Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec (8947 Views)

Poll: Can Aston Villa get a win?

Yes: 55% (5 votes)
No: 44% (4 votes)
They'll get a draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On Sat, 21st Dec 2013 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2 - 1) On Monday 12th Dec. 2011 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by debosky(m): 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2009
Ibime:

Crizzle loves engaging in long arguments every time United lose. . . . but no amount of aurgment can provide healing to the soul. . . . I think she should just let it burn like Usher. . . .  grin  grin grin

Let it burn. . .
Let it burn. . .
Let it burn. . .  

grin grin grin

Carlo must be feeling slightly pleased now. . . from throwing away a two point lead to extending the lead to three points. grin

So what would you call this performance Crizzle? I-N-C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y grin

Give them a chance to close the gap at the top against a team that hasn't won there in 26 years and they screw it up. grin
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by nateevs(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2009
Cristalz:

@Nateevs
Won't say too much so your blind support will let you get the message.
First, this isn't last season. Need a calender?

Second, it's not just about the players, it's about their F-O-R-M.
If you like, get Messi, but if he is in poor form you'll never get a goal from him. Ya dig?
With your defense this poor and with Cech this shaky, you cannot sustain an unbeaten run. Ya dig?

It would really help you if you could learn to quit letting your support blind your judgment and reasoning abilities.

Go get over this loss ma!

You can't get any more contradictory. . . One more silly comment and we all will wonder what's suddenly happened to you.
You call something F-O-R-M. . . Yet you think we can't sustain a run.

Do you need proper explanation about form?. . . Bad form could last as long as a season. . it could also be a handful of matches. As few as four matches sometimes. . . How long does bad form have to be before it's called bad form or shaky form as you call it. . ?

Now if you know that bad form can be as little a handful of matches . . why bother stressing. . ?

Also how do we explain how quickly one can come out of bad form if you don't go back in time? . . So quoting what happened to Chelsea last year will help do that for you ? . . . geddit now?

If Chelsea could turn a bad run of defence performances to  sublime performances in a week, why are you stressing?

Go get some sleep. . . Every time you lose, you struggle with simple things. .
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by MrCrackles(m): 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2009
Crizzle is chatting gobbledegooks and poppycocks again shocked shocked
U nor dey tire. . . .
Anyway knowing the beer tastes bleeping bitter tonight. . .I'd let you wallow in the misery together with other mouthy scummies. . .
Oh dont make me dinner tonight i have had some food. . .See u in bed love wink cool kiss
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Ibime(m): 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2009
Crizzle. . . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp7L-jJI5sI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2009
@Ibime
Nah, not every time United lose. grin
Every time I see things that shouldn't have or should have been in place, I make it known.

People don't always agree with me, so I explain myself. I don't follow the crowd to avoid an argument. grin

There are times Ferguson does everything right and we still lose. I don't make any case then.

@Debo
Yeah, it's probably inconsistency, but you guys still take the prize for being the most inconsistent team in the EPL. grin
Instead of making fun of United that have won the trophy thrice in succession, why don't you go worry about your team that haven't won in.  .   .help me fill that in. grin
Chelsea should fight harder than United in this race. Were you expecting something different?
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by debosky(m): 10:02pm On Dec 12, 2009
Cristalz:

@Debo
Yeah, it's probably inconsistency, but you guys still take the prize for being the most inconsistent team in the EPL. grin
Instead of making fun of United that have won the trophy thrice in succession, why don't you go worry about your team that haven't won in.  .   .help me fill that in. grin
Chelsea should fight harder than United in this race. Were you expecting something different?

Yawn. . . .typical deflection tactics. You lose a game and should talk about that, instead y'all go off on a tangent. Did your defence capitulate because they felt they had won more trophies than Arsenal? grin

I was expecting a sensible reaction from Utd, smelling Chelski weakness, but all we got was senile Fergie doing his best to sabotage his team's chances. grin
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Borat1: 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2009
Criz,
You're so agitated I'm tempted to believe you bet you december salary on this game? undecided
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2009
Gosh, Nateevs, for the last time, Chelsea will not sustain an unbeaten run with their defense this shambolic, and Cech this wobbly.
How do you want to sustain an unbeaten run, by magic??

You guys are at the top of the table 'cos you've first got a very good defense(or, you had a very good defense, under the current circumstances), and next, you score goals.
Didn't United's defense play a part in their winning the title last season?

If your defense doesn't shape up, you will not have an unbeaten run.
Borrow Ibime's new glasses and notice the clause. I did not just say ''Chelsea will not have an unbeaten run''. Apparently that's the only part you are seeing.
Blind support.

