Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Beautiful Calabar In Pictures - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures (121523 Views)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures / The Beautiful Calabar Marina! Add To Your List Of Places To Visit This Year. / Banana Island In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 1:35am On Dec 22, 2009
Will this poster please show us pictures of calabar south.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Keegan: 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2010
I am so curious about a very beautiful Calabar lady I’m befriending, so I decided to know more about Calabar and its people.

Whao! I can’t believe my eyes seeing these extremely beautiful pictures, I’ve never thought Calabar would be this beautiful. I shall soon pay a visit to this serene place.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by twinskenny(m): 9:45am On Jan 17, 2010
can u show us the picture of the other side of calabar?
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by CHANCEMAN: 5:48pm On Jan 17, 2010
FYNEWAKA and co. that is the problem with people like you ,always have an excuse for everything.You expect govt to come give you work or money.The govt is trying to create a condusive environment using what resources they got,instead of looking for opportunities like others are doing you are busy complaining.When people from other tribes go come establish business for Calabar people like you go turn 'TIGER' dey vok say dem no be indigenes.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by gallivant: 12:59am On Jan 18, 2010
@martinosi, my point was why people dont demand the same when it comes to pictures about other African countries here?

People here tend to show a very glaring bias against Nigeria in such matters, I wonder why.

Even the Kenyans on their thread enjoy the pics of their country they dont demand that their fellow countrymen show the poorer parts where most Kenyans live.

Why do you think that is the case?

In your answer you didnt actually address the point I was making at all.

You will find that although we know the average Kenyan does not live on a game reserve or under victoria falls, or in the richest parts  of Nairobi, people lapped up the pictures and did not complain for the most part. Apart from people like myself, who were told its not what the thread was created for.

Here is a video of calabar, called streets of calabar,

What are you on about?

our points may have been different but the bottom line was, PEOPLE DONT LIVE IN AMUSEMENT PARKS AND TOURISTS ATTRACTIONS AND WE WANT TO SEE REAL PICS.

What a vacuous statement to make .If you check the thread you will see towns,suburbs,schools etc,real aspects of an ordinary Kenyan life.I have even posted Kibera pics which are not as bad as you thought.The amusement parks and hotels are there to balance the thread.What real pics do you want to see?I dont see why some are hell bent on putting their fellow brothers down,maybe this way you dont feel like such a failure.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by gallivant: 2:37am On Jan 18, 2010

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by gallivant: 2:39am On Jan 18, 2010

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by THEAMAKA(f): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2010
more pics of regular Calabar please!
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by gallivant: 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2010
Its so damn hard to get Calabar pics online. undecided

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by gallivant: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2010

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by gallivant: 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2010
Beautiful roads.

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by THEAMAKA(f): 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2010
@gallivant, i understand you. on skyscraper city that seemed to be the case, and im guessing most of these pics came from there.
i was "debating" a few pages back about wanting to see more regular pics of calabar. and people took it as i if i was asking to see "bad" pics.
i was simply asking for regular pics of calabar not theme parks and stuff like that.
more people need to travel to calabar and take more pictures, cause im dying to see!!
grin
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by franko2: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
Returning to this cally topic briefly!

Can anyone tell me, or give me name, tel no and address of any top flight hotel with facility for holding a seminar please? It will be most appreciated! Make man go taste this cally thing wey everybody dey mouth off about.

Also, I need a hotel, name tel no and address, where the cost is no more than 4 - 5k a nite, with A/c and secure too! Make those of my buddies whey no hole go fit flex! dem say life na live n let live, abi? grin
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Funkstein(m): 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
franko!:

Returning to this cally topic briefly!

Can anyone tell me, or give me name, tel no and address of any top flight hotel with facility for holding a seminar please? It will be most appreciated! Make man go taste this cally thing wey everybody dey mouth off about.

Also, I need a hotel, name tel no and address, where the cost is no more than 4 - 5k a nite, with A/c and secure too! Make those of my buddies whey no hole go fit flex! dem say life na live n let live, abi? grin

Best hotel in Calabar in my opinion is the Metro, has been top flight for over 40 years, I would not even contemplating staying anywhere else see link below

http://www.metropolitancalabar.com/accommodation.html

As for a cheaper one I cannot say but I would not trust the security of the smaller guest houses, saying that Calabar is a relatively and I say 'relatively' safe place.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Ndipe(m): 1:06am On Jan 22, 2010
Funk stein:

Best hotel in Calabar in my opinion is the Metro, has been top flight for over 40 years, I would not even contemplating staying anywhere else see link below

http://www.metropolitancalabar.com/accommodation.html

As for a cheaper one I cannot say but I would not trust the security of the smaller guest houses, saying that Calabar is a relatively and I say 'relatively' safe place.

I grew up in Calabar and even vacationed once at the Metro hotel when I was 4 years old. I have wonderful memories of that city honestly and had a great time in Metropolitan hotel, Calabar. It's amazing how time flies by so fast yet one clings tight to those memories. I remember once my cousin told me that Mirage hotel owned by a relative of Donald Duke is the best hotel in Calabar.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by franko2: 5:14am On Jan 22, 2010
Thanx 4d info guys, much appreciated! I still need more though, so i can create and maintain the balance am seeking
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Goddex: 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2010
New hotels have sprung up in the last few years to
beat Metro and Mirage. Try Amber Tinapa hotel, Mega hilton,
Channel View or Monty Suites.

