Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria (5942 Views)

Pls Help, My Pocket Is Drained Cos Of Wrong Diagnosis From My Mechanic / Pilot 1 Auto Diagnostics."the Solution To Your Car Problems " / On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) - Questions And Answers Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria by demolagilbert: 11:07am On Mar 01, 2017
The prevalence of wrong diagnosis on ailing vehicles in Nigeria will stay on the rise until car owners are ready to do the needful. I have handy, easy to use diagnostic scanner which i sell, and i always tell my customers...the joy for me isn't in just making this sale, it's in you actually using this technology as it should be. I don't know about everyone else, but i am attached to my cars, and i properly maintain them, and yes they give me great joy and a pleasurable experience every damn time on account of this decision. I don't know why a person would buy a 2010 model car or whatever and decide to completely trust the expertise of a mechanic who cant even spell brake pad correctly, someone who probably trained working on a 1965 peugeot..it beats me really. Fact is there is a gap, advancements have been made in auto-mobile technology, and there is the need to keep up. The kazeems aren't doing a good job of keeping up. There is a dearth of those who are skilled and in tune with the workings of cars today. The solution? Car owners should develop keen interest to learn about these things, the internet avails abundant information. Car owners should have diagnostic equipment to run scans on their cars when necessary. It's that simple. Anyone who is still at the mercy of some mechanic in 2017 is just a mentally lazy person, i dare say and truly deserves to have his car negative re-modelled by his kazeem.
Re: Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria by buckdudebuck: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2017
MPVGoddess:

I said used radiator is a big NO-NO.

You can look up the reasons online.

I also said because very few dealers import single panel radiators, car owner who cannot afford to self-import a brand new single panel radiator (because it is non-existent in the market) should buy what he sees - a brand new double panel radiator and not a used single panel radiator in the name of staying true to the original design.

If you say so but remember engine death warrant has been signed.
Re: Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria by MPVGoddess: 11:58am On Mar 01, 2017
buckdudebuck:
If you say so but remember engine death warrant has been signed.

Even with a stock (not stuck) functional thermostat and fans controlled by the ECU and not bypassed?
Re: Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria by buckdudebuck: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
MPVGoddess:

Even with a stock (not stuck) functional thermostat and fans controlled by the ECU and not bypassed?
Except you change your driving habit, that is to never rev the car before it reaches operating temperature ie when the fans switch on. YOU know friction is the enemy of two surfaces sliding against each other.
Re: Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria by Caesaro01: 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
Clutch plate/cover
Radiators
Clutch disc
Ball Joint
Tie rod end
Brake pad(front and Back)
Clutch moon
Fan
Fan clutch
Repair kits
Top gasket
Piston ring
Piston
Belt roller
Up clutch
Down clutch
Brake disc
Brake shoe
Brake hose
Control arm
Filters ( fuel filter, oil filter,paper filter)
Front shock
Rear shock
Shock absorber
Engine mounting
Fuel pump
Complete gasket

Just call 08074788231, 07066562380 or whatsapp: +233-575633191 or send email: j.onwoh@live.com, we do wholesale and retail, importer prices for wholesale buyers

1 Like

Re: Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria by olasuncome(m): 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
Plz kindly help with the Lebanese guy contact
Re: Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria by AutoElectNG: 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
This thread will demonstrate in practical terms why we have this high level of automotive misdiagnosis or malpractice.

In one short (general) sentence - Failure to follow automotive technology as it continues its relentless forward march
In one short (specific) sentence - Non-adoption of OBD II in Vehicle Diagnosis, Repair and Servicing in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/3661728/on-board-diagnostics-obd-ii-questions
Re: Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria by spora(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2017
Kyjelly2

Try and get us the Lebanese guy's number, please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Get The Best Car Painting Or Oven Bake In Ph - Port Harcourt / Passat V6 Auto Gear Box Problem / Best Oil To Use On Rav4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.