Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Why The Whistle Blower Scheme MAY Not Do Much - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why The Whistle Blower Scheme MAY Not Do Much (409 Views)

I'm Confused. Should I Blow the Whistle? / Should I Blow The Whistle Or Blackmail Him? / Security Guard On N25,000 Salary Steals N24.4m, Threatens Boss With Whistle-blow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Whistle Blower Scheme MAY Not Do Much by martyns303(m): 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
I was really not impressed when about $9M was recovered via the whistle blower program. Of course it is a huge sum of money and the EFCC should be commended, however if you are to have an idea of the monies siphoned and are being siphoned even as I type this, chills will run down your spine.

The EFCC is looking in the wrong direction, large chunck of these monies and not even stacked somewhere in GP tank, sewage, basements and other funny places. If the EFCC wants to make a major breakthrough, here are the places to look.

1. Houston, Texas: Most policitians have their laundrer here, you see a guy buying properties all over the place, he doesnt come from a known rich home, no accountable source of income, yet he lives larger than a rockstars. Invite him over, he sure do have a story to tell. Unfortunately the EFCC can hardly reach him there.

2. Legitimate Business Men: This is the mother of it all, if you think (following names are for reference purpose) Dangote, Adenuga and all the other big shots are making billions of dollars by only selling whatever they sell, then you are mistaken. These guys are the largest laundrers ever, who is going to ask someone like Dangote how he got $500M in his account? That is like chicken feed to him right? All a governor needs to do is call up one of these big shots, give him the money cash to launder (after working with the banks to change the money to dollars). These big shots put the money under their company name and charge the said governor an agreed % ranging from 10-15%. Very easy........

I admire the efforts of the EFCC but a large chunk of our stolen monies may never be recovered except the EFCC chooses to go heads on with some people, people who can bring out $200M cash from their basement, if you think that amount is impossible then you have no idea the rot in the country your living in........

Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Blogger Threatened,expose A Popular Ponzi Scheme / Customs Quizzes 15 Senior Officers Over Importation Of 661 Riffles / Dino Melaye Failed In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.