Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Atheists Are Better Than Hypocrite Christians - Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are Better Than Hypocrite Christians - Pope Francis (497 Views)

You're An Example To Christians, Pope Hails Late Vivian, 14-year-old Nija Saint / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Bishop Sam Zuga: "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Are Better Than Hypocrite Christians - Pope Francis by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
Pope Francis is lashing out at Catholics who live what he called a “ double life ” by not practicing Christian values. He even suggested that atheists might be better than members of the faithful who don’ t practice the tenets of their faith . According to a transcript posted online by Vatican Radio , the pontiff called it a “ scandal” during his morning mass on Thursday:

“ Scandal is saying one thing and doing another; it is a double life , a double life . A totally double life : ‘ I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass , I belong to this association and that one ; but my life is not Christian, I don ’t pay my workers a just wage , I exploit people, I am dirty in my business, I launder money…’ A double life .” The pontiff said “ many Christians ” were living this double life . “ How many times have we heard ― all of us, around the neighborhood and elsewhere ― ‘but to be a Catholic like that , it ’ s better to be an atheist , ’” he said.

He gave an example of a Christian boss taking a vacation as his workers went unpaid — and issued a stern warning about where that will lead .

“ You will arrive in heaven and you willbknock at the gate : ‘Here I am , Lord!’ ― ‘ But don’ t you remember? I went to Church , I was close to you , I belong to this association , I did this … Don’t you remember all the offerings I made?’

‘Yes , I remember. The offerings , I remember them : All dirty. All stolen from the poor . I don ’t know you . ’ That will be Jesus’ response to these scandalous people who live a double life .”

He then called on Catholics to examine themselves . Francis has addressed atheism in the past, and in 2013 he seemed to suggest they may have a path toward Christian salvation.

“ Just do good and we ’ll find a meeting point,” he said. A church official later clarified that those who reject Christ cannot be saved , but added that the “ rejection of Christianity may not mean the rejection of Christ . ”
“ We can never say with ultimate certainty whether a non - Christian who has rejected Christianity… is still following the temporary path mapped out for his own salvation which is leading him to an encounter with God,” Rev . Thomas Rosica wrote at the time.

http://punchng.com/pope-slams-hypocrite-christians-suggests-atheists-better/

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Better Than Hypocrite Christians - Pope Francis by Rilwayne001: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yes i agree! They are not just better than hypocrite Christians, they are better than hypocritical fanatic Muslims too.

Militants atheist though are more like boko haram, whilst those atheist that are hell bent on trying to force their unbelieve of the existence of God on a believer are more like the hypocrite Christians and Muslims.

Those who live and let others live are the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Are Better Than Hypocrite Christians - Pope Francis by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Yes i agree! They are not just better than hypocrite Christians, they are better than hypocritical fanatic Muslims too.

Militants atheist though are more like boko haram, whilst those atheist that are hell bent on trying to force their unbelieve of the existence of God on a believer are more like the hypocrite Christians and Muslims.

seun is this true.
Re: Atheists Are Better Than Hypocrite Christians - Pope Francis by mmsen: 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Where are these 'militant atheists'? Are they killing people who observe religious rites? Are they kidnapping children for the purposes of rape?

In what way are they comparable with Boko Haram?

The (good) values that xtians and Muslims claim to be exclusive to their religions are human values that are entirely separate from religion. The elements that distinguish religious value from secular values are the nonsensical ideas that are rooted in the past for which we have no evidence and no justification - practices such as scrapping your forehead on carpet or believing that a woman can give birth without having relations.
Re: Atheists Are Better Than Hypocrite Christians - Pope Francis by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ha!

FP things
Re: Atheists Are Better Than Hypocrite Christians - Pope Francis by efepro(m): 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
#IstandWithPope on this
Re: Atheists Are Better Than Hypocrite Christians - Pope Francis by lastkingsman: 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nobody holy pass

(1) (Reply)

GOD Forbids Gay And I Did Not Sleep With Someones Wife She Is Single - Suleman / Why Keyamo, Stephanie Otobo Are After Me — Apostle Suleiman / Open Heavens Daily Devotional- April 26th 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.