That'll Amaze You(Must Read) / Ooni Proclaimed Bahia, As The Headquarters Of Yorùbá In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.