Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880220 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MissOlawumi(f): 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
bluegirl080115:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
seyiT:
Hello fellow TRV hopefuls. Pls can CIC reject one's visa application even after medicals has been passed?
Someone tell me sometin

As at last year, medical request doesn't translate to TRV approval. Several applications were denied even after medical request.

I have not seen such cases this year. There is now a little bit of assurance that your visa will be approved after medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
@Osemigho, congrats for your visa. Thank God you made it.

Guys

My online eligibility review has been like this since 1st of June:

Application/profile details:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Please who has the same status?

@Osemigho,,please how long was your eligibility review under review before approval?

Congrats to all Trv hopeful. We shall celebrate soon.,Amen

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
My people how una dey....Longest time. I'm indeed very sorry for being MIA.

I have been superbusy at work lately and a lot of have happened in the past few weeks, my visa application delay being one of them. I give thanks to God. I didn't learn my lesson from my previous refusal apparently grin. I took a calculated risk in using a program that is not directly related or consistent with my previous study to apply for trv. Despite the patent inconsistency. Before I applied for visa, i was given an offer of admission for a program that is directly related to my previous study but because of fees and no hope of funding from the program, I opted for another program that is cheaper but not directly related to my previous study. I knew the risk, yet I took it. It was plain stupidity but I learnt my lesson. Although I managed to convince myself that the two programs are connected, however, it appears the VO does not share my view as enshrined and contained in my sop hence purpose of visit. This does not in any way undermine the importance of an sop. After I submitted my application, It became dawn on me that I messed up, I should have applied with the LLM program notwithstanding the fee. More importantly since a colleague of mine was earlier refused because of the same program. So it is fair to say that I kinda saw it coming grin

Now I have learnt my lesson.....never take risk whether calculated or not, the VO may not understand the formula you used in arriving at the conclusion when it comes to Canadian Study permit application. grin

I have moved on sha cheesy......EE is the new deal for me.

To all those whose applications have been approved, I congratulate and celebrate you. Particularly my brother from another womb osemigho, God bless you abundantly my dear friend. This is the beginning of new achievements and success to come. I'm really proud of you baba. .

CanadianNurse! I'm not unmindful of your success. Your trv approval is well deserved. Go and do us proud. Austinpee4...how far? Where's MichV? Eraytee and rest, I salute you all.

And to those expecting decision from cic.....keep calm, God is already working in your favour. Whatever the outcome of the application is, it will favour you all in Jesus name.

For those that fall in the 3rd category, keep calm also, for greater things are coming. grin. That I can assure you,

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by manlikegb: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
Mysine:

Thank you very much, I'll definately consider that. I was rejected once tho, it was because I applied in Canada. That was the only reason as I was told to apply in Nigeria.
So will you advice I write that in the SOP? Because I wanted to draft a letter of explanation

@Mysine, what was your status in Canada when you applied previously for a study permit? Was it on visiting or something else?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
opylas:

I'm really inspired by your story. Can I be one?

Why not? But can't do it alone. You will have to be willing to learn yourself, here, and from others.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tipsytope(m): 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hello, pls how long does it take to get medical mail? I did paper route May 23.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
yemdogg:

I have moved on sha cheesy......EE is the new deal for me,

Thumbs. God will make it happen. Congrats to us ahead of time. We shall celebrate you too in a bigger way. The PR way!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
CPA01:

@Osemigho,,please how long was your eligibility review under review before approval?

No idea. My focus Was always on the application status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
nobleman23:

I just got notification confirming my M Sc. admission and admission letter will be issued soon after i've lost hope on the admission. The problem is i applied for fall term, and visa application takes minimum of 3 months to process, so that means fall term will not be possible.

Gather your document, send your program email that you will need a soft copy of your admission letter once it is ready, and do upfront medicals.

