Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879997 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dotuniyi1: 12:34am On Jul 13, 2017
vanod:

Yes it's, after that you get to eligibility review then approval.

It's during the background check CIC normally request for more document or contact you if there's an issue of misrepresentation in application.

Thanks Vanod, God bless. I have not done my medicals... will they request for medicals once they are through with Background check?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 12:40am On Jul 13, 2017
dotuniyi1:

Thanks Vanod, God bless. I have not done my medicals... will they request for medicals once they are through with Background check?

If everything is fine they will send you medical mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 12:44am On Jul 13, 2017
This is 11weeks and they are still reviewing only background check. Hmmmm...even the medical we submitted along side application isn't updated for us to see. This thing no come be like wety oyinbo go do?
Abi na Ghanaian them employ wey dey keep us this long??
vanod:

Yes it's, after that you get to eligibility review then approval.

It's during the background check CIC normally request for more document or contact you if there's an issue of misrepresentation in application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 13, 2017
vanod:

Any application without upfront medicals will be showing "we are processing your background check"

After background check if all things been equal they will send you medical mail while they are reviewing your eligibility, if everything works out fine during your eligibility check next approval. tell your friend to take a chill pile, after this stage medical mail will come. my 2 cent

Mine was with upfront medicals and it is passed but it's still showing "we are processing your background check". The eligibility review is " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start"...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by IFY200: 2:00am On Jul 13, 2017
PendD:
This is 11weeks and they are still reviewing only background check. Hmmmm...even the medical we submitted along side application isn't updated for us to see. This thing no come be like wety oyinbo go do?
Abi na Ghanaian them employ wey dey keep us this long??

my point too...am not understanding cic again... shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cscd1234: 2:02am On Jul 13, 2017
God bless you for this selfless act of kindness, and replenish you.
Your children would never lack, your grand children will never lack your great grand children would never lack.
The same way you're showing up for this brother, God would show up in your matter.
I decree and declare that your heart desires are granted this very day. In the name of Jesus!!!

wengerly:

If you are coming to calgary, I can volunteer to pick you at the airport and take you to your destination anywhere within the city. Free, you already have my mail.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jahluv: 2:02am On Jul 13, 2017
Hello,

My application status shows, "Background check not applicable ". Please what does this actually means.
I kindly need your opinion.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by IFY200: 2:41am On Jul 13, 2017
Jahluv:
Hello,

My application status shows, "Background check not applicable ". Please what does this actually means.
I kindly need your opinion.

Thanks

when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jahluv: 2:51am On Jul 13, 2017
IFY200:

when did you apply?

I applied on 23 June, paper route and no upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 3:16am On Jul 13, 2017
wengerly:

Since Montreal is your first point of entry into canada, you will have to clear CBSA and get your permit in Montréal. The flight from Montreal to Winnipeg is considered a local flight.

@Canadiannurse request from Lagos that your bags should be routed/tagged to Winnipeg (by providing them with your montreal winnipeg ticket) to avoid payment for luggage. But don't forget to pick up your bags in Montreal and do a bag drop off at the check in counter for winnipeg for free.

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by IFY200: 3:37am On Jul 13, 2017
Jahluv:

cool down bro..l dont think they have started your reviews

my tots

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by princeadedayo: 4:19am On Jul 13, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Finally got my tickets to Winnipeg
Royal Air Maroc

Lagos to Casablanca (royal air Maroc)

Casablanca to Montreal(royal air Maroc)

Montréal to Winnipeg (Air Canada)

Now my question is

I think It should be Montreal since u would be claiming your bags there, that means you would be going through immigration and passport control.

Kind regards

Where do I get my study permit?
Do I have to get my luggage at Montreal and check it into air Canada?

AGAIN WHICH IS MY POINT OF ENTRY WHERE I GET MY STUDY PERMIT MONTREAL OR WINNIPEG?

CC:mesh2003 derel Austinpee4 dogice Salford1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:23am On Jul 13, 2017
wengerly:

If you are coming to calgary, I can volunteer to pick you at the airport and take you to your destination anywhere within the city. Free, you already have my mail.

Thanks. I don't have your mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:27am On Jul 13, 2017
Oluwatomisin121:
Osemigho please where can I get to read about it.

Here, if you still have time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Senatorkolade: 6:19am On Jul 13, 2017
If I have gotten approval for Canadian visit visa before and I have travelled to Canada and returned without overstay. Will they still do background check in my study permut application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adegoke75: 6:47am On Jul 13, 2017
Pls house I need a quick response on this I had my first degree bsc in 2007 and second mba in 2014. Pls I am planing to study MSC in Management science in Canada.
I want to apply with only my first degree bsc 2007 considering the year like 10 years now does it have any implications on application decision from the school? Or apply with my two degree gives me a better advantage. Pls a good advice is highly required.

I had most of the university give admission based on your previous degree year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by princeadedayo: 6:48am On Jul 13, 2017
Senatorkolade:
If I have gotten approval for Canadian visit visa before and I have travelled to Canada and returned without overstay. Will they still do background check in my study permut application?

Yes definitely, background check covers a lot, travel history, documents and financial check, and Whatever they check, God knows.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 6:50am On Jul 13, 2017
CanadianNurse, how far with your passport? Do you have it now?

