Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them (33723 Views)

Top 5 Causes Of Business Failure And How To Avoid Them / Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. / 16 Reasons Why Many Businesses Fail And How To Avoid Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by golor(m): 10:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
What then is the use of CCTV placed close to ATM? If they succeed , all you need to do is to complain to the bank, why they use their CCTV to catch the thief.
Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by sandraanakebe(f): 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Afo ukwa, isi aki...MGBADA

BabylonCruise:

AFO ANU.....are you sure you are ready to battle words with me....just be ready for nightmare. EWU....with capital letter.
Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by Iseoluwani: 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Only a thief will know the ways of thieves

Note :i never said the op was a thief
Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
The first does not even make any sense. What if my pin is 2112. Numerous numbers read the same way either from the first digit or the last.
Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by Koolking(m): 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
Op, there was nothing new and intriguing in all what you mentioned up there.

You don't need to be IT savvy to understand all the above points. I was expecting to read how to send a penniless transfer to a criminal account's who pointed a gun at your head at ATM point.

Most criminals in Lagos, especially one chance armed robbers move about with POS machines. We need realistic solutions to commonly realistic situations
Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by LegalBaby(f): 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
and you had to quote everything to say that?
sandraanakebe:
Thank you op....Its been noted

1 Like

Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by sandraanakebe(f): 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
Yes tongue
LegalBaby:
and you had to quote everything to say that?
Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by LegalBaby(f): 10:37pm On Feb 23, 2017

6 Likes

Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by fkj950ax(m): 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Op, you left the most common.

Board a Danfo with 5 "passengers" who pull a gun on you, collect your ATM card, your PIN and bank registered phone for alert.

One drops at bank with your ATM, others hold you hostage and keep driving around.

Fake pin and the guy who dropped at ATM calls others to beat it out of you.

5mins later, the alerts start coming and you just start crying.

When alert stops, you get to be pushed out of a moving bus.
Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by Ramaa(m): 4:04am On Feb 24, 2017
The world is not safe anymore
Scammers everywhere......
Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by fatemmy(f): 5:27am On Feb 24, 2017
I've been seeing ATM machine in people's comments,please do you guys mean Automated Teller Machine machine...

1 Like

Re: Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them by BabylonCruise(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
sandraanakebe:
Afo ukwa, isi aki...MGBADA
Trouble dey sleep......inyanga dey wake am. Sandra...Sandra....Sandra. how many times did I call u?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo) / We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN / Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.