Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880130 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 10:16am On Jul 15, 2017
Osemigho:
CanadianNurse, ok. I work 8am-5pm 5days a week though. Maybe we can go Dutch around my place of work, anytime during the week. It has some nice relaxation spots. Alternatively, who is going to Sunday's GLO fiesta at eko hotel?
Where be that? Unilag?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by marvel4love: 10:17am On Jul 15, 2017
AAOL:

Hello boss.

What is your eligibility status saying?

What is your background check saying?

What is your additional document review saying?.

I think we should all understand these questions to know the stage of our application so that we can reduce the pressure and relax a bit.

CIC has stated clearly the stages to be:

Stage 1: First review

Stage 2: Background Check

Stage 3: Review of eligibility

Stage 4: Medical mail.

From my analysis so far, once your application get to stage 3 and remains there for a very long time, then you have a very good chance of getting approval. So far, from what I have observed, applications at this stage usually get positive response.

If nothing has changed on your application and processing time has passed, I will advise you keep sending reminder mails to CIC. Attach screenshot of your online tool as well.

I believe God will show up in this coming week. Congrats to all of us waiting for trv.

NB: my personal opinion here.

My app is in going to its 17th week, my review of eligibility started showing processing first week in June and my background check changed to processing second week in July, so in my case, stage 3 started before stage 2. Expecting my medical mail to drop soon. The truth is we don't know how CIC process applications, we can't even try to guess how they process it. Let's just keep praying, hoping and speaking positive things concerning our applications. The wait is killing though but God's favor will keep speaking for us. It will end in praise

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hallasheyi92: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2017
[quote author=AAOL post=58473622]

Hello boss.

What is your eligibility status saying?

What is your background check saying?

What is your additional document review saying?.

I think we should all understand these questions to know the stage of our application so that we can reduce the pressure and relax a bit.

CIC has stated clearly the stages to be:

Stage 1: First review

Stage 2: Background Check

Stage 3: Review of eligibility

Stage 4: Medical mail.

From my analysis so far, once your application get to stage 3 and remains there for a very long time, then you have a very good chance of getting approval. So far, from what I have observed, applications at this stage usually get positive response.

If nothing has changed on your application and processing time has passed, I will advise you keep sending reminder mails to CIC. Attach screenshot of your online tool as well.

I believe God will show up in this coming week. Congrats to all of us waiting for trv.

NB: my personal opinion here.

Testimonies will abound this new week for as many if us waiting for medicals mail, medicals passed and trv approval in Jesus name. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Icandor: 10:22am On Jul 15, 2017
Darrelah:
Hmmm..it's officially going to be 14weeks for me on Monday... God I can't explain how down I feel..still processing since.. Please Words of encouragement would do..I can't find sleep or think straight.. Best of Luck to all awaiting ...I yaff tire..ok bye

Since you have not gotten a rejection mail, then be positive. A friend's processing time was close to 16weeks but after the wait, it was approved. Please be courageous. God does miracles even in last minutes.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Icandor: 10:27am On Jul 15, 2017
@ Canadian nurse I will be going to Winnipeg by his grace. Based on booking things, please I need an estimate of how much one needs to have to cover for all the flights needed to get to Winnipeg.

Will appreciate your reply.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Lagos2canna: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2017
Darrelah:
Hmmm..it's officially going to be 14weeks for me on Monday... God I can't explain how down I feel..still processing since.. Please Words of encouragement would do..I can't find sleep or think straight.. Best of Luck to all awaiting ...I yaff tire..ok bye
just be positive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 10:36am On Jul 15, 2017
All of you that like complaining you people should better stop it....or else I will padlocked your mouth. .....wetin happened you people knows once the application has past the normal time of processing....expect approval. .......Make una take time oooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2017
Icandor:
@ Canadian nurse I will be going to Winnipeg by his grace. Based on booking things, please I need an estimate of how much one needs to have to cover for all the flights needed to get to Winnipeg.

