Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real (2578 Views)

Why Christianity Is The Only Religion For Me: A Logical Treatise On Religion / Nairaland Muslims Confess That Islam Is Dying And Christianity Is Gaining / See What A Six Year Old Figured Out (must Read!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 9:25am On Feb 24, 2017
I found this beautifully -Oh! my vocabulary fails me- written article that I would like to share. Being a journeying christian myself that recently denounced and renounced fundamentalism (It's in the 'holy book' therefore it is fact/true), increasing becoming appalled by pentecostalism and many evangelicals (Of course, if they knew better they would be different key word: knowledge Prov 4:7; 15:4) and the intellectual docility it appears to encourage in our society, I was struck by almost every paragraph of the article. While it is not enough to move me into atheism, or make me less of an adherent of orthodox spirituality but it challenges every reader to think especially as Africans.

Food for thought: How did an omniscient, omnipresent and loving God that created everyone equally 'forget' to include anything about slavery and genocide in his commandments? Perhaps he considered blacks as lesser humans or he was simply created in the minds of people who saw all the good in slavery and even genocide.

https://www.nairaland.com/3647975/journey-out-christianity-michael-runyan
http://new.exchristian.net/2013/11/how-i-figured-out-christianity-is-not.html

My advice to Bible and God defenders let God and the Bible defend themselves, it is not your duty. History tells of countless horrors perpetrated by God and 'Holy' book defenders. If you want to know about history of the world, read books on history; about man and animals and their sexuality read books on Biology; about money, read books on Finance; about life on earth...; anything other than spirituality that you look for in these 'holy' books would most likely turn you into a narcissist that would see nothing wrong or even good in misfortunes of other human beings that are non-adherents of your religion.

"Today I bend the truth to be kind and I have no regret because I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by lionlamb020(m): 9:46am On Feb 24, 2017
Asking them to let God defend Himself... Against what and who?... You? Laughable! Your point is as stale as 3 days agege bread. And you guys need to stop acting like you love the world that much just so that you can have something to criticize about God. I really don't like being in these kinds of threads, cos I know you guys are relentless in making up unnecessary arguments to prove yourselves.. Lemme stop for now. God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 24, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
I found this beautifully -Oh! my vocabulary fails me- written article that I would like to share. Being a journeying christian myself that recently denounced and renounced fundamentalism (It's in the 'holy book' therefore it is fact/true), increasing becoming appalled by pentecostalism and many evangelicals (Of course, if they knew better they would be different key word: knowledge Prov 4:7; 15:4) and the intellectual docility it appears to encourage in our society, I was struck by almost every paragraph of the article. While it is not enough to move me into atheism, or make me less of an adherent of orthodox spirituality but it challenges every reader to think especially as Africans.

Food for thought: How did an omniscient, omnipresent and loving God that created everyone equally 'forget' to include anything about slavery and genocide in his commandments? Perhaps he considered blacks as lesser humans or he was simply created in the minds of people who saw all the good in slavery and even genocide.

My advice to Bible and God defenders let God and the Bible defend themselves, it is not your duty. History tells of countless horrors perpetrated by God and 'Holy' book defenders. If you want to know about history of the world, read books on history; about man and animals and their sexuality read books on Biology; about money, read books on Finance; about life on earth...; anything other than spirituality that you look for in these 'holy' books would most likely turn you into a narcissist that would see nothing wrong or even good in misfortunes of other human beings that are non-adherents of your religion.

"Today I bend the truth to be kind and I have no regret because I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true"

He who endures to the end shall be saved
Its not your fault, the devil has successfully deceived you
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by subtlemee(f): 10:00am On Feb 24, 2017
Stick to whatever you don't believe or believe in and leave blasphemy,it won't make your life any way better..

Can you try this with Islam? Ofcourse you won't dare

Don't stir the anger of a peaceful God
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by orisa37: 10:07am On Feb 24, 2017
Something that has been defended for over 2000 years by all and sundries? I'm just sorry that your type exists.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by orisa37: 10:15am On Feb 24, 2017
Love yourselves as I love you:
Settle with your Adversaries on the Road:
For I, God, I'm The Judge of all.
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 10:37am On Feb 24, 2017
cheesy I'm sure you didn't even read it. grin cheesy You're not the first, neither would you be the last but please when you have time read it.
Junia:

He who endures to the end shall be saved
Its not your fault, the devil has successfully deceived you
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 10:45am On Feb 24, 2017
subtlemee:
Stick to whatever you don't believe or believe in and leave blasphemy,it won't make your life any way better..
Exactly why I shared it.
Can you try this with Islam? Of course you won't dare
I was never a muslim.
Don't stir the anger of a peaceful God
You seem to know God very well...why don't you read the article and ask him some of those questions.

