Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

***banKING*** By Galacious - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ***banKING*** By Galacious (1117 Views)

Achetu Union Banking Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
Thanks to following for the love in my maiden story SLiMBOiFREND passymobile Deapexboy latbas adetkid mbchuks Golden75 franklingud lammy197 rudestmcblaze Benten401 Jessevictor Georgekyrian Nelkoko Mc6xty Kennedymac hfinest1 ritababe Hurklan Sall princeifynicky Eniqurl IDFWU FhemmyKW skinnybleed kisscivic Djicemob shegsrules FactsTruths Mzbabytush slimmyjimmy biz2get Ty207 discoverjohnny saintTim DahtzFestjayz saintTim BeeBeeOoh FunnyDude BrainnewsNg ohafiaboi ohakeeb25 obumsway zadok60 MeekMeshack

I appreciate you all not minding my flaws as an amateur.

Special thanks to Baddchristy for discovering the last story I was collaborating with a friend was plagiarized.

Thanks to Divepen1 for the cover.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2017
Copyright © 2017 by Galacious

All rights reserved. This story should not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express permission of the writer.

Galacious1@gmail.com

DISCLAIMER: This story is COMPLETELY FICTIONAL.

Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
I dedicate this chapter to you fellows out there, who are either a cashier or a teller (as referred to in the banking industry). Are you none of these but somehow you handle cash and will need to balance your record every single day? Do you have to use your personal cash to make up for any deficit in your cash balancing even when your salary does not cover your personal expenses? The Lord is your strength.

Now, do you record any surplus in your cash balancing forming the Holy One? Or any overage just end up in your pocket by default (integrity issue)? Either way, this chapter is for you.

CHAPTER ONE – BEFORE THE PARTY

‘’Please sign right here, Deji,’’ Jennifer, one of the cashier, asked placing an opened register on Deji Adelowo’s desk.

‘’Are you done with the drafts issuance now?’’ Deji inquired as he append his signature on the draft register.

‘’yes please.’’ She confirmed closing the register and walked to her desk.

‘’Alright people, let’s balance up real quick and get out of here.’’ Deji, the branch manager of Loyalty Bank’s branch at Computer Village, urged the cashiers.

Like every other Fridays of every week, the banking hall was so busy that Deji could barely eat throughout the day. Though he had two assistants, but that was still not enough to make him work less due to the location of the branch. The banking job was tasking, but he preferred it to managing one of the many companies owned by his late father. A decision his mother was totally in agreement with.
Rising to his feet, he made his way to Amanda’s cubicle. He had noticed how unsettled she was and knew something was definitely amiss.

’’What’s happening?’’

‘’I’m not good. I’m having a deficit of three hundred and sixty thousand.’’ She explained worriedly.

‘’Have you checked all the transactions properly?’’

‘’I did, but I still can’t figure out where it’s coming from.’’

‘’Let me take a look at it.’’ Deji said siting on the chair in Amanda’s cubicle while she stood behind him .

Deji was loved by the cashiers due to his kind-heartedness. He wasn’t the type of branch manager who will leave a cashier who was having trouble balancing to sort him/herself out, nor was he the type who will be quick to ask the cashier to pay for the deficit he/she had. He always try to get to the root cause of either the deficit or surplus of any of his sub-ordinates.

After over an hour of going through Amanda’s transactions for the day, Deji still couldn’t find the error. He decided to take the next available option. He got in touch with his own superior through mail to get an approval for him to close the branch account with the deficit for the night which was granted. He informed his two assistants and Amanda to be in the office the next day and make sure they detect the error before leaving.
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
Stealing a glance at the time on the monitor, Deji noticed it was fifteen minutes past eight. He ensured proper closure of the branch as he shut down his CPU.

Aremu quickly opened the door as he sighted his boss stepping out of the mantrap door. Deji hopped in instantly.

‘’Are you going in this Ankara outfit?’’ Aremu asked as he sat on the driver’s seat.

‘’I don’t get? I’m going to where?’’ Deji responded innocently as he unbuttoned his shirt.

‘’Mrs Williams’ pre-xmas party,’’ Aremu reminded him starring at the mirror.

‘’Oh my!’ the enormity of situation hit him. He had forgotten tonight was the pre-xmas party he had promised his mother he would attend. Deji knew exactly what his mother could do if he was absent.

‘’I need to change into something better. Let’s get home real quick.’’

‘’Off we go boss.’’

To be continued...
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Tattooboy: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
Following. Tnx for d dedication.
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2017

‘’Guy you’ve been picking and dropping clothes for the last forty minutes. You be woman? It’s getting late you know.’’ Wale warned, sitting on the bed facing the wardrobe.

‘’I need to look the best tonight. Besides, the star performer doesn’t start a show.’’ Peter replied as he put on the jacket.

‘’How do I look?’’

‘’Good enough to charm a minor.’’ Wale teased.

‘’guy be serious na. You’re not helping’’

‘’ok. No vex. You look great. I just hope you’ll keep to your end of the promise.’’ Wale encouraged his friend and also reminded him of the vow he made.

Until two weeks ago when Peter made a discovery, he has been an internet scammer. Although when one of his top accomplices was arrested by the EFCC two month ago, he thought it was time to quit. But he never really did. Peter had always believed being a con artist was his calling.

At age three, he knew how to cajole his school mates into swapping foods with him when he doesn’t like the food he was given from home or he felt the other school mates’ lunch was better.