Will appreciate your reply.thanks
What you ask for is dependent on many factors

Airline
Time between when you book and when you are about to travel
Etc..... So maybe you should be more specific

I'll be in Winnipeg by next month God's willing

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by zyzzx: 10:50am On Jul 15, 2017
Good day my good people. Can one still apply for a TRV for Fall 2017 -this september- admission? I should have done so since but several bottlenecks along the way. Please respond.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2017
zyzzx:
Good day my good people. Can one still apply for a TRV for Fall 2017 -this september- admission? I should have done so since but several bottlenecks along the way. Please respond.
Thanks

Wit the recent processing time .it might or might not come out before September xo I advise u to defer it to Jan ,den u can apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 11:01am On Jul 15, 2017
masciano77:

I APPLIED on the 29th of April. They sent medical mail on the 23rd of June . Medical passed on the 12th of July
when did you do it and what hospital was it..? I just want to know the time frame from doing the medical and applying passed online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abelajayi(m): 11:02am On Jul 15, 2017
CanadianNurse:
What you ask for is dependent on many factors

Airline
Time between when you book and when you are about to travel
Etc..... So maybe you should be more specific

I'll be in Winnipeg by next month God's willing

Cheers
Good day,kindly give the details of the guy that this forum has confidence in booking flights ticket I could remember you was once directed to him but I am un able to locate the page.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aliACCA: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2017
zyzzx:
Thanks

yeah u can still apply but be ready to defer to the next available date (Jan 2018 or Fall 2018) when u do not hear CIC before resumption deadline. CIC will ask for a new admission letter when they want to approve your application and your admission letter has elapsed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by segunojo866: 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
Good morning great nairaland family. Am 21 years and I plan to study in Canada. Please can a step dad sponsor me and also can i used company bank statement. Furthermore am going for bachelor's hope my age won't be a problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MissOlawumi(f): 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

I salute you big time.!!!!!
Mine is over 20 weeks already and YES worry won't solve anything.
I have virtually moved away from my study permit and trying other stuffs. ...... So let's be strong and keep pushing!!!!!
It is well with us!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
Darrelah:

My application of march 14 was approved on 5th of July. Calculate the weeks and you will see that yours is still less.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abestine(m): 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
ebby29:
Hello house good morning. Please I need enquiry on this. I did my upfront medical last week Tuesday, and called them to ask when if will be sent, to my amusement I was told upfront medical is only for those that haven't applied yet and I applied before doing the medical at Children Consultancy. Please help me, what can I do?

from what i understand about medicals, there are two ways you can get it done - upfront or medical call
Upfron[/b]t is the one you do before the submission of your application, on completion of the medicals, a document will be given to you to attach to the application you will submit, this document is what i think will inform the VO assessing your application that you've done medical and the result will be called for from the hospital where you did it.

[b]Medical call
is the one you will be asked to go and do when the VO has assessed your application to the level of medical and find out there is no medical result available. a document will be sent to you from CIC which you will take to any recognized hospital of your choice.

so if your medical test does not fall in between these two categories, i think it is not valid... the more knowledgeable people here will throw more light... ire oo...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
zyzzx:
Thanks

Quite late but try your luck with upfront medical.

Prepare to defer also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Where be that? Unilag?

Pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
abestine:

from what i understand about medicals, there are two ways you can get it done - upfront or medical call
Upfron[/b]t is the one you do before the submission of your application, on completion of the medicals, a document will be given to you to attach to the application you will submit, this document is what i think will inform the VO assessing your application that you've done medical and the result will be called for from the hospital where you did it.

[b]Medical call
is the one you will be asked to go and do when the VO has assessed your application to the level of medical and find out there is no medical result available. a document will be sent to you from CIC which you will take to any recognized hospital of your choice.

so if your medical test does not fall in between these two categories, i think it is not valid... the more knowledgeable people here will throw more light... ire oo...
Patiently wait when u are called for medical, and prepare to do a fresh medical entirely. Candid advice. To avoid what happened to one of the moniker here that submitted a medical result he did some months before ago in his past application that was denied. And sadly, he got a new denial on grounds of not doing medicals. Just prepare to do a fresh medical when u get a medical email from CIC. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by boninho: 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hello house, greetings to you all

I got admission into University of Windsor, MEng Electrical & Computer Engineering for Winter 2018

Please, what necessary steps and documents preparation should I take next

Your advice and suggestions will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
thebee001:

really? what course are you going for at MUN? i just want to start my application but the course I'm going for (MER) offers only partime for winter and I can't wait till the nxt fall.
though i have contactes them if there's anything that can be done