4 Likes

Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2017
orisa37:
Something that has been defended for over 2000 years by all and sundriesy? I'm just sorry that your type exists.
you see what I'm talking about. You would rather see me ran over by monster truck than for me to share an opinion. Look inwards to the monster your religion has turned you into. On the contrary, I would love to read your thoughts and encourage the quest for factual knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 24, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
cheesy I'm sure you didn't even read it. grin cheesy You're not the first, neither would you be the last but please when you have time read it.

I don't have time to read it. I know the reasons are sensible in your sight but foolishness to God. You wanted to try and understand God but it won't work because He is exalted far above our knowledge. As to why He did this or that, you can't and will never know why ?? ...
If this is the reason why you are leaving Christianity .. no p .. good luck in your new faith.

Forever Christian
Jesus Is Lord
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by akintom(m): 10:53am On Feb 24, 2017
orisa37:
Something that has been defended for over 2000 years by all and sundries? I'm just sorry that your type exists.
Just as a schizophrenic will defend his "sanity", since schizophrenia was first diagnosed over 2000 years ago.

Until a schizophrenic is cured, he never agrees that he's suffering from mental illness.

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by felixomor: 11:04am On Feb 24, 2017
akintom:

Just as a schizophrenic will defend his "sanity", since schizophrenia was first diagnosed over 2000 years ago.

Until a schizophrenic is cured, he never agrees that he's suffering from mental illness.

Check yourself first.
lipsrsealed
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by felixomor: 11:06am On Feb 24, 2017
TheEminentLaity:

Young men who simply want to be free in their minds to fornicate.....
Invent lies and say all sorts......

Be healed.
The devil is on you.
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 11:19am On Feb 24, 2017
I opened this thread to encourage thinking, such that is characteristic of higher education students and graduates but it appears the aim is being defeated. Comments by people who obviously know nothing about history of the human race, black people/africans, slavery and the religion they follow.
I am still a christian for many reasons, perhaps you missed that part. When you seek knowledge, you will find many facts that contradict religious stories, not just in the Bible. Take my advice you would be better for it. God bless you.
lionlamb020:
Asking them to let God defend Himself... Against what and who?... You? Laughable! Your point is as stale as 3 days agege bread. And you guys need to stop acting like you love the world that much just so that you can have something to criticize about God. I really don't like being in these kinds of threads, cos I know you guys are relentless in making up unnecessary arguments to prove yourselves.. Lemme stop for now. God bless
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 11:25am On Feb 24, 2017
You don't have time to read it but you have time to comment about what you haven't read. undecided You people think these questions come upon people like an epiphany...Anyway, this is for christians that think too much. You are not one of them so Good luck.
Junia:

I don't have time to read it. I know the reasons are sensible in your sight but foolishness to God. You wanted to try and understand God but it won't work because He is exalted far above our knowledge. As to why He did this or that, you can't and will never know why ?? ...
If this is the reason why you are leaving Christianity .. no p .. good luck in your new faith.

Forever Christian
Jesus Is Lord
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by akintom(m): 11:28am On Feb 24, 2017
felixomor:

Be healed.
The devil is on you.
I always advise parents to be extra vigilant with the care of their toddlers, around a man who takes every opportunity to sermonize or express repulsive attitude, towards sexual behavior of consenting adults.

Most of them are either pedophiles, psychopaths or sociopaths.

3 Likes

Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by felixomor: 11:30am On Feb 24, 2017
akintom:

I always adviced parents to be extra vigilant with the care of their toddlers, around a man who takes every opportunity to sermonize or express repulsive attitude, towards sexual behavior of consenting adults.

Most of them are either pedophiles, psychopaths or sociopaths.

What is "conscenting"? undecided
Abegi, just say immorality is worrying u.

