Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:31 PM

Thread vanquished. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread vanquished. (605 Views)

Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model / UNIBEN Female Students & Their Luggage Outside Waiting For Hostel Allocation / To Those Waiting For Cisco Cyberops Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread vanquished. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
As you all know, a solar eclipse is billed to happen today on 26th of Feburary, 2017.

The south eastern area will have the most obscurity (33 percent)
while the north will have the least (9 percent).

The south west will happen about 23 percent obscurity.

The main action will go down around 4:30 pm but we can be leisurely viewing the sun before that tongue smiley

So, Science enthusiasts, lovers of nature, picture freaks,
Let us view one of nature's awe-inspiring phenomena and marvel at the designs of this wondrous solar system and universe in particular.

EDIT :

Unfortunately, I was unable to view the solar eclipse or even take pictures due to clouds which blocked the sun all through cry cry angryangry

In that light, this thread is useless.

Lalasticlala, kindly delete this thread.

1 Like

Re: Thread vanquished. by Outofsync(m): 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
Patiently waiting in my small backyard with a bowl of water and a sachet of pure water
cool cool

But OP, you no try o. Majority of Nigerians don't even know what an eclipse is cheesy
Re: Thread vanquished. by ichommy(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
*Walk In*
Re: Thread vanquished. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
Lol.. very funny. This should be in Joke section ah swear. cheesy
Re: Thread vanquished. by Davidhero(m): 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
patiently waiting....
Re: Thread vanquished. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
OutofSync, haba now. Nigerians are not that bad grin.

But the.... To fulfill all righteousness...

A solar eclipse is a phenomenon that occurs when the moon blocks the light of the sun from reaching the earth.

Or better still, an eclipse occurs when the earth moon and sun line up in a straight line, in that order.

It is really something beautiful and quite rare.

Why??

Because the moon and the earth rotate in very different elliptical orbit.
The earth orbits round the moon. The moon orbits round the earth AND round the sun. (the sun also orbits but it's of no concern here).

Whenever these orbits coincide, the moon lines up in front of earth and blocks the light from the sun, creating an umbra and penumbra region...

Oh, and today's eclipse is an annular solar eclipse.

The moon will cover the Sun's "center", leaving the sun's outer edges visible.
It is very dangerous to view this with the naked eye, so it's best to use a bowl of water or a mirror or a sachet of pure-water to view it rather than the naked eye folks! angry

Time check 4:20 pm.

Still no sign here.
Re: Thread vanquished. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
lalasticlala, mynd44, Seun, kindly take this to FP so nairalanders would be more aware about the eclipse smiley
Re: Thread vanquished. by Outofsync(m): 4:38pm On Feb 26, 2017
It's 4: 30 OP. The said solar eclipse should start very soon!
Make I help your ministry
Apollux mrphysics butterfly88 Johnydon22 Teempakguy lalasticlala
Re: Thread vanquished. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
Damn clouds are blocking the sun angry
Re: Thread vanquished. by Apollux(m): 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
Outofsync:
It's 4: 30 OP. The said solar eclipse should start very soon!

Make I help your ministry

Apollux mrphysics butterfly88 Johnydon22 Teempakguy lalasticlala
I just saw a slight evidence of it, went to visit someone in badagry area. The sky is just grayish. I don't think it s a full eclipse
Re: Thread vanquished. by dauddy97(m): 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
Apollux:

I just saw a slight evidence of it, went to visit someone in badagry area. The sky is just grayish. I don't think it s a full eclipse
where in Badagry. because I'm in badagry nothing such as occur. I have been watching to see but nothing to call eclipse here.
Re: Thread vanquished. by Apollux(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
dauddy97:
where in Badagry. because I'm in badagry nothing such as occur. I have been watching to see but nothing to call eclipse here.
U won't really see much just dat d sky looked a bit gray, too gray for 4.30pm
Re: Thread vanquished. by Feraz(m): 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
Actually forgot. . .besides, it didn't seem like there was eclipse. . .
Re: Thread vanquished. by djeasy(m): 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
Me No see anything... sun just dey like Normal

(1) (Reply)

Test Your Knowledge... PHOTO / ANATOMY Phewww! / 2017 JAMB: Candidates Frustrated By Poor Conduct of UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.