Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

How Is Your Church Helping The Poor & Needy In The Society?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Your Church Helping The Poor & Needy In The Society?? (767 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God / Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Is Your Church Helping The Poor & Needy In The Society?? by Enn214(m): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2017
On this forum we always talk about some mega churches not considering the poor before embarking on their projects. Now, lets talk about how our various churches have been assisting the less privileged in the society.

I will focus on my church - the Catholic. We have a society known as St. Vincent De Paul. They serve as middlemen between the givers and the receivers. All gifts from church members are assembled with this society, and given out to the needy based on request.

''if a brother or sister be naked, & destitute of daily food, & one of you say unto them, depart in peace, be ye warmed & filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit'' -James2v15&16.

Anybody in need, irrespective of your religious faith or denomination, could just visit any Catholic church around and see the St. Vincent Society Members.

The major problem we encounter is lack of honesty by the people seeking for help. So many cases, after investigation are found out to be false.

Secondly, we observe that 'educated' people don't come for help. Dnt die in silence. If its your school fee, start-up funds, medical bills, etc you need, the solution may just be waiting for you @ St.Vincent De Paul Society.

Re: How Is Your Church Helping The Poor & Needy In The Society?? by dingbang(m): 11:41am On Feb 26, 2017
Let's say my dad is retired and I need a laptop so badly.. I approach st Vincent de Paul to assist me financially.... What would be their reaction
Re: How Is Your Church Helping The Poor & Needy In The Society?? by Enn214(m): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
dingbang:
Let's say my dad is retired and I need a laptop so badly.. I approach st Vincent de Paul to assist me financially.... What would be their reaction

if there's any in stodk....u may b lucky

(1) (Reply)

Me Stepping To Church Next Time(photo) / Rapture / The Revelation Of Righteousness Delivers - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.