Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Jealous Friend Burnt Woman's Face Off To Stop Her From Becoming Air Hostess - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jealous Friend Burnt Woman's Face Off To Stop Her From Becoming Air Hostess (925 Views)

21-year-old Man Kidnapped And Murdered By Jealous Friend In Imo; Body Discovered / Emirates Air Hostess Commits Suicide In Uganda By Jumping Out Of A Moving Plane / Woman Pours Acid On Her Friend In Other To Stop Her From Being An Air Hostess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jealous Friend Burnt Woman's Face Off To Stop Her From Becoming Air Hostess by Anoneism(m): 8:32am On Feb 25, 2017
[center]A woman severely disfigured in an acid attack has released before and after photos of surgery to rebuild her face.

Kanwal Qayyum, 29, was doused with sulphuric acid while she slept by a jealous ‘friend’, who wanted to stop her becoming an air hostess.

The mother of one was left without a nose, eyebrows or eyelashes in the assault ten years ago, and had to give up her dream of travelling the world with an airline.

But doctors have now painstakingly rebuilt her features, and she has got married.

Cosmetic surgeon Asim Shahmalak travelled to Pakistan two years to help surgeons give her confidence back. He created new eyebrows and new eyelashes for Kanwal using hair taken from the back of her scalp, while other surgeons completely rebuilt her nose using tissue from her thigh.

Dr Shahmalak was reunited with Kanwal on a trip to Karachi last week where she showed the progress she had made and spoke about getting married since he helped her.

Before the surgery, she had to use a black marker to give the impression that she still had eyebrows.

Only a handful of doctors in the world who can carry out eyelash and eyebrow transplants. Dr Shahmalak usually performs these operations on women in the UK who have wrecked their brows or lashes through over-plucking or misusing false eyelashes. He has also operated on Calum Best, Googlebox star Christ Steed and Dr Christian Jenson from Embarrassing Bodies.

Kanwal, now planning fresh surgery on her nose, said: ‘I cannot thank Dr Shahmalak enough – he has completely transformed my face and I love my new eyebrows and new eyelashes.’

Acid like the kind used to attack her can be bought for as little as 15p a bottle in the streets near her home with no questions asked.

Father-of-two Dr Shahmalak, who lives with his GP wife Rubina in Cheadle, Manchester, said: ‘Kanwal is one of the bravest women I have ever met.

‘It was wonderful to hear how she has turned her life around, found happiness and got married.’

While in Pakistan last week, Dr Shahmalak identified seven new people he will help with free hair, eyebrow and eyelash transplants later this year.

He spent £50,000 of his own money helping Kanwal and five other women on a previous trip two years ago – one of whom was attacked with acid after turning down a man’s marriage proposal.

Dr Shahmalak said: ‘I wept when I heard these women’s stories.

‘Being doused with acid because you refused a man’s marriage proposal – people were treated better in the Middle Ages.

‘Helping to rebuild their faces is some of the most rewarding work that I do. Just seeing their smiles after the surgery makes it all worthwhile.’

Dr Shahmalak, who was born in Karachi but moved to the UK after qualifying as a doctor, was introduced to the patients by the Pakistani charity Depilex Smileagain Foundation.[/center]

SOURCE:http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/21/acid-attack-victim-releases-before-and-after-pictures-of-her-injuries-6463102/

More Pictures @ http://uglynewsblog..com.ng/

Re: Jealous Friend Burnt Woman's Face Off To Stop Her From Becoming Air Hostess by Jafar1: 8:49am On Feb 25, 2017
BLOOD OF........!! BUARI, WICKEDNESS
Re: Jealous Friend Burnt Woman's Face Off To Stop Her From Becoming Air Hostess by LecciGucci: 8:54am On Feb 25, 2017
The devil in in fear right now.
A coup is goona hit hell soon
Re: Jealous Friend Burnt Woman's Face Off To Stop Her From Becoming Air Hostess by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 25, 2017
Women and jealousy be like

Re: Jealous Friend Burnt Woman's Face Off To Stop Her From Becoming Air Hostess by DozieInc(m): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2017
Pure wickedness.
Why?
Re: Jealous Friend Burnt Woman's Face Off To Stop Her From Becoming Air Hostess by maradelkitchen(f): 9:14am On Feb 25, 2017
Waooo,what a transformation

(1) (Reply)

9 Men Allegedly Dead After Sleeping With A Woman, Who Was Cursed By Her Husband / Lesbian Jumps Off Building After Heated Argument With Girlfriend - See Photos / Whose Client Is This?? Nigerians Really Making A Name Out There.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.