As for going back in time, records are made and broken every day. You did something last season doesn't necessarily mean you will repeat it this season. That's being narrow-minded. You can, but will you? There's no certainty.

Take United tonight.  .  .y'all were saying United always bounce back from impending losses in the nick of time. But did that happen tonight? No.
Cos something happened before doesn't mean it always will.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Emperoh(m): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2009
Ibime:

Crizzle loves engaging in long arguments every time United lose. . . . but no amount of aurgment can provide healing to the soul. . . . I think she should just let it burn like Usher. . . .  grin  grin grin

Let it burn. . .
Let it burn. . .
Let it burn. . .  

She's already gotten the soothing balm she needs to get over this one.
Shouldn't hurt though. . . . . .pick a thing or two and move. . . . .just shows that no team is invincible!!

Cristalz:

You saying we cannot beat Villa?
If we were given 30 more minutes, with the right line-up, we woulda scored. That's a fact.
That line-up/formation was just wrong for a skilled and physical team like A.Villa. We didn't put our best foot forward.
Fergie does wonders with his tinkering, no doubt, but there are some teams you just don't go gambling with.

No need stating the obvious. . . .we can but not on this day.
Defenders out, 'maybe' just maybe, we got formation wrong but remember, you have to tinker with what is available.
So i think SAF started with a formation that would balance between attack and defence. But somehow it didn't work
hence change in tactics but like i said earlier, any team aside the big three, woulda fallen but hey babe, this guys were pretty recalcitrant and stubborn
And its not just being stubborn, they matched it with good footie so why attack the formation and players?
If this, if that; those formations at one point or the other have failed us? who do u blame? The team? Ferguson?
Nah. . .for once recognise u have  strong opponent and that its their today, tomorrow it will u and vice versa!!
So stop seeing it as a coaching fault, of course he will take the blame if he doesn't do what WE want.
But he knows the best and takes the knocks and jabs when they don't walk.

BTW, assuming we won with this formation, wetin U for talk? Fergie is a god? grin grin grin
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2009
@Borat
Funny thing is, it's not even the United game I'm going on about here.
It's Chelsea, of all things! grin

@Debo
I expected United to take the advantage as well, but was a tad surprised at the line-up and formation Fergie put forward.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2009
@Emp
LOL grin
Thing is, I wasn't sure of a win from the start.
I said I wasn't sure of Park at the very beginning, and I questioned Fergie making Rooney point-man.

I was surprised about him leaving Fletcher, who is a better midfielder than Carrick IMO, at the back. Carrick is the better defender, he shoulda gone back.

Anywayz, no wahala. Loss has happened already.
Tinkering doesn't always work.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Ibime(m): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2009
Emperoh:

She's already gotten the soothing balm she needs to get over this one!!

You obviously doing a poor job nucca. . . . you should take a tip from Carl Thomas. . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZs2sNUF4V0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2009
@Ibime
It's Nateevs you should be singing for.  .  . grin

Chelsea will not sustain an unbeaten run with their defense this shambolic, and with Cech being this shaky.

Please tell me what exactly is incorrect about the above statement? undecided

Big names will not perform when there is a dip in their form. Doesn't mean the dip will last all season, but for as long as therez a dip, performance dips too.
He doesn't seem to get it.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by nateevs(m): 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2009
Gosh, Nateevs, for the last time, Chelsea will not sustain an unbeaten run with their defense this shambolic, and Cech this wobbly.
How do you want to sustain an unbeaten run, by magic??

You is the one who doesn't get it. . .
The question is not how do you do it? . . Rather can it be done?

You guys are at the top of the table 'cos you've first got a very good defense(or, you had a very good defense, under the current circumstances), and next, you score goals.
Didn't United's defense play a part in their winning the title last season?

Which otherwise means, the defence can shape up and an unbeaten run can be sustained
Whic brings me to the question . . . Why then are you stressing?
Why are you arguing ? . . because this is what I said from adam. .

We can sort ourselves out and continue on the run and you said it can't be done going on an unnecessarily long and meaningless argument only to come back to say . .  

If your defense doesn't shape up, you will not have an unbeaten run

As for going back in time, records are made and broken every day. You did something last season doesn't necessarily mean you will repeat it this season. That's being narrow-minded. You can, but will you? There's no certainty.

Is very different from CAN'T. . . which always makes history relevant when talking about future occurrences. .
?How then can it be wrong to talk about the past. . when it's been done before. . .