To the experienced members of this house, how many weeks/days does it take dispatched passport to be ready for collection? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by princeadedayo: 6:52am On Jul 13, 2017
[quote author=adegoke75 post=58402199]Pls house I need a quick response on this I had my first degree bsc in 2007 and second mba in 2014. Pls I am planing to study MSC in Management science in Canada.
I want to apply with only my first degree bsc 2007 considering the year like 10 years now does it have any implications on application decision from the school? Or apply with my two degree gives me a better advantage. Pls a good advice is highly required.

I had most of the university give admission based on your previous

From the school, I don't think it matters, they would obviously be focusing on their minimum mark, your work experience and other things. You can use both if you feel it will strengthen your application and you can use your bachelors if your GPA is high and back it up with your work experience

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by princeadedayo: 6:59am On Jul 13, 2017
Osemigho:

To the experienced members of this house, how many weeks/days does it take dispatched passport to be ready for collection? Thank you.

About 3 days to 1 week...2 weeks (if there is a technical ish)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 13, 2017
Jahluv:

I read somewhere that it means they are done with background check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kemdy97: 7:38am On Jul 13, 2017
Please is it possible for cic to call or send us a message to our personal box??

Bkos I was thinking it is the agent that would be contacted not us..

And please how do I check d update from cic... D link please??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:52am On Jul 13, 2017
Cscd1234:
God bless you for this selfless act of kindness, and replenish you.
Your children would never lack, your grand children will never lack your great grand children would never lack.
The same way you're showing up for this brother, God would show up in your matter.
I decree and declare that your heart desires are granted this very day. In the name of Jesus!!!

AMEN!!! We need more of that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:57am On Jul 13, 2017
Osemigho:

it use to be within a week but some people don't get their's within that period
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2017
Alantobie:

I read somewhere that it means they are done with background check.

Background check starts with not applicable, turns to 'in progress' for a while, turns again to not applicable when your application when your application get to 'review of eligibility stage' and ends with completed.

NB: This is what I have noticed from my application so far.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jjxtobi: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2017
Hi guys. Im new here. First time posting buh ive been following this thread for a while... Ohk...so i did upfront medicals, and i applie....online route early june. Did biometrics around 7th....and so far...since the 10th....no update whatsoever. Havnt even passed medicals yet.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:13am On Jul 13, 2017
Yomalicious:

@Canadiannurse request from Lagos that your bags should be routed/tagged to Winnipeg (by providing them with your montreal winnipeg ticket) to avoid payment for luggage. But don't forget to pick up your bags in Montreal and do a bag drop off at the check in counter for winnipeg for free.

Cheers
Once luggages are tagged to final destination, they usually don't leave the tarmac. The handling services officials will use the tags on the luggages to load the arriving luggages into the connecting flights.

Passengers don't get to see them till final destination.
They ones without tags of transfer/connecting flights are loaded to the conveyor belt for passenger claim on arrival of the airplane.

Besides, i don't think any airline would tag, attend to tickets they did not issue or issue boarding pass for another airline they don't have a kind of agreement with. They will only issue tickets or tag luggages to where their aircraft stops if an agrement with another airline is non-existent and then passengers would go through security/immigration(if applicable), claim luggage and proceed to the next flight.

In the case in context, i think if Royal air maroc have this agreement with air canada, @CanadianNurse will be issued all his boarding pass in lagos and likely get his study permit in winnepeg since it is an International airport with facilities for international arrivals.

If air maroc doesn't, then he will have to stop over at Montreal, go through immigration, get his study permit, claim luggages and then check into air canada's flight to Winnipeg.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2017
Senatorkolade:

Yes oh. They are still doing mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 13, 2017
Hello people, I'm a silent follower on this thread. I need your advice. I am 34 years old with HND certificate. I got a bible college that is willing to give me admission for a degree program in Mission field. I intend paying the tuition after trv. Please is I'd like to know your opinion/ expert advice. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 9:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Austinpee4:

Once luggages are tagged to final destination, they usually don't leave the tarmac. The handling services officials will use the tags on the luggages to load the arriving luggages into the connecting flights.

Passengers don't get to see them till final destination.
They ones without tags of transfer/connecting flights are loaded to the conveyor belt for passenger claim on arrival of the airplane.

Besides, i don't think any airline would tag, attend to tickets they did not issue or issue boarding pass for another airline they don't have a kind of agreement with. They will only issue tickets or tag luggages to where their aircraft stops if such agrement is non-existent and then passengers would go through security/immigration(if applicable), claim luggage and proceed to the next flight.

In the case in context, i think if Royal air maroc have this agreement with air canada, @CanadianNurse will be issued all his boarding pass in lagos and likely get his study permit in winnepeg since it is an International airport with facilities for international arrivals.

If air maroc doesn't, then he will have to stop over at Montreal, go through immigration, get his study permit, claim luggages and then check into air canada's flight to Winnipeg.

If the Canadian customs and border protection rule is done at the first point of entry(like it's done in US) you are REQUIRED to pick your bags and do a drop off your selve. No bags would be transfered unless you get to your final destination and request for it (na my profession be this oh)So @austinepee if you are sure, then feel free to go ahead @Canadiannirse. But I remember vividly that my bags were tagged to Edmonton from 9ja but still picked up my bags in Toronto and did a baggage drop off at westjet but would check timatics and get back to u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.