Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Why Dreadlocks Are Beautiful On African Children (tale Of Two Brothers) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Dreadlocks Are Beautiful On African Children (tale Of Two Brothers) (550 Views)

2 Brothers Came Out Without Any Injury After This Ghastly Accident In Abuja.PICS / Two Brothers Missing In Lagos Since Friday (Pictured) / See The Python That Was Killed By My Brothers Today (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Dreadlocks Are Beautiful On African Children (tale Of Two Brothers) by hayze(m): 11:51am On Feb 26, 2017
The photo you see above is of Samson and Emmanuel- two brothers who attend school at my NYSC Place of Primary Assignment.
The first day I met Samson (the older brother), he was telling his Mathematics teacher that it was a bad idea to beat him because he had "powers."
You see, while I was growing up in Onitsha, having dreadlocks (dada) was a very bad thing. Children who were born with it were thought to be evil. I remember that a special day was caste out in churches to have the dreadlocks cut off.
The one I remember very well because I was raised catholic, was that on special Tuesdays (I can't recall if they were first or last Tuesdays of the month), parents took their children to St Mary's Catholic Church at Awka Road, with anointing oil and scissors, so that Father Ikeobi would have the hair "chopped" off in deep prayers.

Continue reading.. http://chichinwasdiary..com.ng/2017/02/why-dreadlocks-are-beautiful-on-african.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Why Dreadlocks Are Beautiful On African Children (tale Of Two Brothers) by Kpeshi10(m): 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ah, mr OP man, u neva write y dreadlocks are beauripul on african shild o
Re: Why Dreadlocks Are Beautiful On African Children (tale Of Two Brothers) by hayze(m): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2017
I wish I understand what you have written
Kpeshi10:
Ah, mr OP man, u neva write y dreadlocks are beauripul on african shild o

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of April Fool / High Tension Cable Electrocutes Over 30 In Calabar In Football Viewing Centr / Lionel Messi Messes Up Real Madrid At The Bernabeu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.