Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,748 members, 7,955,859 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:14 PM

Jay-z Becomes First Rapper To Be Inducted In The Songwriters Hall Of Fame - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jay-z Becomes First Rapper To Be Inducted In The Songwriters Hall Of Fame (796 Views)

Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? / Aramide Gets Emotional As She’s Set To Be Inducted Into Grammys Governing Board / Fresh kid: Minister Tells 7-year-old Rapper To Go Back To School Or Get Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jay-z Becomes First Rapper To Be Inducted In The Songwriters Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
American rapper and businessman, Shawn Corey Carter aka Jay-Z is now officially the first rapper ever to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame .

No rapper has ever made the cut before, not even Eminem.

Only a handful of artists who are considered to have "enriched the world's culture" with their songwriting and music are selected for induction into the American songwriters hall of fame very year.

Jay Z, who holds the record for a solo artist with 21 No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200, commented on his songwriting honor in a tweet.

"This is a win for us. I remember when rap was said to be a fad. We are now alongside some of the greatest writers in history,".

Jay Z will be inducted as part of the hall's class of 2017 alongside Max Martin (who has written songs for Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ariana Grande), Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis (the duo have written and produced number one singles for Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey and Usher, among many others).

The ceremony will take place on June 15 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Manhattan.

http://listwand.com/2017/02/jay-z-to-become-the-first-ever-rapper-inducted-in-the-songwriters-hall-of-fame/

Re: Jay-z Becomes First Rapper To Be Inducted In The Songwriters Hall Of Fame by Gurumaharaji(m): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
This guy keep prospering in every way even family wise and some people are saying is illuminati.....Abeg ,how I go take join in order to succeed in my whistle blowing ??

2 Likes

Re: Jay-z Becomes First Rapper To Be Inducted In The Songwriters Hall Of Fame by PMPhoenix(m): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
But Em is a better songwriter naw
Re: Jay-z Becomes First Rapper To Be Inducted In The Songwriters Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
PMPhoenix:
But Em is a better songwriter naw
I'm glad someone else thinks so.
Re: Jay-z Becomes First Rapper To Be Inducted In The Songwriters Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Gurumaharaji:
This guy keep prospering in every way even family wise and some people are saying is illuminati.....Abeg ,how I go take join in order to succeed in my whistle blowing ??
Abeg I dey your side OK. in case you meet anyone you scared to blow the whistle on, just holla at be.. I go blow the thing with the whole nerves way dey my mouth... later me and you go split the money 50/50
Re: Jay-z Becomes First Rapper To Be Inducted In The Songwriters Hall Of Fame by TwerkingSquirrel(m): 1:40am On Feb 24, 2017
grin Jigga!!!!! Jay-Hova!!!! He just achieved some kinda Holy grail shii right there!!!!
But, I am a STAN!!! Eminem is far above Jigga...but He can't be inducted there cos he's crude, that's him!!!
Re: Jay-z Becomes First Rapper To Be Inducted In The Songwriters Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 24, 2017
TwerkingSquirrel:
grin Jigga!!!!! Jay-Hova!!!! He just achieved some kinda Holy grail shii right there!!!!
But, I am a STAN!!! Eminem is far above Jigga...but He can't be inducted there cos he's crude, that's him!!!
True talk

(1) (Reply)

Topless Protester, Disrupts Press Conference, Brands Female Politician 'fake'... / Wow !!!!! Check Out This Amazing Picture Of Abuja Based Oap Cynthia / Throwback Pictures Of Doctor Sid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.