Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. (6004 Views)

Revelation Which Christian Church Refused To Reveal To The Whole World / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Which Christian Denomination Is The Right One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:45am On Feb 26, 2017
Being a Christian does not make one immune from suffering.

Suffering can come in many forms at various times, to the young or the old, to the man or the woman, to the single or the married, to the Christian or the non-Christian. Although suffering affects Christians like everyone else, it doesn’t mean Christians are to react like everyone else.
God has expectations for his children regarding how they should face suffering.

There is much on the line for the Christian when suffering comes. Paul puts it this way, “The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God—and fellow heirs of God, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him” (Romans 8:16–17).
Our future glory and inheritance is dependent on our remaining faithful to Christ in the midst of our suffering.

But how?
How can we remain faithful when the pain is so raw?
How can we remain faithful when everything within us wants to throw in the towel?
How can we remain faithful when God seems distant?
How can we remain faithful when our suffering continues year after year and it seems God will never change our situation?

We find one of Paul’s answers in Romans 8:18, which says, “For I consider the sufferings of the present time are not worth comparing to the glory that is to be revealed to us.”
Sufferings of the Present Time.
You might be tempted to say to Paul that he is not qualified to come to his conclusion—that the sufferings of the present time are not worth comparing to the glory that is to be revealed —because he hasn’t faced deep suffering. Because he hasn’t faced suffering like your suffering.

We get a glimpse of Paul’s sufferings in 2 Corinthians 1:8–9. He writes, “For we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death.”
Paul was no stranger to suffering and was faithful to Christ in the midst of the pain.

Future Glory

The motivation for faithfulness for Paul—and for us—is the future glory that is ours. But just what is that future glory? Paul gives two answers: First, creation will one day be set free (Romans 8:21) and second, Christians will fully and finally be brought into God’s family, or put another way: redeemed (Romans 8:23).

Can you imagine what that will be like? To be fully a part of God’s family in a creation that has been set free? It will be like the Garden of Eden, but more like Eden 3.0; it will be like Christmas morning when you were a kid, but the presents will never disappoint because we will have the presence of Christ.

So even if your pain is raw today or if you feel like throwing in the towel, take heart. We have a hope that will never disappoint. Jesus is worth it.

bcsmn.edu/bcs-news-article/how-can-christians-endure-suffering/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by lonelydora: 7:17am On Feb 26, 2017
Today gonna be a good day. First to comment on a very good Sunday morning on the very first post of the day.

Keep those 'likes' coming please.

4 Likes

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by hopefulLandlord: 7:18am On Feb 26, 2017
A Christian shouldn't suffer if Jesus words were true as reported in the Bible because Jesus said you would get anything you ask in his name; Jesus also repeated this many times over and over to show that he means it

below are such verses

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

looking at the above verses and trying to square it with Christian suffering, one comes to 5 possible conclusions

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no suffering Christian that prayed for alleviation of his/her suffering had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Satan, Jesus, Holy Spirit doesn't exist

take your pick

luckily for intelligent people in Nigeria and their descendants, the age of information and enlightenment is upon us, and the religious agenda is in its last days. People are now subjecting religious texts to scrutiny and exposing it for the folklores they are; within the next 100 years, human kind will be mostly free of the shackles that religion imposes on it, and we will be able to make tremendous strides towards stabilizing our existence on this Earth.

The more christianity dies the more they lie and the more , insane, idiotic and louder they seem to get.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by lekanSuccess(m): 7:18am On Feb 26, 2017
Alright
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by Sisqoman(m): 7:19am On Feb 26, 2017
Ok, leme sheet first.
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by veacea: 7:19am On Feb 26, 2017
Lemme goan read it before commenting
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by hopefulLandlord: 7:19am On Feb 26, 2017
good
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by tydi(m): 7:20am On Feb 26, 2017
happy sunday
make una pray for me for church today

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 7:21am On Feb 26, 2017
blessed
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by canalily(m): 7:21am On Feb 26, 2017
Suffering presses out qualities in a manangry