List of successful documents are on TheSoj post timeline. Search for it and use it to reflect your strengths. Ask questions if you need comment on each document. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
crixcrox:

Pls can you review my sop for me @osemigho

Visa sop? When do you intend to submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
Osemigho:
Cic email just entered. Correspondence letter received. Applied for visa till September 01, 2019 but was issued valid Visa till December 01, 2019.
Congratulations once again bro, may God continue to see us all through. Pls try and book ur flight asap as the cost will be increasing by the day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
yemdogg:

I have been superbusy at work lately and a lot of have happened in the past few weeks, my visa application delay being one of them. I give thanks to God. I didn't learn my lesson from my previous refusal apparently grin. I took a calculated risk in using a program that is not directly related or consistent with my previous study to apply for trv. Despite the patent inconsistency. Before I applied for visa, i was given an offer of admission for a program that is directly related to my previous study but because of fees and no hope of funding from the program, I opted for another program that is cheaper but not directly related to my previous study. I knew the risk, yet I took it. It was plain stupidity but I learnt my lesson. Although I managed to convince myself that the two programs are connected, however, it appears the VO does not share my view as enshrined and contained in my sop hence purpose of visit. This does not in any way undermine the importance of an sop. After I submitted my application, It became dawn on me that I messed up, I should have applied with the LLM program notwithstanding the fee. More importantly since a colleague of mine was earlier refused because of the same program. So it is fair to say that I kinda saw it coming grin

Now I have learnt my lesson.....never take risk whether calculated or not, the VO may not understand the formula you used in arriving at the conclusion when it comes to Canadian Study permit application. grin

To all those whose applications have been approved, I congratulate and celebrate you. Particularly my brother from another womb osemigho, God bless you abundantly my dear friend. This is the beginning of new achievements and success to come. I'm really proud of you baba. .

CanadianNurse! I'm not unmindful of your success. Your trv approval is well deserved. Go and do us proud. Austinpee4...how far? Where's MichV? Eraytee and rest, I salute you all.

And to those expecting decision from cic.....keep calm, God is already working in your favour. Whatever the outcome of the application is, it will favour you all in Jesus name.

For those that fall in the 3rd category, keep calm also, for greater things are coming. grin. That I can assure you,

The Lord is your strength my brother. Goodluck with EE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sonne20: 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
pls house ..I studied educational management and I intend applying for sustainable business practice... pls I want to know is there any relation between the two course...course I want to change to another course.... tanks for ur response...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
Osemigho:

Gather your document, send your program email that you will need a soft copy of your admission letter once it is ready, and do upfront medicals.

List of successful documents are on TheSoj post timeline. Search for it and use it to reflect your strengths. Ask questions if you need comment on each document. Good luck.

Boss, Good day.
How can i search for particular posts or use a keyword to find somethings on the thread.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michellleo: 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
It's still possible to meet up with Sept if u reapply immediately without your Nigerian Child. Write a very good SOP. The Child and your husband will serve as home tie.

I had 2 consecutive app in 2014. The first was rejected for purpose of visit because I applied with my Nigerian Child. I immediately reapplied alone and that was it.

Msp:
Hello,

Sorry about the delay! In my opinion, do not reapply without your gcms note. Yes, you might be thinking of resuming this September but I think you should just look forward to January 2018.

The purpose of visit refusal was not because of your Nigerian son. I think it was because of your other children. I just read a gcms note with a similar reason. The PA stated she won't be travelling with her kids(Americans) and the VO believed there's nothing stopping the kids from going over to Canada since they do not require a Visa. The VO concluded that the PA is just using studies to migrate to Canada.

My advice is for you to get your gcms note, you'll be surprised at the reasons stated but above all you would know how to tackle the reasons for denial.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
2017 and 2014 is quite sometime buddy! Be precise and hit the nail at the point. Why get delayed for a second time knowing fully well that your old application will serve as a reference point for your next app. Get the GCMS file dear.

Cheers!
Michellleo:
It's still possible to meet up with Sept if u reapply immediately without your Nigerian Child. Write a very good SOP. The Child and your husband will serve as home tie.