Period
Save us all these sermons.
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by Realedu: 11:31am On Feb 24, 2017
Attention seeking bastardized zombie. Got nothing more to say you asshole
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by Realedu: 11:41am On Feb 24, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
You don't have time to read it but you have time to comment about what you haven't read. undecided You people think these questions come upon people like an epiphany...Anyway, this is for christians that think too much. You are not one of them so Good luck.
just,shu up already!when you don't even know or understand your self how can you even know a thing about God talk less of understanding Him
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 11:43am On Feb 24, 2017
One thing I have come to realise about fear is that is becomes increasingly less potent with growing knowledge. All through history, mankind have feared what they didn't understand and turned to the divine whenever helpless. Earthquakes would have been called act of god in retribution against sinful nations. More recently, HIV was even tagged as God's retribution on homosexuals by evangelicals. Perhaps what was described in Sodom and Gomorrah (no historical evidence) could be likened to the Tsunami in 2004...If people didn't know better, I bet the christians would have said God struck them because they had a negligible percentage of christian worshippers. I could go on and on. God conveniently fills the gap of ignorance and fear sustains it.
I suspect you know little about piety, spirituality or christian theology. So you, the young man need to learn and acquire knowledge before you can be sure of what is and what isn't a lie. The devil is within your fears and keeping you bound.
felixomor:

Be healed.
The devil is on you.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 11:45am On Feb 24, 2017
Wow! I certainly don't want to be like you if that is God or christianity. Thanks, now move along
Realedu:
Attention seeking bastardized zombie. Got nothing more to say you asshole
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2017
You've got my attention. Now run along. You don't even read like you can understand proper English but you understand God that created the universe and sustains it grin cheesy Yeah right grin cheesy
Realedu:
just,shu up already!when you don't even know or understand your self how can you even know a thing about God talk less of understanding Him
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by felixomor: 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
One thing I have come to realise about fear is that is becomes increasingly less potent with growing knowledge. All through history, mankind have feared what they didn't understand and turned to the divine whenever helpless. Earthquakes would have been called act of god in retribution against sinful nations. More recently, HIV was even tagged as God's retribution on homosexuals by evangelicals. Perhaps what was described in Sodom and Gomorrah (no historical evidence) could be likened to the Tsunami in 2004...If people didn't know better, I bet the christians would have said God struck them because they had a negligible percentage of christian worshippers. I could go on and on. God conveniently fills the gap of ignorance and fear sustains it.
I suspect you know little about piety, spirituality or christian theology. So you, the young man need to learn and acquire knowledge before you can be sure of what is and what isn't a lie. The devil is within your fears and keeping you bound.

All you just said has no fact.
You quote from people like u and then u arrive at conclusions of your own interpretation of events.

Besides, i was waiting for You to directly address my point.
But u couldnt, as expected.

Most of these so called rebuttals of Christianity are only outward rebellious rantings of inner moral decadence.

Nothing more undecided
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by lionlamb020(m): 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
I opened this thread to encourage thinking, such that is characteristic of higher education students and graduates but it appears the aim is being defeated. Comments by people who obviously know nothing about history of the human race, black people/africans, slavery and the religion they follow.
I am still a christian for many reasons, perhaps you missed that part. When you seek knowledge, you will find many facts that contradict religious stories, not just in the Bible. Take my advice you would be better for it. God bless you.
You sound very confused... Claiming to be a Christian and still saying it's not real.. Smh... And BTW you haven't yet made a tangible point as regards the whole history ish... Just so muddled up.. Or perhaps you just don't have a point
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
felixomor:

You quote from people like u and then u arrive at conclusions of your own interpretation of events.

Most of these so called rebuttals of Christianity are only outward rebellious rantings of inner moral decadence.

Nothing more undecided
What point? that I am trying to fornicate undecided undecided Don't tell me you consider that as being sensible. You seem so interested about sex. What's the problem? Christianity doesn't make anybody more moral than an average religious adherent in fact it does the contrary because all you have to do at least the protestants is believe and become 'saved' no effort required no work. Where else do we find many sexual scandals today if not in the multitude of pentecostal churches? Take your sexual morality teachings to your church members and pastors they probably need it more.
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
You seem to have a cult mentality of 'us vs. them' so because I am a Christian I should not share articles I find interesting or I should not differentiate facts from bible stories that at best should be allegorical in reading. The original post is about an article that I provided a link to...I only gave somewhat a review. The title is that of the article as well.
I still consider myself an orthodox Christian in spirituality but no longer a fundamentalist. I won't brand you a sinner, gentile, consider you anathema or any other derogatory term just because it is written in the Bible. I won't try to 'save' you from hell neither would I laugh at your misfortune or wish harm upon anyone even my enemy want death for homosexuals because 'the bible says'. Just because 'the Bible says' the world was created in 7 days and Adam and Eve were the first humans doesn't mean it is fact because it isn't. For spirituality and theology those texts possibly serve a purpose for understanding spiritual essence but not history nor geology nor geography. Coloured people were the first on earth. It is ridiculous to think the earth is 7,000 years old or Noah's flood actually happened.
Hope you get the picture. Read the article, it's brilliant and he was also a christian.
lionlamb020:

