Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] (3769 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Snakes On Planet / 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) / 7 World's Most Dangerous Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by thonyrule(m): 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
While many people love snakes and even keep them as pets, others are flat-out terrified of them. Here are the 5 most dangerous snakes in the world.
1. Belcher’s Sea Snake

These slender, striped snakes may be familiar to you, perhaps even from personal experience. Sea snakes are typically pretty passive and won’t harm you unless they feel threatened. A threatened sea snake may bite you, releasing its venom. Only about a quarter of sea snake bites contain venom, but the sea snake is the most venomous snake on the planet. A few milligrams of Belcher’s Sea Snake venom is enough to kill a thousand people, making the sea snake the most dangerous snake in the world in terms of venomousness—even though it is typically harmless.

2. Rattlesnake

The rattlesnake is one of the most recognizable snakes in the Americas. It’s hard to miss the rattle at the end of the tail which gives this snake its name. The rattlesnake is actually a type of viper, and is quite venomous. The most dangerous snakes in this species are the young Eastern Diamondbacks. When treated promptly, fewer than 4% of rattlesnake bites are fatal, but when left untreated, all bites are potentially lethal. Rattlesnake venom can damage organs and prevent blood from clotting, leading to paralysis, breathing problems and massive bleeding. Losing a limb is not uncommon.

3. Death Adder

Everyone knows the story about how Cleopatra killed herself with the aid of an adder. This type of adder is found in Australia and New Guinea and looks a lot like a viper. Death adders are so dangerous that they hunt down other snakes, hiding in wait before leaping out and attacking their prey. Venom from a death adder will cause paralysis, respiratory failure, and death within just six hours. Around half of all untreated patients will die from Death Adder bites. With prompt treatment however, death is unlikely.

4. Inland Taipan

The venom from a single bite of an Inland Taipan can kill as many as 100 people. That may seem like nothing compared to the Belcher’s Sea Snake, but it’s still pretty impressive! While the rattlesnake is the most dangerous snake in the Americas, this snake is ten times more venomous. It is fairly passive however and keeps to itself; encounters with the Inland Taipan are relatively rare.

5. Eastern Brown Snake

The Eastern Brown Snake is not only very venomous, but also very aggressive, which makes it one of the most dangerous snakes in the world. This snake is native to Australia, and will often make its home in populous locations. Furthermore, it will actually chase down a person it perceives as a threat. It prefers not to bite, but will do so repeatedly if it decides to attack. Less than half of the bites are poisonous, but they do contain neurotoxins which cause paralysis and can be lethal.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by farouk0403(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
Lalasticala food don land,

Military zone keep off, let me know if we reach our destination, I wan sleep small

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by ninovandross(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by Bishop4bella(m): 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
La-la your turn to do the needful.
Front page thinz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by Benikuuse(m): 6:34pm On Feb 24, 2017
Too Bad Thank God For Nigeria, Especially Benue These Snakes Are Rare Here

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by okosodo: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
Only the inland taipan can beat the black mamba. The list is inconsistent with facts. Sea snakes do not bite

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
Snakes are so so scary. I don't think it matters to me whether a specie is venomous or not. I definitely won't wait to check if it is or not.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by meeky007(m): 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
I JUST HATE SNAKES!!

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by Osasnidas(m): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
why always Australia
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by ThatIgboBoy: 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
This one wey lala never react

E be like him dey dance kerewa this friday night

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by judey1992(m): 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
what about the puff adder and black mamba?
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by DonHummer(m): 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
Bar man get me 2 bottles of star
one plate of nkwobi make I use cool body cos I am snaking on lala's highway to the front page
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by thonyrule(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
both are ranked 2 and 1 largest venomous snakes in Africa respectively but falls to 6 and 5 in the world
judey1992:
what about the puff adder and black mamba?
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by betterABIAstate: 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
Inland taipan is number one, fake list.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by PhilAmadeus: 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
I love documentary.....once watched on Nat Geo Wild about World deadliest snake....that rattlesnake amazed me...the snake go dey shake d tip of d tail to give a vibrating sound which in turn Will distract any prey...just one bite..#Lobatan

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by Austin234(m): 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Interesting knowlegde. Snake!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by constance500: 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
Let's move to the permanent site grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by mykelmeezy: 12:39am On Feb 25, 2017
list cannot be complete without

black mamba or
satan the serpent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by thonyrule(m): 5:52am On Feb 25, 2017
Black Mamba is ranked 6th in the world and 1st in Africa
mykelmeezy:
list cannot be complete without

black mamba or
satan the serpent
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by liljboy(m): 6:43am On Feb 25, 2017
Australia and dangerous animals be like 5&6.
I hate snakes like die. if you watch Nat Geo Wild's king cobra documentary, guy you go fear those large long things..... one more time, I HATE SNAKES.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by Olamyyde(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2017
If lala doesn't put this on front-page let me be banned till 2025 grin

nairaland front-page password:
tonto dike(since 2012)
snake
MMM
daddy freeze

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by potbelly(m): 8:53am On Feb 25, 2017
Lala how far na... Food don done... grin
Password - snake... tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by iamoyindamola(m): 11:21am On Feb 25, 2017
I day tell one guy for here say rattle snakes are more dangerous compare to black mamba.... He day argue

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 25, 2017
My skin crawls when i stare at those pics sad
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by domido(m): 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
If e no reach FP make I know why. Lala,oya.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by thonyrule(m): 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
domido:
If e no reach FP make I know why. Lala,oya.
Lala no gree o
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by domido(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
thonyrule:
Lala no gree o
Make we dey watch nah. E go gree.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by tydi(m): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
ftp material.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] by ibroh22(m): 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
I don pitch my tent,waiting for FP

(1) (Reply)

Who can solve this quantitative reasoning questions / WUFPBK 2018/2019 Admission List Is Out. / Project Topic Otm(secretaral Studies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.