Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

5 Ways To Seek The Kingdom Of Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Ways To Seek The Kingdom Of Heaven. (375 Views)

About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss / 5 Ways Apostle Suleman Can Prove His Innocence In Stephanie Otobo’s Sex Mess / Are You A REAL Or FAKE Student Of The University Of Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Seek The Kingdom Of Heaven. by Agimor(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2017
Whenever I read about men of substance, who forsake the pleasures of the world to go after God wholeheartedly I'm left speechless. St. Francis of Assisi, sold all he got, gave the proceeds to poor and went to to live in the monastery. St. Anthony of Egypt,born into a wealthy family in Egypt gave away some of his family's lands to his neighbors, sold the remaining property, and donated the funds thus raised to the poor, He then left to live an ascetic life.
Many others left the comfort of the world in search of God.
Under listed are five ways to seek heaven.

1. You must love heaven above all things.
Heaven must first occupy your mind before you can occupy it. If you don't believe in it's existence, then sorry you can't make it.

2. Constant Penance For Your Sins.
You must be remorseful and be willing to ask forgiveness whenever your sin against God. Those who feel sorry for their sins obtain pardon from God's mercy for the offense committed against him, and are, at the same time, reconciled with the Church which they have wounded by their sins and which by charity, by example, and by prayer labors for their conversion.

3. You must avoid everything that will make you lose heaven.
Those who commit different kind of crimes against humanity, stealing, cheating, robbery etc, should think about their end and see if God will be pleasing with them.

4. You shouldn't exchange earthly heritage for heavenly heritage.
Many will lose heaven because of what they want to apportion for themselves. In a bid to do this, they will explore all loopholes and make unfathomable excuses to steal.

5. You must be good towards others.
Whatever good you do for others you do for yourself. Is it not better you to do good to others knowing fully well that you're doing it for yourself.

Let's seek heaven daily,
Let's seek heaven passionately,
Let's seek heaven zealously until will the everlasting Joy.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Theistic Responses / My Grace Is Sufficient / Apostle Suleman Threatens To Kill My Mother – Stephanie Otobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.