Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879282 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
platypelloid:
Early this morning, I got UBC Admission not successful in one of the two courses applied for.

This UBC sef Na bad school oh!
On top of my strong profile!!
I've been weak since'!!

Be hopeful and keep the dream alive.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
feguson123:
Helloooooo ladies/gentlemen..i earlier applied to USA last year and was denied and den I was customarily married but now we are seperated by our customs,do I need a divorce certificate since I'm applying to canada for study permit..or I just need to fill it in the form that I was earlier married or must I get a divorce cert? Urgent please

Who handled your USA app? Agents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freeradical(m): 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Osemigho:

Congrats. I don't understand. Getting a supervisor after admission was a criteria or what?
I read the mail too quickly. The graduate program coordinator was just trying to tell me that they are considering me for conditional admission (all international students are given a condition of sending official transcript). She urged me to start contacting the faculty members to discuss funding and research interests even though my application has been made available to them.

So it's d same ship of get supervisor and get in that I'm sailing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
Austinpee4:

If you can convience a visa officer why you are going for another undergraduate degree just after finishing one, you could well be on your way to canada. Firstly, gain admission for your desired program first.

On the other hand, i personally feel you should wait and get your results and also see if you can go for a higher degree instead.It's up to you all the same.
The canadian study process will test your patience so you may start now by exercising that as you begin to make the best decision moving forward.

He/she should just relax if expecting a good CGPA.

In as much as we desire to be in Canada in the next second, we really need to relax, read, and strategize.

We wey get admission was told to relax and enjoy it till when information will be available to us.

He be like say Na chilling mode dem dey do for that side. No gragra things and you can not "gra gra" dem.

It is well. It shall end with praises. cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
pokerboy:
Please Help!!!
Hello Guys
I was requested to go ahead with medicals on Feb 5 by CIC...
I underwent my medicals on Feb 13 @ The Consultant's & Children's Practice (Ikoyi)...
They took 7 working days to review after which they forwarded the results to CIC (I tracked thia with consistent calls to the hospital)
Seven working days ended on Feb 22...
I have not received any mail of notification from CIC as regards th medicals...
(I applied via paper route in Lagos while my application is being processed in Ghana...)
Pls what can I do ?
Pls pray along with me o... I am getting scared & worried...
Thanks...

Link your application online....it's possible your medical status has been updated !

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kennyliza: 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hello peeps, information is keyyyyyy. how I wish I have been going through this thread before today. Please I need advise from you guys, I submitted my TRV application today (March 2,2017) at Lagos VAC office ,lekki phase 1 but failed to disclose that I was denied us visa 2 years ago. What should I do now please? Though I have sent a mail to LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca for withdrawal of application this night. What is my fate good people of nairaland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lovesavvi: 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
Pls house for someone having HND in physics with electronics and want to do post graduate certificate in wireless networking infrastructure. hope there is progression in both course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ask1509(m): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
Osemigho:

We wey get admission was told to relax and enjoy it till when information will be available to us.

He be like say Na chilling mode dem dey do for that side. No gragra things and you can not "gra gra" dem.

It is well. It shall end with praises. cool
Hello Osemigho, have you been granted admission for your MSc application in Calgary? I'm asking because I'm yet to hear anything from my own Calgary app for MSc in stats (and the other apps I made in other schools). Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2017
penitential:
@ifydio, congratulations.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
kennyliza:
Hello peeps, information is keyyyyyy. how I wish I have been going through this thread before today. Please I need advise from you guys, I submitted my TRV application today (March 2,2017) at Lagos VAC office ,lekki phase 1 but failed to disclose that I was denied us visa 2 years ago. What should I do now please? Though I have sent a mail to LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca for withdrawal of application this night. What is my fate good people of nairaland

Copy accraimmigration@international.gc.ca as well. You should explain in details the circumstance surrounding the refusal. Apply to withdraw your application in order to effect necessary correction. It is a good thing they didn't find out on their own. Demonstrate bona fide intentions by applying to unequivocally withdraw your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by iamosamede55: 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
iamosamede55:
Gurus, in the house. Please i intend applying for SOWP very soon these are the documents i am working with
FORM IMM1295
IMM 5707
Study permit
proof of full time registeration
Proof of address in canada
Marriage Certificatate
Wedding Pictures
Letter of explanation

Though proof of fund is nt a complusory attachment we will be including
Canadian Account statement to show that i can support my wife for the duration of her study if she doesn;t get a job within that time
My wife's statement of account
Her Employment letter/ pay slips

Pls i need more advice on documents to add or take out. Thank yoy

pls kindly help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
A little advise for newbies, silent followers and the rest of us.
Please guyz, It will not be enough to just ask questions here and believe it will be sufficient for you regarding your admission and study permit issues. Take sometime out to read information on the school website, contact the university if need be, visit CIC website often, google out specific information and be well informed too.It will give us some level of control and it will better prepare us to summount any of the challenges we will be facing when we eventually begin the study in which we have seeked/seeking admission and a study permit for.
Honestly, this will be one of our greatest weapon especially in this our study intentions and as we make progress in our choosen endeavors.