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by hayjay123: 7:24am On Feb 26, 2017
Wow......$wisdom#
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 26, 2017
K
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by yemzzy22(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2017
Papa God na ur hand mi dey gah bless me off to church wink
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by mizchoc(f): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2017
being a xtian doesn't make u immune to suffering... Infact, it makes u prone to attacks

2 Likes

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by deolu2000(m): 7:37am On Feb 26, 2017
As we await the future glory both on earth and eternally with our Creator, it is expedient to pray for the grace to wait for him, bcause according to Isa40v28-31, even the youth (that hv strenght as a virtue ) shall utterly faint, but those that wait upon the Lord,he shall renew their strenght,not only that, but they shall mouth up with wings like eagles wc signifies exceeding greatness in all our ways. May God bless us all as we wait in the hope of the fulness of His glory in our lifes, In Jesus Name.
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by shamecurls(m): 7:37am On Feb 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
A Christian shouldn't suffer if Jesus words were true as reported in the Bible because Jesus said you would get anything you ask in his name; Jesus also repeated this many times over and over to show that he means it

below are such verses

And Jesus answered and said to them, [b]“Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
(Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

looking at the above verses and trying to square it with Christian suffering, one comes to 5 possible conclusions

4) no suffering Christian actually prayed for alleviation of suffering had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Satan, Jesus, Holy Spirit doesn't exist

luckily for intelligent people in Nigeria and their descendants, the age of information and enlightenment is upon us, and the religious agenda is in its last days. within the next 100 years, human kind will be mostly free of the shackles that religion imposes on it, and we will be able to make tremendous strides towards stabilizing our existence on this Earth.

The more christianity dies the more they lie and the more , insane, idiotic and louder they seem to get.
[/b]
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by yomi007k(m): 7:39am On Feb 26, 2017
mizchoc:
being a xtian doesn't make u immune to suffering...
Infact, it makes u prone to attacks
Why shud I do wat mks me prone to attacks n suffering?

Wats den d point of being a xtian if things wont get better for me?

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by regularjoe8080(m): 7:48am On Feb 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

below are such verses

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

and again

and again

and again

4) no suffering Christian that prayed for alleviation of his/her suffering had any faith

take your pick

luckily for intelligent people in Nigeria and their descendants, the age of information and enlightenment is upon us, and the religious agenda is in its last days. within the next 100 years, human kind will be mostly free of the shackles that religion imposes on it, and we will be able to make tremendous strides towards stabilizing our existence on this Earth.

Good morning. .It's very clear that you have not accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Please I asked you to receive Him today so that you can have the spiritual eyes and ears to understand every word from the bible...because the thing of God are foolisness to mind of flesh which is also known as carnal mind....God will show Himself to you because you are very very ignorance of His word. God bless you in Jesus Name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by hopefulLandlord: 7:52am On Feb 26, 2017
regularjoe8080:

Good morning. .It's very clear that you have not accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Please I asked you to receive Him today so that you can have the spiritual eyes and ears to understand every word from the bible...because the thing of God are foolisness to mind of flesh which is also known as carnal mind....God will show Himself to you because you are very very ignorance of His word. God bless you in Jesus Name.

Good morning. .It's very clear that you have not accepted the Lord Cthulhu as your Lord and Saviour. Please I asked you to receive Him today so that you can have the spiritual eyes and ears to understand every word from the Loki...because the thing of Cthulhu are foolisness to mind of flesh which is also known as carnal mind....Cthulhu will show Himself to you because you are very very ignorance of His word. God bless you in Cthulhu Name.

okay, tell me the part I'm "Ignorant" of

your defense mechanism is suddenly activated

2 Likes

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by Ever8054: 7:58am On Feb 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

below are such verses

and again

and again

and again

take your pick

luckily for intelligent people in Nigeria and their descendants, the age of information and enlightenment is upon us, and the religious agenda is in its last days. People are now subjecting religious texts to scrutiny and exposing it for the folklores they are; within the next 100 years, human kind will be mostly free of the shackles that religion imposes on it, and we will be able to make tremendous strides towards stabilizing our existence on this Earth.

never knew this type of creatures still exist...