I specifically recommend Amber Tinapa. The scenery and
facilities are awesome.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Funkstein(m): 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2010
I think the photos of the other hotels speak for themselves, from the cheap tacky up lighters to the garish frumpy Chinese rugs, the Metropolitan Hotel is still the best in town, pure class, a proper 8/9 storey hotel of international standards and pedigree, newly refurbished with an interior design not out of place in a 3/4 star hotel in the west, Amber Tinapa is probably second best, and is really a western 2/3 star hotel run by a South African hotel group, and so I know where I will be spending my money it might be in a more picturesque location but the Metro is right in the middle of Calabar town which is hardly tatty. Besides look out for special offers in the Metro you can get up to 40% discount off the room rates in Jan / Feb.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Goddex: 1:17pm On Jan 23, 2010
Funk stein:

I think the photos of the other hotels speak for themselves, from the cheap tacky up lighters to the garish frumpy Chinese rugs, the Metropolitan Hotel is still the best in town, pure class, a proper 8/9 storey hotel of international standards and pedigree, newly refurbished with an interior design not out of place in a 3/4 star hotel in the west, Amber Tinapa is probably second best, and is really a western 2/3 star hotel run by a South African hotel group, and so I know where I will be spending my money it might be in a more picturesque location but the Metro is right in the middle of Calabar town which is hardly tatty. Besides look out for special offers in the Metro you can get up to 40% discount off the room rates in Jan / Feb.

Metro should pay you for this advert
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by DisGuy: 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2010
Thanx Gallivant for those pics!!!!

How come travel agents don't have Holiday packages to Calabar?
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by franko2: 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2010
Goddex:

New hotels have sprung up in the last few years to
beat Metro and Mirage. Try Amber Tinapa hotel, Mega hilton,
Channel View or Monty Suites.

I specifically recommend Amber Tinapa. The scenery and
facilities are awesome.

Thanx Goddex!

Incidentally, i tried calling metro from my workplace a few times yesterday but, whoever was at the reception wouldnt wanna answer the call, and kept on willfully turning the call off. Which was a bit infuriating.

In the end i gave up and tried other hotels, which gave me the information i was seeking. I then sent a text to the metro hotel (mobile) number i callled, suggesting that i heard a number of good things about them but, was mighty disappointed about their telephone (non) response. No response - surprise surprise!

Customer Service gone AWOL (or is it gone MAD, ?!!!)

I discussed it with a friend and, he suggested it may have been because my workplace does not display phone number most times, it just says PRIVATE or whatever.

But then, it begs the question: would this make it right that a hotel with such a big reputation as (i am told) metro has, chose to adopt such a backward and retrogressive attitude to a potential customer, for fear of a nuisance call or calls? Wow! Interesting stuff.

Or, could it be that the person at reception, must have chose to treat the hotels phone as they would their personal mobile?

Na wa
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by gylo: 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2010
Calabar is really a beautiful city.
Compare calabar with Aba, Aba is the dirtiest place i ever seen in my life.
Anybody who comes from calabar should be proud of calabar.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by gregg2: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
Wowwwwww. . . . .
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
"Beautiful CALABAR in pictures"

Why are there so many Obudu cattle ranch pics in the thread? That's like 7 hours drive away from calabar.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by chukxie(m): 4:25am On Apr 23, 2013
Beautiful. I was very proud to show the pictures to my wife. She said "Wow the place is very beautiful. Can we go there when we visit your country?"
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Blamaco11: 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
fynewaka: Beautiful city, poor people!

Have we all bothered to have a one-one-one with the people  of calabar? Somebody tell the government that is not all about spending hundreds of millions in carnival, sweeping and beautifying the streets while the people languish in brazen poverty. How many people in calabar can afford to spend time in Tinapa or the ranch resort? Poverty walks on all four in this ancient city!

Make policies that can put food on their table and not wasting the state's resources on aesthetics!

Why are consumed with food for your stomach? So so chop chop!
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Blamaco11: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
wealthlift: What about their villages?

Can wee see them too,

As soon as you show us yours....lol.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by suyamasta(m): 8:19am On Mar 16, 2016
Soo beautiful
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by tonididdy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
any nairalander in calabar to show me around pls....I just landed calabar and might be bored
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Pidggin(f): 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
tonididdy:
any nairalander in calabar to show me around pls....I just landed calabar and might be bored

The people are very friendly and accommodating you won't be bored if you are not a snob
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Ugosample(m): 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
londoner:
@martinosi, my point was why people dont demand the same when it comes to pictures about other African countries here?

People here tend to show a very glaring bias against Nigeria in such matters, I wonder why.

Even the Kenyans on their thread enjoy the pics of their country they dont demand that their fellow countrymen show the poorer parts where most Kenyans live.

Why do you think that is the case?

In your answer you didnt actually address the point I was making at all.

Honestly I get your point.
Nigerians are just programmed to hate their country.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 24, 2016
tonididdy:
Am in calabar whr re u precisely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.