Also, if you feel your issue is really bothering and need urgent assistance, spill it out, make it brief and concise. Endeavour to give a short summary of your profile/case so a broader assesment of your issue is analyzed to give you optimal advise,suggestions and solutions.

Some questions have previously been answered on this and previous part of this thread, you may do well too by going through previous pages when you are less busy, if it's still difficult to find what you want, ask questions that suggest you have done your own work/search,that way people will be at your aid knowing you have put in little effort.

Remember, people here are not obligated to answer you. Thankfully enough, we are blessed with great guys here helping freely and i personally want to use this opportunity to thank them for their unending assistance and readiness to help others. God bless you guyz!

Finally, I know it's quite challenging in nigeria and the general urge to seek better live is creeping in more than the actual intentions of going to canada to study. I feel this should even make us stand out in canada having faced all we have.
If you have been fortunate enough to get your study permit, go there and set an enviable standard both for yourself, classmates and people around you. Change the paradigm. Truth is, when we are outstanding and doing well, every other thing will fall in place and we would live to share some of the greatest testimonies of our live time.

I truly pray that our heart desires are fulfilled and we become happier at the end and also become the best of ourselves YET!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 10:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
maygreaves:
Phew!!!
Been following this thread since 9. Just finally caught up.
Great Job being done here.
I just applied to Seneca College. Financial Planning (PGD)
Economics B.sc, second class lower.

How soon should i expect a response?

Anyone whos at/planning on going to Seneca?
The final Goal is an M.sc in economics.

Hi bro,

Same here i applied to Seneca, Business administration in international trading.

Though just paid the application fee, student email and user id given to me, nothing again have been heard from them. am still waiting for an update.

We can always reach other run things together pls pm me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by pokerboy: 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
yemdogg:

Link your application online....it's possible your medical status has been updated !

Ok thanks... Do i use sign in partner or GC key ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ozzy2: 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, please how do i go about upfront medicals? Is there a form i need to download from cic website? Also will d result be handed over to me to add to my documents afterward?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
guzzst:
Good day all,

I finally picked my passport today and d reason I wasn't given is (your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of :your qualifications,previous studies,employment,level of establishment or. Your future prospects and plans. 2 you have not. Satisfied me that u would leave Canada at the end of your stay. purpose of visit. You guys should let me know what to do next,i want to reapply and respond to this concerns. remember my initial post where I said I studies economics and graduated 2004 and since then I have been working in diff banks. Please how should my response look like cos I really want to studdy supply chain mgt but can't do masters direct cos I had a 2.2 in my undergraduate. I expect u guys to start advising me on whether to do upfront medicals,online application,cos I know fit give them my passport for such a long time again o...assist. A brother
I know you must have applied for pgd(c)/diploma but what was the program name you opted to studied in canada.if I may advise quit the program and go for masters if possible or you choose another country

*TRV Doctor*

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
henrinco:

Mikymiko ibu onye nna... I greet you Sir
grin baba bu onye nna,i miss his absence.gentle guy@mikymiko
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by twoc: 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hello justwise, great job you guys are doing here, welldone. pls I read a few comments saying they did medicals upfront. Is it possible to do medicals without a letter from cic to go for one? pls advise, my school resumes in May, I need to do all I can do to facilitate my visa processing. Can I go for medicals in one of the listed hospitals without a letter ?
Thank you

justwise:
Welcome to Canadian student visa thread part 12

We have Part 11 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

A big thank you to all the contributors, really appreciate your contributions and good luck to all TRV hopefuls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Byjerstyk: 11:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
[quote author=wealth360 post=54214975]

Bro u mailed me and I replied you but you didn't get back to me again.
I will be able to supply you IELTS study packs when you are ready. You can study on your own oooo if you wish. Try to find a partime job also. Pray for open doors. I will also advise you wait for your result and transcript because it will aid your admission application fast when you want to seek for supervisors. You don't need to do second B.sc again.....why d retarding? Bros move forward abeg.[/quote}]
Boss, like sincerely have been searching for the purported message you said you sent to my mail, but to be frank with you sir, i didn't see any!.
I would be very grateful to have the IELT Pack directly for proper learning as you said and also a direct contact to you for more enlightenment boss.
Either your email or contact would be highly appreciated.
My mail; B.jaymarvellous@gmail.com

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Byjerstyk: 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2017
wealth360:

Bro u mailed me and I replied you but you didn't get back to me again.
I will be able to supply you IELTS study packs when you are ready. You can study on your own oooo if you wish. Try to find a partime job also. Pray for open doors. I will also advise you wait for your result and transcript because it will aid your admission application fast when you want to seek for supervisors. You don't need to do second B.sc again.....why d retarding? Bros move forward abeg.

Boss, like sincerely have been searching for the purported message you said you sent to my mail, but to be frank with you sir, i didn't see any!.
I would be very grateful to have the IELT Pack directly for proper learning as you said and also a direct contact to you for more enlightenment boss.

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
This thread is starved of students experience in Canada.

Many get their visa and is goodbye.

At best, they post POE experience that's all.

We have little information on students experience in Canada.

The U.S. thread is way different. A lot still come back to help and share stories.