I had 2 consecutive app in 2014. The first was rejected for purpose of visit because I applied with my Nigerian Child. I immediately reapplied alone and that was it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
yemdogg:

Sorry about that bro, God knows best. Best of luck with EE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Roboma: 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
Sharles:
I just checked my account now and I have been refused, it's says I did not meet eligibility. But the final decision is still blank. I applied on the 28th april. PGD ,MUN. I will order for gmc to know whats up. Please how do I go about applying for my gmc

Hi Sharles, please did you do an online or paper application? Also did you get a mail from CIC this morning ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mich4Canny: 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
Michellleo:

Hello
Thank you so much for this word of encouragement...can we chat or discuss some more? Obviously I have a lot to learn from you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by gbsunmonu: 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2017
seyiT:
Hello fellow TRV hopefuls. Pls can CIC reject one's visa application even after medicals has been passed?
Someone tell me sometin

It is possible ... It is happening
A friend was refused after medical last year for insufficient fund .
The catch is , once you dont get approval mail . it is 95% delay , doesnt mean 100% , dont get wrong
I am talking from experience . I have seen more than 3 scenarios
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tommee: 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
Osemigho:

Only him could have done it for the son of a pepper grinder. He sent this wonderful family to me to support the dream.

Special thanks to TheSoj for my documents review, especially my visa SOP. I frustrate the guy die as I was asking obvious questions and he will say "I am sure you know that na". He started with me since December 2016 during application period. I appreciate your time, money, efforts, advices, sacrifices, etc towards my admission and visa application. God bless you. Sir, I have some mentee too, and I hope to pass on your simpleness and sacrificing spirit to them.

Special thanks to Yemdogg, he was the one I could easily turn to for every question when our ever present and egalitarian elder -TheSoj- think I should know the answer. You are a brother from another mother. We will together celebrate something bigger. The heavens and earth will arise to make it happen for us. We were born for greatness and nothing can stop or change it. Not even ourselves can.

Thanks to nony1 for clearly telling me what to write in available funds, tuition, etc part of a cic document. No matter your offense, I owe you this one. Thank You, God bless you.

Thanks to others mentioned before, Vvvvv, Marvel4Love and many others. You all contributed to the journey.

Advise mainly from the thread was highly useful. Y'all all were my agent during the admission and visa application. I pray God will help me to contribute greatly to this mission for a very long time like TheSoj and Justwise.

Part 12 of this thread did not pass me by. I got my visa in it. Hallelujah!!!!

congrats osemigho please what should i fill in my available funds? my tution is 2yrs pgd of 4 semesters and 7,500 per semester and am also planing of payment a deposit of my first semester
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by petlaz: 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

Phd computer science boss... 18k for the fees,the extra 9k added to the already received yearly 19k from my lab...

So it covers all..
Congrats my man. Please reply my pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
Nwakire29:
Please guys help me out. Any body with relevant information should update me please. I got admission to selkirk college(advanced diploma) and i am very naive about so many of the things involved in the payment process. First and foremost how will i do the international bank transfer, secondly any body with relevant infor about transaction rate of canadian dollar to naira or do banks in Nigeria only use United States dollars for this type of transaction. I need many information. Please any body who is in selkirk college or knows some one there or may be with relevant information should contact me through my E-mail, obi2nwakire@gmail.com. Please my fellow naira landers try and help me out. So that i can pay my acceptance fee as soon as possible.

To pay your fees, go to your bank and apply for a Form A transaction with your admission letter and they will guide you from there. You would have to bid on US Dollars and the equivalent will be converted to Canadian Dollars after CBN has approved your bid.

Note: Do NOT transfer money to anyone to pay your fees for you EXCEPT you know the person. Use a bank and give them 3-7days to complete the transaction and issue you a Telex copy. After that, you can forward the Telex copy to your bank via email.

Good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
CPA01:

Guys

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
CPA01:

Guys

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
DeCrystal1:

When did you apply?

April 25

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks to vvvvv for the flight info support. House, I need more information on best flight options and reviews.

One that won't warrant breaking a bank and also cool. I am aware of Ethiopia, Egypt and Turkish. Please share your recent experience with any of it or another of such. Need to book flight asap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
tommee:

congrats osemigho please what should i fill in my available funds? my tution is 2yrs pgd of 4 semesters and 7,500 per semester and am also planing of payment a deposit of my first semester

I wrote my year 1 scholarship value which is slightly higher than full first year tuition + $10000 cad for living expenses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.