You are struggling . . . Take a break.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Ibime(m): 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2009
Cristalz:

@Ibime
It's Nateevs you should be singing for. . . grin

Of course Im singing for Nateevs. . . . this song is going to the top of the charts very soon. . . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsUdZrG1Fpo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2009
@Nateevs
No, dearie, I am not struggling. You are the one having comprehension issues.
I've been saying the same thing for the past hour.  .  .you, on the other hand, have been talking about past seasons, player names, and all whatnot.

If I came back to say ''If your defense doesn't shape up, you will not have an unbeaten run'' after you had said a similar thing, wasn't that just a confirmation of your erstwhile statement?

But you chose to see it as some sort of life-threatening attack and went out killing soldier ants with a bazooka.

And, I said something happening in the past doesn't mean it will happen in the present. There's no certainty.
Again, you took that to mean ''it cannot happen''.

Like Chelsea need to deal with their defense, you need to deal with your comprehension of the English Language. grin
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by silvernice(m): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2009
Lose or not. chelsea cannot win the premier league title. they can only enjoy the feeling of staying on the top. once the time reaches man utd is the pdp of england. they will come and take their property from chelsea. haba poor chelsea. they are still confused on which trophy to win.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2009
silvernice:

Lose or not. chelsea cannot win the premier league title. they can only enjoy the feeling of staying on the top. once the time reaches man utd is the pdp of england. they will come and take their property from chelsea. haba poor chelsea. they are still confused on which trophy to win.  

You see that right there, Nateevs? No clause.
Now that is a full statement, no conditions, no clauses.

That's the type you should unleash yourself on. Not statements like:

''Chelsea will not sustain an unbeaten run with their defense this shambolic, and with Cech this shaky''.

. . .the part in italics is the clause. The first part of the statement depends on the other. Ya dig? grin grin
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Emperoh(m): 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2009
Ngwanu!!!

Simple Comprehension U two cannot understood!! grin grin grin
Ehh oo gini di ihe a?

Abeg, make una talk another thing!!
United couldn't take advantage of Chelsea that is it. . . .full stop!! Shuo!!

Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Ibime(m): 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2009
Cristalz:

You see that right there, Nateevs? No clause.
Now that is a full statement, no conditions, no clauses.

That's the type you should unleash yourself on. Not statements like:

''Chelsea will not sustain an unbeaten run with their defense this shambolic, and with Cech this shaky''.

. . .the part in italics is the clause. The first part of the statement depends on the other. Ya dig? grin grin

I know things are really hard for you right now, thats why I dedicate my final selection to you:

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlQcJAjYxaI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2009
I really thought United will zero in tonight.
Alas, Gabby my brother came through.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by nateevs(m): 10:50pm On Dec 12, 2009
I decided to take you to the beginning . . .

This is what I said first. . .

Shambolic defending? . . . It's a blip and you know it . . when we sort it out; which we will, we will be flying. .

Then you came back with

As for your defending, you lost to Blackburn. Lost to City. Conceded 3 goals against wobbly Everton that could easily have been avoided.
You think that's a ''blip''? I don't. I think it's a problem.

You see. . .

Well you knew all along that . . .

Which means if we shape up we will.

Why then did you start the . .

Sustain that run.  .  .not with this defense and this Cech, you won't.

I didn't say you can't climb Everest with these same players.  .  .I said not with this defense and this Cech.
By that, I mean with them being in this current shambolic form.

Second, it's not just about the players, it's about their F-O-R-M.

With your defense this poor and with Cech this shaky, you cannot sustain an unbeaten run
?

When you knew all along that . . . .

Which also means if we do . . we can sustain a run

Now isn't this like I said a run of meaningless arguments?  when I rightly said from the start that. . .

Shambolic defending? . . . It's a blip and you know it . . when we sort it out; which we will, we will be flying.

Now who's struggling to comprehend. ?
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by rasputinn(m): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2009
Why has the thread topic not been modified to show the scores,it wouldn't cahnge anything now not to change it,would it
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2009
Nateevs, is your case really this bad? undecided grin

Everything you have quoted(nice effort.  .  .you really have time grin), everything means the same.

It's the same meaning.  .  .
''If your defense doesn't shape up, you will not have an unbeaten run.''

''Sustain that run.  .  .not with this defense and this Cech, you won't.''
(I explained this statement too, told you I meant with them in their current poor form).

''It's not just about the players, it's about their form''

''With your defense this poor and with Cech this shambolic, you will not sustain an unbeaten run''

Please, don't tell me you cannot see the above statements mean the same thing.
Passed the same message in different arrangements of similar/the same words.