Don't tell my busy, It's a choice. No one is too busy.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by omoyemela: 11:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
michV:
I know you must have applied for pgd(c)/diploma but what was the program name you opted to studied in canada.if I may advise quit the program and go for masters if possible or you choose another country

*TRV Doctor*

Not everyone has the academic qualification to apply for msc. There is no law that says Canadian study permit is only meant for msc applicant. Please don't discourage him from reapplying if he doesn't have the academic qualification for msc as there has been successful applicant with pgc/pgd on this thread. Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 12:45am On Mar 03, 2017
pokerboy:

Ok thanks... Do i use sign in partner or GC key ?

Gc key

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 03, 2017
omoyemela:

Not everyone has the academic qualification to apply for msc. There is no law that says Canadian study permit is only meant for msc applicant. Please don't discourage him from reapplying if he doesn't have the academic qualification for msc as there has been successful applicant with pgc/pgd on this thread. Many thanks
excuse me? Mind you I questioned ''what's the name of the intended program in particular not PGC(D)'' as I had already seen somewhere he re-posted that he opted for PGC program.furthermore I never went against his option for PGC. However, he applied with a pgc program which does not correlate with his background and the VO heavily talked down on that and you expect me to encourage fruitless mission? Mind you in canada,you can't see any Pgc program fully related not partially to ECONOMICS and even BANKING if i am right except in masters level. I don't talk insensible on this thread,I will say it again it is either he goes for masters program if possible,or choose another country or he continues reapplying with that program/even with supply-chain management he is suggesting for,10pages of SOP wouldn't salvage the situation and still he would be getting that same refusal reasons.
you can go and encourage him as i don't encourage mediocre applications.

*TRV DOCTOR* in case you don't know

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 1:04am On Mar 03, 2017
Byjerstyk:

Thanks boss

I will mail u don't worry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Byjerstyk: 1:17am On Mar 03, 2017
wealth360:

I will mail u don't worry

Gracia
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Finestlex(m): 1:32am On Mar 03, 2017
feguson123:
Goodmorning house,im delighted how you guys treat issue in this trend,i have a quick question,i want to use my mum as my sponsor and she is no longer married to my father,she has remarried which has changed her surname from mine,what document do you need to proove she is my mum?
divorce cert. And new wedding cert
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Finestlex(m): 1:42am On Mar 03, 2017
Genius000:

The U.S. thread is way different. A lot still come back to help and share stories.

you're Damn right. I'm one of them but I ain't proud of it. Life here is too busy, trust me. Coupled with time difference. Lots of bills to pay. I tried to keep up with NL when I got here in 2014 but Seneca college showed me pepper. I was working more than I was supposed to cos I be igbo man. Been a relief since I finished my two graduate certificate programs at Seneca last year December . Now we on the hustle of getting a job, thinking about PR, when to visit Naija. I still Salute and respect chrigo and miss bon for their contributions here. The hustle is real here. My email works best for me finestlex@gmail.com

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 4:20am On Mar 03, 2017
freeradical:

I read the mail too quickly. The graduate program coordinator was just trying to tell me that they are considering me for conditional admission (all international students are given a condition of sending official transcript). She urged me to start contacting the faculty members to discuss funding and research interests even though my application has been made available to them.

So it's d same ship of get supervisor and get in that I'm sailing

Ok. Although I don't understand how your program work, cos mine put the supervisor thing first before applying, I believe you should send faculty members nice email introducing yourself. Don't rush into it. Calm down and read on it. Check my downline for a format - you dont have to use it. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Aghatise: 5:50am On Mar 03, 2017
Please could anyone offer guidance where a SOP is attached during an online application for Canadian study permit. Will truly appreciate that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 03, 2017
ifydio:
My God is a miracle worker my God is a glorious God. God ways is just perfect. My visa application is official approved. Thanks @austinpee4, @macindy and everyone else for your encouraging words at a time that I was giving up.

Lambton college :Cyber security and computer forensic(2yrs).PGC
Applied 21st September 2016 (online)
Biometrics 22nd
Mail requesting for my UG certificate 14 December
Medical mail 6 February 2017
Medical passed 13th February
Passport request 27 February
Approval 2nd March.
Document submitted:
Birth certificate (national population )
Cv
Sop
Sponsor Brother
Sponsor documets
SOA (Naira) closing balance 21m
SOA (dollar ) 9,700.
Account affidavit.
Investment in bounds with his company(sole signatory ) 400m
Certificate of incorporation of company
Properties worth over 200m
Latter of sponsorship
Data page of international passport
Affidavit of sponsor.
No prove of relationship(we look alike alot).
Hopefully I didn't forget any submitted document.

May the God lord grant all hopefuls there heart desires.
Thanks fam.

CONGRATS BRO...MAY LORD BE WITH YOU ALWAYS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wiljen120: 6:45am On Mar 03, 2017
Genius000:

You're right, there is even a thread on NL about the experiences of Nigerian students in Canada and how they are surviving but the thread is dead to me because it takes a minimum of two weeks before you could get any reply

This thread is solely meant for admission and study permit seekers..... I think we should add that to this new part in order to give room for peeps over there to share their experiences

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.