You sound very confused... Claiming to be a Christian and still saying it's not real.. Smh... And BTW you haven't yet made a tangible point as regards the whole history ish... Just so muddled up.. Or perhaps you just don't have a point
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by felixomor: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
TheEminentLaity:

What point? that I am trying to fornicate undecided undecided Don't tell me you consider that as being sensible. You seem so interested about sex. What's the problem? Christianity doesn't make anybody more moral than an average religious adherent in fact it does the contrary because all you have to do at least the protestants is believe and become 'saved' no effort required no work. Where else do we find many sexual scandals today if not in the multitude of pentecostal churches? Take your sexual morality teachings to your church members and pastors they probably need it more.

So are you implying you are morally upright?
Yes or No....
And yet find Christianity fake?

Prove me wrong right now
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by lionlamb020(m): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
You seem to have a cult mentality of 'us vs. them' so because I am a Christian I should not share articles I find interesting or I should not differentiate facts from bible stories that at best should be allegorical in reading. The original post is about an article that I provided a link to...I only gave somewhat a review. The title is that of the article as well.
I still consider myself an orthodox Christian in spirituality but no longer a fundamentalist. I won't brand you a sinner, gentile, consider you anathema or any other derogatory term just because it is written in the Bible. I won't try to 'save' you from hell neither would I laugh at your misfortune or wish harm upon anyone even my enemy want death for homosexuals because 'the bible says'. Just because 'the Bible says' the world was created in 7 days and Adam and Eve were the first humans doesn't mean it is fact because it isn't. For spirituality and theology those texts possibly serve a purpose for understanding spiritual essence but not history nor geology nor geography. Coloured people were the first on earth. It is ridiculous to think the earth is 7,000 years old or Noah's flood actually happened.
Hope you get the picture. Read the article, it's brilliant and he was also a christian.
Like I said before... I don't have time for arguments, especially not on religion.. Just so you know, there's no way you can claim a religion you don't even believe in, because faith is what makes us Christians in the first place... *whistling away...
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
I don't see what I challenged anyone to an argument. Christianity has many variants so do your own and continue. I have shared an opinion.
lionlamb020:

Like I said before... I don't have time for arguments, especially not on religion.. Just so you know, there's no way you can claim a religion you don't even believe in, because faith is what makes us Christians in the first place... *whistling away...
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by TheEminentLaity: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
How is my morality any of a bother? Did you read the article or you are only interested in my sex life cheesy grin "How I Figured Christianity is not Real' is the title of the original article. Read it and answer the questions former christian pastors have been asking. Get your mind off sex would you...Now na morning cheesy
felixomor:

So are you implying you are morally upright?
Yes or No....
And yet find Christianity fake?

Prove me wrong right now
Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by lastkingsman: 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
TheEminentLaity:

https://www.nairaland.com/3647975/journey-out-christianity-michael-runyan

Christianity is real

1 Like

Re: MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real by akintom(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
felixomor:

Nothing more undecided
In the modern society of today, and not in the primitive mental sphere of most Christians, what can be most despicable and corrupt behavior than;

* Christian leaders using the fraudulently collected offerings and tithes, to gratify their obscene opulence.

*Bishops selling fetish materials as "supernatural gadgets", that can protect against normal painful experiences.

* prophets selling illusionary "divine healing", while they escape to the west for better medicare.

* Church leaders colluding with rogues to perpetuate corruption in Nigeria.

All the charades of the Christian groups, have never been this odious.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Stoning Of Stephen - Why...? / Some One Gave One Billion From Ark Project, Bishop Oyedepo / Epicworship: FREE Church Presentation Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.