Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 (9231 Views)

Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / Report Your BMW To Mayor / Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 24, 2017
all this cars thought to be exclusive have started making too much of models.
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by Aliku: 8:20am On Feb 24, 2017
Most people talking about Mercedes have no idea or any experience of owning or driving a Bimmer. Mercedes Benz and BMW of the same class (power, torque, weight etc) can't stand the outright performance of a BMW in any conditions whatsoever.

MB are Classical cars but BM's performance would win the day!

I've owned both cars and the differences are very clear.

2 Likes

Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by chccho(m): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:
Does this idea make any sense? Seems like desperate measures to me. What happened to deploying and promoting one model per year? All auto giants do that.
BMW is about to just become 'pure-water', a mistake Mercedes wouldn't make.
Are u more sensible than the entire bmw corporation?

2 Likes

Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by SmartMugu: 8:23am On Feb 24, 2017
kulikuli45:

Then you don't know anything about mercedes.
Have you ever owned a Mercedes? I've had 3 within the last 5 years and my current one is C300 4Matic. Tell me which one you have had.

1 Like

Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by SmartMugu: 8:36am On Feb 24, 2017
chccho:

Are u more sensible than the entire bmw corporation?
Forget all that corporation talk. Corporations make mistakes, the final decision comes from individuals like me and you within these corporations and the shareholders bear the potential losses.
It's just common sense to have one model out, give it all the promotion it deserves then promote the others. Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, Ford etc leverage same marketing concept. Each of them have many cars in production but choose not to let them out at once.
I can talk about this because I have attended several auto shows in Detroit, Michigan since the past 8 years. Several cars have been built that aren't on the roads yet. Auto-makers decide what years they want to sell those cars to the public. However, visitors to the auto shows have seen the cars before anyone bought them. So, I have seen and explored various cars in auto shows before they're sold to the public.
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by Aliku: 8:39am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:

Have you ever owned a Mercedes? I've had 3 within the last 5 years and my current one is C300 4Matic. Tell me which one you have had.

Guy: driving a BMW 335i or 335d would make you hate a C400. The C-Class I respect and know can compete with good performance is the C63 AMG, but it still can't stand the BMW 340i.

2 Likes

Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by SmartMugu: 8:48am On Feb 24, 2017
Aliku:

Guy: driving a BMW 335i or 335d would make you hate a C400. The C-Class I respect and know can compete with good performance is the C63 AMG, but it still can't stand the BMW 340i.
Never owned BMW, I never liked the interior from those my friends own or those I have test-driven. I'm just a huge Mercedes fan. So, you may prefer BMW from your experience with their cars. Benz is just my preference.
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by chccho(m): 9:11am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:

Forget all that corporation talk. Corporations make mistakes, the final decision comes from individuals like me and you within these corporations and the shareholders bear the potential losses.
It's just common sense to have one model out, give it all the promotion it deserves then promote the others. Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, Ford etc leverage same marketing concept. Each of them have many cars in production but choose not to let them out at once.
I can talk about this because I have attended several auto shows in Detroit, Michigan since the past 8 years. Several cars have been built that aren't on the roads yet. Auto-makers decide what years they want to sell those cars to the public. However, visitors to the auto shows have seen the cars before anyone bought them. So, I have seen and explored various cars in auto shows before they're sold to the public.
Clap for yourself for seeing all these cars and attending auto shows (Good luck to u).
Bmw is over 50yrs old and u think it's based on your common sense or opinion from attending auto shows that has sustained them for over 50yrs and even place them as one of the top auto makers in the world?
If u read the topic it says they will be deploying these models btw now and 2021 which is 5yrs from now.
Pls is that too much in a tech world that is moving at lightvspeed ? How many trims & models of cars do Benz,Toyota,audi,Porsche and co have now and still rolling out?
If it doesn't make sense to u that's just your opinion sir,not the opinion of BMWs Mgt

1 Like

Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by chccho(m): 9:13am On Feb 24, 2017
Vorpal:
They should at least put manual gears in some of their models.

