Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? (593 Views)

Man Carries 3 Bags Of Cement, One With His Teeth (Photos) / Man Carries Another Man With His Teeth In Nsukka, Enugu (Video, Photo) / Man Lifts Bag Of Cement With His Teeth? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by holuwajobar(m): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
First off, snails have teeth. The average garden snail has over 14,000 of them, which are arranged in rows on their tongue. The typical snail tongue, called a radula, might have 120 rows of 100, although some species may have more than 20,000 teeth.But let’s talk about the ones in water. The limpet, an aquatic snail that feeds by scraping algae off of rocks, has been found to have teeth that exceed the tensile strength of spider silk, Kevlar, and titanium.Researchers measured that the amount of force required to break the millimeter long teeth is about the same pressure that it takes to turn carbon into diamond in the Earth’s crust ( about 5 gigapascals (GPa) – some five times greater than most spider silk. ) The authors of the study, which appears at the Journal of the Royal Society Interface, note:“[Our] observations highlight an absolute material tensile strength that is the highest recorded for a biological material, outperforming the high strength of spider silk currently considered to be the strongest natural material, and approaching values comparable to those of the strongest man-made fibres.”
Re: Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by Jabioro: 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
Snail snail snail!!! How big is snail that it would carry such.. even elephant does not.. this theory get as e be

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by Vickiweezy(m): 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
Jabioro:
Snail snail snail!!! How big is snail that it would carry such.. even elephant does not.. this theory get as e be

Abeg help me reason this OP.
E be like him take suay and palm oil.
Him no even show the pic of the teeth.
Re: Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by holuwajobar(m): 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
Vickiweezy:

Abeg help me reason this OP.
E be like him take suay and palm oil.
Him no even show the pic of the teeth.
next time u use ur brain to make some research on google abt it
Re: Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by Dosmay(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
holuwajobar:

lol. o.p don vex o
Re: Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by holuwajobar(m): 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
Dosmay:

lol. o.p don vex o
lol...dnt mind d guy...he tink say he fit use me shine
Re: Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by Vickiweezy(m): 1:19am On Feb 25, 2017
holuwajobar:

Your are stupid AF
Re: Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by holuwajobar(m): 7:29am On Feb 25, 2017
Vickiweezy:

Your are stupid AF
lol...wu z stupid btw me n u......instead u shuld go n find out......fool
Re: Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by Vickiweezy(m): 8:02am On Feb 25, 2017
holuwajobar:
lol...wu z stupid btw me n u......instead u shuld go n find out......fool

And yet you still ask who's stupid? Stupid.
You're always gon be Stupid AF.
It's your destiny.
Don't quote me again.
Re: Do You Know That Snail Have Up To 14 Thousand Teeth? by holuwajobar(m): 11:18am On Feb 25, 2017
Vickiweezy:

And yet you still ask who's stupid? Stupid. You're always gon be Stupid AF. It's your destiny. Don't quote me again.
lol.... Fortune teller.....

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be Real Or Another Cooked Up Stories? / 5 Intriguing Places You’re Not Allowed To Visit / Hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.