I'm going for undergraduate Program sir winter semester precisely.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by masciano77: 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
amnotapervert:
when did you do it and what hospital was it..? I just want to know the time frame from doing the medical and applying passed online

Well I did upfront medicals initially but still sent me a mail(through my cic act) requesting for medicals. All I had to do was to send them the same upfront medical report I did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
marvel4love:

My app is in going to its 17th week, my review of eligibility started showing processing first week in June and my background check changed to processing second week in July, so in my case, stage 3 started before stage 2. Expecting my medical mail to drop soon. The truth is we don't know how CIC process applications, we can't even try to guess how they process it. Let's just keep praying, hoping and speaking positive things concerning our applications. The wait is killing though but God's favor will keep speaking for us. It will end in praise

Bro in your own case, I believe you will get a an approval very soon. Background checks goes back to 'I n progress' as soon as a decision is about to be made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by McOsheBaba(m): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
MissOlawumi:

Please always remember, all good and perfect gift comes from above (Father of light) and he maketh everything beautiful in his own time. I have waited 26 weeks and 4days and I'm still breathing. Worry has not and will not solve anything. Please scratch that!

Nonetheless, I want you to realign your focus, think straight(lol), pick up a new skill, work out, feed well and always rest. I'm pretty sure you don't wanna resume school looking haggard. Whatever the circumstance, fight for your dream, it's worth it!!!

P.S: You might feel what's this lil girl saying, she doesnt know what the indefinite wait feels like, I can relate, my app is staring at week 27 and I'm still living. Best wishes all and Sundry!

I love you! Hope you aren't married? That's the spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Senatorkolade: 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
We should be mindful of the barrage of dossiers we submit for our study permit application. The more documents you submit is the more you give tbe VOs Chance to further scrutinize your application. Just submit only the relevant documents needed to support your claim. Imagine an applicant claiming a strong home tie by submitting land and house documents also ignorantly submitted house rent receipts. If you truly own a house, why the house rent receipts?
Look, know matter the volume of docs you submit, the impression the visa officers have about Nigeria is that most of our docunents are fake. The onus is now on you to logically present your case to the VO to convince him/her that you are a bonafide student not an immigrant.

Also some people believe that going for Masters or PhD is automatic ticket for their study permit. No, we have seen a refusal on Masters on this forum even with funding. It is not enough for you to go for a Master or PhD degree, you have to convince the VO how your proposed Masters degree will enhance your career, intellectual and entrepreneurial development. Since the VOs are aware about the unemployment situation in Nigeria where first class, Masters and even PhD holders find it difficult to get job, you need to convince the VO how your proposed course will make you a job creator when you return if you don't get the job. Even if you claim that you will return to your present work that have you an introduction letter, you will still need to show the value of the huge money you spend in Canada on your work. For example, Let us look at somebody going for "Boreal Ecosystem and Agricultural Science" at the Memorial University. It will be difficult to sell this course to the VO. Boreal Ecosystem cannot be found in Africa. It is found in subarctic region of the Northern Hemisphere which covers North Atlantic Canada and Europe. So, why do you want to study an ecosystem that is not in your continent?

I wish all TRV hopefuls a successful application. Amen

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2017

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
abestine:

[b]Medical call

There is no need for further knowledge here, you've said everything concerning both medical type of examination.

@ebby29, you'll have to wait and be instructed by CIC before you proceed for a medical examination since you applied before the test. This doesn't mean the medical examination you did is invalid.

I'm assuming you applied online for you to even have your passport to go for the medical examination. All the same, once you are instructed to proceed for the exams, reach out to the hospital you did the test and they will use the IME code generated by CIC to forward your result to them. You won't have to do the actual test again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
bluegirl080115:
Hello House

This is to inform y'all that applications are being updated ... Get ready

Please kindly check for update ... starting next week

Mostly March , April , May & few June applications

Cheers !!!!!
We believe you jor!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
bluegirl080115:
Hello House

Cheers !!!!!

Been waiting for your post. My able VO

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
bluegirl080115:
Hello House

Cheers !!!!!

Just few JUNE nurse? Nawa ooo.. This one weak me ooo..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.