Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge (853 Views)

Bride And Father Show Off Dabbing Skills On The Dance Floor / Groom And His Mother Rock The Dance Floor At His Wedding (Video) / Groom Welcomes His Bride To The Dance Floor At Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by Anuoluwapo23(f): 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hi, Everyone Good Morning I just want to call your attention to a program that was organised by Etisalat, which is supposed to last for two days, Thursday and Friday 24hrs #BreakFree... They stated the Dos And Don't, which we were already aware of; Don't stop moving, Don't swap with a friend, Don't overstay the break and Don't sabotage other participants. In a challenge like that it's supposed to be last man standing but to my utmost surprise, we were being Socred.

This was how it happened, I registered for the dance hoping to win since it's a 24 hours dance contest, to know who could survive dancing for 24 hours while dancing, not Best Dancer or anything, I was chosen to be one of the contestants, number 5 on the list.

When the event started, a guy came to me and said, 'Don't dance too much'. I asked him what he meant by that and he said my name isn't on the list, then I started wondering how that is possible coz i registered online and I was given an online invite, and here, at the Event Center, someone is telling me my name isn't on a list. He asked what my name is, I told him, he checked the list again, he said he had seen my name then he left.

Since then I've been suspecting foul play so I went to call the attention of a media guy, I told him about it, the guy told me to chill bla bla.

So the show continued and the guy kept coming to ask of my name i kept wondering wats up with this dude and these questions, and i noticed that some dancers were being taken to the corner to rest, I saw this with my eyes and called a lady's attention to it and she saw it too.

But to my greatest surprise, after dancing from 12:00pm To 9:00 pm, I heard an announcement, 'If you hear your number, go back inside and continue dancing'. My number wasn't called. It's not a big deal, but if you are to disqualify someone in a contest, atleast, make it transparent. They gave us no reason for disqualifying us, after making us dance for over 9 hours. This kind of contest, they had already told us the Dos and Dont's and we all knew the rule from the beginning, 'a last man standing' contest. This isn't fair at all. It's worse than punishment!

I went to confront one of the judges, I challenged and asked him to give us reasons why we were disqualified! Surprisingly, he said he will slap me if I talk again, so I talked again then he Pushed me away, saying he will beat the hell out of me...

After dancing from 12pm to 9pm, we were given no compensation! Not even a N20 biro because they already have their candidates. It was obvious that they even hired dancers to dance for them.

Right now, as I'm writing this, I'm feeling all sorts of pain in my body, chest pain, my thighs are aching, I'm just venting my frustration on people around me, I'm not even productive at work. This is so sad! I expected credibility, fairness and transparency in a contest like this, since it was sponsored by the so-called 'almighty' @etisalatng.

My fight is, why did Etisalat stress people, give them hope to come and dance for 24hrs and start scoring them points which they didn't specify from the onset and even disqualify them without saying or giving them reasons or any form of compensation. This is very bad. These kind of events make me wonder if there is still hope for this nation! Too much corruption in every sector.

Please help me fight for justice....... These people are fake and just scammers!

Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by GrandMufti: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
Sorry
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by Musici: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
Sorry about that. It's sad that such continue to happen. I just used to wonder what all the processes are for, afterall if they want to scam why not just take the money their so called sponsors had given them and run. Instead of dragging people into an utopia.
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by Anuoluwapo23(f): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2017
Am telling u that is the painful part danced from 12 to 9 just get disqualified with nothing embarassed
Musici:
Sorry about that. It's sad that such continue to happen. I just used to wonder what all the processes are for, afterall if they want to scam why not just take the money their so called sponsors had given them and run. Instead of dragging people into an utopia.
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by Anuoluwapo23(f): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
cc: seun lalascitlala
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by Nogodye(m): 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
Tag them your writes-up via dia istagram and twitter handle.I hope the will have better explaination to this...Sorry dear!
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by Taidi(m): 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
pele
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by AlPeter: 8:07am On Feb 25, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:
Am telling u that is the painful part danced from 12 to 9 just get disqualified with nothing embarassed
sorry bae
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by Anuoluwapo23(f): 1:39am On Feb 26, 2017
Thanks
AlPeter:
sorry bae
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by DanielGb(m): 11:22am On Mar 15, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:

After dancing from 12pm to 9pm, we were given no compensation! Not even a N20 biro because they already have their candidates. It was obvious that they even hired dancers to dance for them.
!

Funny How you will dance like this for money. If na Church, una go form serious babe.

This post don tey o. But I can help you use twitter to dig the case out. At least, you will be at peace, even if you don't get eventually compensated.
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by Anuoluwapo23(f): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Etisalat said dey r not the judge bla bla, That they gave the job to a professional dancer and i was like wtf!
DanielGb:

Funny How you will dance like this for money. If na Church, una go form serious babe.

This post don tey o. But I can help you use twitter to dig the case out. At least, you will be at peace, even if you don't get eventually compensated.
Re: How Etisalat Scammed A Nairalander With The Dance Challenge by DanielGb(m): 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:
Etisalat said dey r not the judge bla bla, That they gave the job to a professional dancer and i was like wtf!

It was the P.dancer who raped you. Use and dumb. God dey sah.

I get a request sah. If you still get the dance show. Send me, I want to watch the dance video.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Someone Send Me The Contact Of The Organisers Of Mtn Project Fame? Th / Scintilla Summer Wedding Special / D’ Banj, M.i, Naeto C, Wizkid For Mtn Power Of 1o Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.