Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Caf Election, Why Pinnick Must Win While Issa Hayatou Must Lose - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Caf Election, Why Pinnick Must Win While Issa Hayatou Must Lose (557 Views)

I Know Why Pinnick� Snubbed Me – Rohr / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of A Must Win Match Tomorrow(pics) / Nigeria Vs South Africa : A Must Win For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caf Election, Why Pinnick Must Win While Issa Hayatou Must Lose by oyeniyi10(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Amaju Pinnick will contest with his opponent in next month's Confederation of African Football (CAF) executive committee elections, Moucharafa Anjorin of Benin Republic who described Pinnick as a ' small boy'.

Though, it is going to be difficult task for Pinnick to unseat Moucharafa who defeated former NFF boss Aminu Maigari four year ago in Morroco.
Moucharafa the Nigerian born Benin Republic FA chairman will be relying on his closeness to CAF president Issa Hayatou.

On the other hand, NFF president has a warm relationship with FIFA Secretary general Fatma Samba Samoura and FIFA president Infantino, both of whom have visited Nigeria on Pinnick invitation. He was also appointed into FIFA organising committee on a four year tenure some months ago.
If Samoura and Infantino should throw their weight behind Pinnick, surely , Mouchrafa will be in trouble.

Hayatou, who has been the CAF President since 1988 will be challenged by Madagscar FA president Ahmad Ahmad who enjoys the support of COSAFA ( consist of 6 African football Nations), Pinnick and FIFA president Infantino.
The overwhelming support made Issa Hayatou to be restless and trying to do everything within his capacity to make sure he remains in office.
Since the suspension of Amos Adamu no Nigerians has won the post as the former two contestants from Nigeria have lost out and this is more reason why I support Amaju Pinnick to win the seat. Though, the post favour the individual the more and does the country little or no favour.
Re: Caf Election, Why Pinnick Must Win While Issa Hayatou Must Lose by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hmm...when Pinnick cld nt manage his home!
Re: Caf Election, Why Pinnick Must Win While Issa Hayatou Must Lose by oyeniyi10(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Daree88:
Hmm...when Pinnick cld nt manage his home!
. But we need to support our own man. More so, its been long we have a
representative in both CAF and FIFA posts.
Re: Caf Election, Why Pinnick Must Win While Issa Hayatou Must Lose by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
oyeniyi10:
. But we need to support our own man. More so, its been long we have a
representative in both CAF and FIFA posts.
Well, ure rgt.But is our own man worthy of a higher position when he cld nt manage d lower level? Even if my brother seeks my support when I knw he is nt worthy, I wld throw my weight on my neighbor instead who has given me cause to trust him.This is y Africa is where she is today.We are nt frank due to fraternity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Antonio Conte Makes Honest Comparison Between Kante And Pogba / Brazil Tops Fifa Ranking After Ages / Does Romelu Lukaku Have The Quality To Replace Diego Costa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.