Imagine the beast of an engine with a manual gear, the experience will be bliss.
I concur
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by Aliku: 9:38am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:

Never owned BMW, I never liked the interior from those my friends own or those I have test-driven. I'm just a huge Mercedes fan. So, you may prefer BMW from your experience with their cars. Benz is just my preference.

yea, it all boils back to choice and experience. you know some pple post based on reputation, not experience. d C300 is definitely an elegant car with styling and superb engine. any C-Class below C300 is not for me: I love d AMGs, quite sporty and aggressive. Kudos to C63AMG Black edition!

I'm a Bimmer fan for life!
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by adegeye38(m): 9:45am On Feb 24, 2017
BMW is d leading luxury car manufacturer in the world
#Fact
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by SmartMugu: 9:50am On Feb 24, 2017
chccho:

Clap for yourself for seeing all these cars and attending auto shows (Good luck to u).
Bmw is over 50yrs old and u think it's based on your common sense or opinion from attending auto shows that has sustained them for over 50yrs and even place them as one of the top auto makers in the world?
If u read the topic it says they will be deploying these models btw now and 2021 which is 5yrs from now.
Pls is that too much in a tech world that is moving at lightvspeed ? How many trims & models of cars do Benz,Toyota,audi,Porsche and co have now and still rolling out?
If it doesn't make sense to u that's just your opinion sir,not the opinion of BMWs Mgt
First at the boldened, I actually lived in Detroit for over six years before moving to ATL 7 years ago. Visiting autoshows there is really no big deal. You can be a part of it if you want. http://naias.com/about/overview/

I read the BMW road map, my focus was on the number of models deployed per year.
Simple analogy. You are blessed and talented to create several versions of a certain item that the public would rush as soon as you create them. You have multiple options available to you - one is to make them all at once and let the public struggle to get whichever they prefer, implying those that purchased the one you created earlier in the year will end up with an older version by the time you release the next. A second option is to release one version, promote it, get as many customers as possible to love it and then release the next after making all profits from the first rush.
Most customers that purchased your first item will end up being repeat customers and are likely to purchase your next item, since they're satisfied with the first. In my opinion, second option is the perfect marketing strategy.
If sales is actually driven by how many models of cars manufacturers come up with every year, some can release up to 20 models per year. Rather, the best business approach is to keep the potential buyers in suspense and longing for the next.

Car manufacturers move their future cars around all the time in the US, everyone sees them on their trucks, but they are all covered up. No one knows how they look until they are ready for the market. What does that do? It leaves the public in suspense and ready it. That's how marketing works, not by just dumping multiple products out at once.

If I had purchased BMW stocks, I'd sell them right away. Why? One of the business risks auto-makers are susceptible to are recalls. It's a legal right of every vehicle owner in the US to be notified of mass defects in any vehicle. Defects could include any issues that could translate to a lawsuit from the public - like non-deploying airbags, unexpected electrical problems, engine problems etc. By law in the US, all car owners must be notified whenever multiple occurrences of this are observed, and recall notices are sent to everyone to take their vehicles back to the closest dealership to get the defects fixed.

How will that affect BMW? Deploying 4 models of cars a year would mean they are susceptible to multiple recalls in case any defect is observed. Failure to comply would lead to lawsuits.

I have had at least 3 recall notices within the last one year. Though I never had any issue with the car itself, but they had already been observed by other owners and it's considered risks to public safety. So, that means the automaker had to fix it free of charge all three times I went back to the dealership with the recall notices. Not just for me, but everyone in the US that owns the same make and model, which translates to loss for them. Imagine BMW dealing with that on multiple models they decided to release per year.
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by SmartMugu: 10:08am On Feb 24, 2017
Aliku:

yea, it all boils back to choice and experience. you know some pple post based on reputation, not experience. d C300 is definitely an elegant car with styling and superb engine. any C-Class below C300 is not for me: I love d AMGs, quite sporty and aggressive. Kudos to C63AMG Black edition!