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by honniemail(f): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2017
Suffering and temptation work together,even our saviour was tempted, can u imagine what Job went through, but they both overcame and came out of it vitorious..
LESSON: challenges are normal but abnormal when it overcomes a believer

2 Likes

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by nemynely(m): 8:11am On Feb 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

below are such verses

and again

and again

and again

take your pick

Fair attempt! I give it to u. U hav some level of intelligence & appear openminded.
However Christianity is anchored on certain pillars, one of which is FAITH-Hebrews 11v1,6 "What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead"......"You can never please God without faith, without depending on Him. Anyone who wants to come to. God must believe that there is a God and that He rewards those who sincerely look for Him"- living bible translation.
I wouldn't want to bore u with tons of bible verses, but would hint at suffering & d Christian
In dis world we Christians shall experience persecution, tribulation etc - good news is we hav been told to b of good cheer cos we hav Jesus. Wit Him in our boat we can at least smile at the storm.
The rain & sun fall on everybody, so also traumatic & beautiful life experiences & Christians are not immune.
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by akintom(m): 8:12am On Feb 26, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
Being a Christian does not make one immune from suffering.

Although suffering affects Christians like everyone else, IT DOESN’T MEAN CHRISTIANS ARE TO REACT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.
God has expectations for his children regarding how they should face suffering.

/

Another name for Christians is hypocrites.

The normal response to suffering/painful experience in humans is psychosomatic.

But because Christians now claim to be something more than human beings, they claim "extra-psychosomatic" abilities.

But it's all Hypocrisy. In Mathew 5, the nazarene taught them how to respond to suffering, but the behavior of Christians show self delusion, in obeying this commandment of nazarene.

* slap a Christian and see if she/he will turn the other cheek.

* Christians are morbidly suspicious of everyone as enemies, after which they will rain curse 24hrs, on the imaginary enemies.

In fact MFM has such curse book called prayer rain

* win a Christian at the court, he will appeal.

* if the suffering of Christians is working better glory, why are they burdening their lives in prayers of:

-i wouldn't die but live?
-i can't be sick
-witches sucking my blood, die die die dieeee by fire

*Armed robber holds a gun to the head of Christian, and ready to send the Christian to "heaven", the Christian will beg, pray and cry, towards the robber not to kill him/her.

-Christian folks don't believe there exist any heaven.

The list is endless.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by uvalued(m): 8:21am On Feb 26, 2017
currently reading spirit,soul and bidy by andrew wommack and seeing suffeing from a higher perspective

#hadcan
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by mizchoc(f): 9:33am On Feb 26, 2017
yomi007k:

Why shud I do wat mks me prone to attacks n suffering?

Wats den d point of being a xtian if things wont get better for me?

xtianity is not a ticket to good living... u work out ur salvation with fear and trembling..
there are rules which if followed will lead to a prosperous xtian life..

so, u are a xtian doesn't make u immune..
u are prone because the devil will want to get bk wat he lost so he'll attack...

u Gerrit?
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by yomi007k(m): 9:35am On Feb 26, 2017
mizchoc:

xtianity is not a ticket to good living... u work out ur salvation with fear and trembling..
there are rules which if followed will lead to a prosperous xtian life..

so, u are a xtian doesn't make u immune..
u are prone because the devil will want to get bk wat he lost so he'll attack...

u Gerrit?

Who is devil, where can I find him? grin

1 Like

Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by mizchoc(f): 9:44am On Feb 26, 2017
yomi007k:

Who is devil, where can I find him? grin

he travelled on January 19th..
he's in U. K.
Re: Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. by yomi007k(m): 11:45am On Feb 26, 2017
mizchoc:

he travelled on January 19th..
he's in U. K.

I love u for ds answer.... kiss

Im scared for d next generation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

German Priest Burns Himself To Death To Protest Spread Of Islam / Caucasion Jesus = Cesare Borgia / 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.