Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:03 PM

Welbeck Says He Never Liked Gibbs Until He Came To North London - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Welbeck Says He Never Liked Gibbs Until He Came To North London (309 Views)

Danny Welbeck Joins Watford For Free / Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert / Watford Abandon Plans To Sign Kieran Gibbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Welbeck Says He Never Liked Gibbs Until He Came To North London by bigCassava: 7:55am On Feb 24, 2017
Danny Welbeck has revealed he was not a fan of Kieran Gibbs when the two faced each other at youth levels for Arsenal and Manchester United.
The striker, who moved from Old Trafford to North London in 2014, was pitched against his now teammate in the semi-final of the FA Youth Cup, and saw the left-back score in the first leg at the Emirates.
However, he had the last laugh, scoring the winner in the return leg to put United through to the final they lost against
Liverpool.
Speaking in an Arsenal Album’s video, Welbeck reacted to a picture of himself and Gibbs in action in the first game, and said, “It was a special moment. Obviously me and Gibbo are very close friends now but back then I used to hate him to be honest.
“He was bigger than me, faster than me, he was so strong and I was like, ‘what is this guy about?’
“”He scored the first goal at the Emirates. The second leg was at Old Trafford and I scored the winner to knock Arsenal out.”
The 26 year old, whose time at Arsenal has been beset by two serious knee injuries, also paid tribute to club captain Per Mertesacker for his support during those absences.
“It’s difficult to put this guy into words,” he said. “He is one of the sickest guys, seriously! He just lifts the whole atmosphere up in the dressing room.
“And I think he helped me a lot. He’s always there talking to you, giving you advice, asking you how you’re feeling.
“I think once you’re injured it can be quite a dark place, but Per was one of the reasons that kept me smiling throughout.
“Even his playlist is banging to fair! It’s mad man, you walk in the dressing room and he’s there singing Drake and Future and that.
“You wouldn’t expect it if you met Per Mertesacker, but he’s a top man. A sick, sick guy!”

Source : http://www.u2gossip.com.ng/2017/02/welbeck-says-he-never-liked-gibbs-until.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

The Nile River / The Green Garden / The Area Had Long Been

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.