You're the one that didn't get it, and went talking about player names and past feats. Haba.
Nateevs, you're the one with comprehension issues.

Check your own replies to me and see if the message is as consistent as mine. It is not. 'Cos you're the one that couldn't/didn't understand me.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2009
Nateevs, leave dem alone.
Let 'em lick their wounds alone.

We still top the league,
That's all that matters this week and next.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Ibime(m): 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2009
OK, I was gonna close my set, but the crowd is requesting another song. . . . this one is dedicated to our darling mod. . . . last song of the night. . . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEo4XGDudnY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by nateevs(m): 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2009
Still the same problem . . .
You haven't seen me say they are different. . .

I quoted them because they are the same things . . . and over and over you said them.
And that's is the part you don't get . . .

Why would you continue to say them over and over again when I rightly said . . .

Shambolic defending? . . . It's a blip and you know it . . when we sort it out; which we will, we will be flying. .

from the beginning. . . Which happens strangely to be the same thing with all you said.

So if you understood what I said from the beginning as being the same with what you wanted to say (Or have said now) . . . Why even bother. . ?

Which just confirms what I have been saying. . . You have embarked on a run of meaningless arguments . . because from the start I said . . .

Now you check it all and return to me. . .
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Cristalz(f): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2009
@BD
I'm trying to teach the guy Grammar Comprehension 201 and you are talking about wound-licking.

Just bought him a book too.  .  .A Well Called Conclusion: How To Not Jump Into It. grin

@Ibime
Go get some sleep.  .  .church tomorrow.

@Nateevs
Now, you've gotta be fair here.
Why are you ignoring your diversion into past seasons, proof that Chelsea bounced back from whatever ailments, player names, etc etc?

I continued drumming my point into your small or big or medium head when you flew off in that tangent.
Wanted you to get my very simple message.
But you refused to see it, kept going on and on about how Mohammed climbed the mountain.

If you had simply concurred and not gone off defending a non-existent attack, why would I have kept repeating the same thing?
If you saw I was simply repeating the same thing, why didn't you just say ''Hey, I already said that. We're saying the same thing''? You didn't. Instead you kept going on and on.

Dearie, you've got comprehension issues, and you let your support blind you. It's okay, it happens.
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by Ibime(m): 11:20pm On Dec 12, 2009
hehehehehe. . . . Crizzle nngwanu, haputa osiso.

Nateevs, come lets go watch MOTD and leave these lots to drown their sorrows.  grin
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by nateevs(m): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2009
Fair? . .
How can you talk about fair. . . When I talked first. . . I made a statement that said . .

Your next statement was . .

As for your defending, you lost to Blackburn. Lost to City. Conceded 3 goals against wobbly Everton that could easily have been avoided.
You think that's a ''blip''? I don't. I think it's a problem. Grin

You said it was not a blip but a problem . . I questioned why you see it as a problem and not a blip quoting "it was a blip this time last year and it was solved with the same players" . . At this point I said I went back in time to disprove your statement saying it was a problem and not a blip. . .

So you saying I went on diversion is highly incorrect because at this point it was clearly relevant for me to do so.

Instead you came back with frivolous statements like

I didn't say you can't climb Everest with these same players.  .  .I said not with this defense and this Cech.
By that, I mean with them being in this current shambolic form.

You went on about form and this and that only to come back to say . .
If we sort it out we can go on a run . . . Which is exactly what I said from the start. .  

If you were not in the mood for meaningless arguments, you should have said from the start - "I agree Nateevs, if you sort it out you will go on a run"

Now you got off the wrong foot. . . deflect the argument along the way. . then try to come back with a smart one which looks obviously insane to me . . that you've been saying so from the start . . and now you are talking about fair. . .

You really are deluded . . and suffering from the Utd loss  . . I understand . .
However try to make sense of what you talking about rather than concentrating on insults . .

You were off the mark . . . You went on a rant . . a long run of absolutely meaningless and empty arguments . .
Simple. .
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by debosky(m): 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2009
See these stubborn children. When grammatical issues arise, you are supposed to call in your elders like the man who invented grammar to resolve. tongue

Even for me these endless epistles, quotes and counter quotes are hurting my eyes. grin
Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa [0 - 1] On Sat 12th Dec by MrCrackles(m): 11:32pm On Dec 12, 2009
Crizzle just go to bed. . . .  grin tongue tongue tongue
The loss today has left you feeling broken and defeated. . . . tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fulham Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 9th April 2012 / Atletico De Madrid Withdraws From The European Super League / At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.