I'm a Bimmer fan for life!
Yeah, I love the AMGs too, I think my next will be E350. I never bought a bimmer, I have driven a few owned by friends, but just never cared about the interiors except one that had a refrigerator in the middle of the rear seat. I thought that was cool. Can't remember what model that is cos I really don't follow BMW trends. May be I should start exploring them. The interior in their salon cars just don't look appealing to me. May be I'd prefer the trucks - like X6 and the likes.
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by 100Cents: 10:16am On Feb 24, 2017
hobermener:
Mercedes remains the cream of the crop. If una like make una release 500 new models grin

Mercedes that steals from BMW and Maybach..

The new Mercedes GLE series. isn't it a steal from BMW X6 ?
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by swagifted(m): 11:37am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:
Does this idea make any sense? Seems like desperate measures to me. What happened to deploying and promoting one model per year? All auto giants do that.
BMW is about to just become 'pure-water', a mistake Mercedes wouldn't make.
if you dull, the chinese will kill your market.
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by chccho(m): 11:48am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:

First at the boldened, I actually lived in Detroit for over six years before moving to ATL 7 years ago. Visiting autoshows there is really no big deal. You can be a part of it if you want. http://naias.com/about/overview/

I read the BMW road map, my focus was on the number of models deployed per year.
Simple analogy. You are blessed and talented to create several versions of a certain item that the public would rush as soon as you create them. You have multiple options available to you - one is to make them all at once and let the public struggle to get whichever they prefer, implying those that purchased the one you created earlier in the year will end up with an older version by the time you release the next. A second option is to release one version, promote it, get as many customers as possible to love it and then release the next after making all profits from the first rush.
Most customers that purchased your first item will end up being repeat customers and are likely to purchase your next item, since they're satisfied with the first. In my opinion, second option is the perfect marketing strategy.
If sales is actually driven by how many models of cars manufacturers come up with every year, some can release up to 20 models per year. Rather, the best business approach is to keep the potential buyers in suspense and longing for the next.

Car manufacturers move their future cars around all the time in the US, everyone sees them on their trucks, but they are all covered up. No one knows how they look until they are ready for the market. What does that do? It leaves the public in suspense and ready it. That's how marketing works, not by just dumping multiple products out at once.

If I had purchased BMW stocks, I'd sell them right away. Why? One of the business risks auto-makers are susceptible to are recalls. It's a legal right of every vehicle owner in the US to be notified of mass defects in any vehicle. Defects could include any issues that could translate to a lawsuit from the public - like non-deploying airbags, unexpected electrical problems, engine problems etc. By law in the US, all car owners must be notified whenever multiple occurrences of this are observed, and recall notices are sent to everyone to take their vehicles back to the closest dealership to get the defects fixed.

How will that affect BMW? Deploying 4 models of cars a year would mean they are susceptible to multiple recalls in case any defect is observed. Failure to comply would lead to lawsuits.

I have had at least 3 recall notices within the last one year. Though I never had any issue with the car itself, but they had already been observed by other owners and it's considered risks to public safety. So, that means the automaker had to fix it free of charge all three times I went back to the dealership with the recall notices. Not just for me, but everyone in the US that owns the same make and model, which translates to loss for them. Imagine BMW dealing with that on multiple models they decided to release per year.

Well I won't totally disregard your opinion,but u should realize that we now live in the tech age (the future) hence the need to provide customers with as much options,innovations & advanced tech as possible otherwise your competitors will do.Bmw being a top auto maker cannot afford to sit back and watch the likes of Kia overtake them. They have to stay relevant by keeping up the pace.How do u expect them to stay relevant in an environment where cars are already about to start flying in Dubai? The world is moving at light speed and so every top auto maker should.The mere fact that Mercedes Benz hasn't announced how many new models will be deployed in the nearest future doesn't mean they don't have a lot going on in the pipeline..My bro u are smart but BMW is smarter and sees further.

FYI I started touring the US since the early 90s so u don't have to invite me to an auto show.Thank u
Re: BMW To Deploy 28 New Models By 2021 by siralabai(m): 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
No M6?! I really love the M6, the design coupled with performance. I don't know why BMW is not doing an upgrade

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? / 5 Thing You Should Know About Your Car Airbag / Why Mechanics Hate 2003-2007 Corrolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.