At age five, he could fake illness to avoid going to school.

Even as a teenager he cajoled his friends in to a weekly contribution (Ajo), whereby each of them takes the pool of money contributed weekly. He chose to be the first to collect the cash the first week, but the other members disagreed. The contribution of seven teenagers became a history after Peter collected the second week.
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
He was even of the opinion that he cried when he was given birth to just to avoid giving his mother hypertension.

When peter ventured into internet scam shortly after their admission into the university, Wale made a fruitless effort talking him out of it. So when Peter’s partner in the shady act got reprimanded four fortnights ago, Wale took advantage of that to talk real sense into his best friend. Peter unexpectedly promised to bring his six years activity to an end.

The conning young man wasn’t done using his medulla oblongata to make money. He got to know about a top secret of a dying old man few weeks ago. This could bring him money, real money. Legal money. There was only one way to get his hand to this and this was by marrying Nike Kexter.

To be continued....
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
Tattooboy:
Following. Tnx for d dedication.
You're welcome bro
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
CHAPTER TWO – THE PRE-XMAS PARTY

Deji emerged from the crowd at the front door and immediately caught his friend’s gaze just behind the crowd. Kola smiled and waved.
Some ladies stared at him as he walked towards his friend. He was used to that.

He had a clean low haircut and scythe-shaped eyebrows. His aquiline nose and half-dome cheekbones sat above an oaken jaw. His mellifluous voice, his brown eyes, his manly physique, with the fact he was six feet were enough features to attract the opposite sex.
Since their days at Oxford University years ago, Kola and Deji had been good friends.

Kola was not as tall as Deji, but his punk hairstyle didn’t make it obvious. Kola was burly and round faced.

‘’You’re early this year. I was already on the bed when you arrived last year.’’ Kola Williams teased his friend.

‘’Yeah. i don’t want a remix of mother’s last year reaction.’’ Deji said, picking up a filled glass of wine from a footman’s tray. ‘’When did you get back?’’

‘’Yesterday.’’

Kola has been on a business trip for three months.
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
‘‘Now that you’re here. I want you to meet someone,’’ Kola Williams said eagerly.

‘’Female?’’ Deji asked with slight scepticism.

‘’Yep. My cousin and she’s one for the eye. I must warn you, Deji. She might tempt you away from Nike.’’ Kola raised and lowered his eyebrows in a devilish manner.

Deji gave him a doubtful look as they made their way through the hall, where sophisticated and fashionable dressed people swarmed about. A cool music played at one end of the elaborately decorated room and couples danced in the centre. It was the former Commissioner for Women Affairs’ party and she was renowned for her lavish and extravagant entertaining. Her informal style and manner were often imitated but never matched, for no one could host a party quite like Mrs Williams.

Tonight was the kick-off for the Pre-Xmas Party. A lot of activities await the fortunate guests who were extended an invitation.
Deji truly, didn’t even wish to be at this party in the first place. He has made a promise to his mother, as well as Theresa, that he would attend, and he could not break it.

His mother’s wishes were not easily foiled, she had wrangled this particular promise out of him when he had been overly distracted with work and he had seen no decent way out of it. If it had not been for the imbalance of one of his cashiers last night, he actually might have enjoyed this get-away on the island. He wouldn’t worry much about the work as he had two assistants to back him up.
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
He had dedicated so much time to his work, giving his mother enough reason to try her luck in her matchmaking talent.

Deji’s mother, Ireti, had arranged a meeting between him and Theresa. Theresa had liked him instantly, although she tried to hide it. Deji on the other hand, had had problems getting romantically involved with another lady since he broke up with his first love back in Ife. He initially thought with time he would get to reciprocate Nike’s feelings for him.

But it’s been over 9 months since they met and yet the spark he has been hoping for was still absent. The decision about Nike was one he has to make sometimes in the future. He probably should just propose to her and get it over with. She expected it by now, and perhaps even deserved it, but she was too much of a lady to ever pressure him about it.

Now at this party, he planned on reaching out to Nike and his mother, after meeting Kola’s much talked about cousin. They would be expecting him already.

Then Kola poked at him slightly, saying in a low tone, ‘’there she is.’’
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by Galacious1: 7:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
Deji glanced ahead. He was blew out of the water by what he saw that he almost spilled his drink.

Standing 5 feet from him, was a lady with a midnight-black hair that flowed over her shoulder. She had an oval face shape, arched eyebrows, small nose, smooth and regular jawline with small distance between her upper lip and nose that made her incredibly gorgeous.

He has seen this face before. In fact, ten years ago. It was none other than Nike Akomolede.

His first love. Matter-of-factly, his only love. The one who has made falling for another lady an impossible task for him.

She was wearing a red cocktail gown that was 2 inches above the ankle. She looked more beautiful than he could remember.
Oh my! The enormity of the situation hit him. Nike is Kola Williams’ cousin!

‘’Do you believe me now, buddy?’’ Kola asked not looking at Deji.

Deji hesitated, ‘’she’s okay.’’

‘Seriously?’’ Kola stared his friend in disbelief, expecting a better adjective than an okay. ‘’Alright. Come over.’’
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by sirblero(m): 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
stumbled upon this thread..and I must say you're doing a great job bro....
keep it coming..more ideas to your story.. #following..
Re: ***banKING*** By Galacious by gal10(f): 6:25am On Mar 03, 2017
This should be fun.. grin

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Flash / About My Life / Excerpt: Redemption House (a Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.