Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,204 members, 7,845,984 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Man Kills Friend Over Pure Water - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills Friend Over Pure Water (749 Views)

Man Stabs Friend Over 200 Naira Burial Levy In Onitsha...(graphic Pictures) / Trader Kills Friend Over N5,000 Electricity Bill (pictured) / Picture Of 33-yr-old Truck Driver Who Kills Friend Over Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Friend Over Pure Water by AloyEmeka6: 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
Lagos: Man kills friend over N50 sachet water
By CHRISTOPHER OJI

Thursday, December 10, 2009
A man, who was arrested for allegedly killing his friend over N50, has narrated the incident which resulted in the death of the victim.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/dec/10/513.html

Seyi Olaiya, who is being interrogated at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos, told Daily Sun that it was not his intention to kill his bosom friend, Usman Yaya.

He explained that fateful day, He narrated how he bought some fruits for himself, his fiancée and the victim before the tragic incident.

He explained that as they were eating the fruits, he gave Yaya N50, to buy sachet water to wash their hands after taking the fruits.

According to him, he expected Yaya to buy the water but he did not. He said when he finally saw him and inquired why he did not buy the water, he told him he used the money to buy cannabis, otherwise known as Indian hemp. He said: “Instead of giving me genuine excuse, he told me he used the money to buy Indian hemp.”

He confessed that he became angry over the reply and asked him to either, refund the money or give him the water he asked him to buy.

“Instead of being remorseful, he started challenging me to a brawl. As I made an attempt to fight him, he started running and I gave him a hot chase. As he was running, he hit his leg on a stone and fell and in the process, hit his head on a pavement,” he said.

According to him, Yaya sustained serious injuries on his head and was rushed to a hospital, where he went into coma before he died.

Olaiya, who wept profusely as he narrated the incident further said: “My brother, you can see that I did not mean to kill him. I was only trying to correct him. My brother, is it not contradictory that I would fight my guests, after buying fruits to entertain them”? A police source confirmed that Olaiya did not mean to kill his friend. He said what he found out was that when the deceased found out that he was too weak to withstand Olaiya, he took to his heels . “But instead of allowing him to go, Olaiya chased him until he fell and hit his head on a pavement,” he said.

He said policemen were still investigating the case to ascertain the allegation that even after the victim fell, Olaiya still tortured him.

The Lagos State police spokesman, Mr. Frank Mba, said the corpse had been deposited in a public morgue for autopsy. He disclosed that the result of the autopsy later indicated that he died from the injuries he sustained from physical combat with Olaiya. He said the suspect would be charged to court after investigation.
Re: Man Kills Friend Over Pure Water by donjon: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2009
Poverty
Re: Man Kills Friend Over Pure Water by tanimz(f): 3:11am On Dec 11, 2009
See as little things end up in grave consequences. I feel bad for the dead man. If they ask his family the cause of the death theyld say it was pure water. What a shame!! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Man Kills Friend Over Pure Water by mccloud224(m): 6:11am On Dec 16, 2009
And the deaths keep getting weirder.The other day, it was because of leftover ogogoro.Today it's pure water.

What a country! cry

(1) (Reply)

Crime / Nigeria Religious Riot Bodies Found In Village Wells / Constable To Pay N10m Damages For Shooting Bus Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.