Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? (4993 Views)

Life In The 70's/80's Vs Present Day Life / My Present Family Dilemma,,,please I Need Opinions / The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:58am On Feb 27, 2017
Before I start my case, I advice all feminist to please scroll up, click on Nairaland and go to another topic.

I am a married man with 2 kids. I love my wife so much and I am believing that she loves me too. In the home, I try as much as possible to do everything that is needed from a man from the table to the bed and I thank the Lord that He has been there.

We are christians and also we believe in the Word of God as supreme in everything and as well try and do things according to the word of God and not of any man of God... so talking to a pastor is out of it.

We have been married for some years now and I believe she has enjoyed most part of the marriage apart from when we are not in good terms, which is mainly because I get fed up. I know I have a problem... whenever she annoys me or does something that I really hate, I just hang it out to dry without involving her and over time, I forget totally about it but as a lady, she table hers with me and all I have to do is listen and give her assurances because I dont want a broken home.

I give silent treatment a lot when I am angered and I looking for a way to let it go... Silent treatment is my own way of letting my anger go. Most decisions that I know are not relevant, I leave it for her to do to the extent that she gets worried that I will tell her to do as she pleases (maybe that was my mistake).

Of recent, I noticed that either she does not want to or she does not like taking orders per se... This is a lady that might call me off from going to church that she wants me to be with her at home and I attend to her cos the Bible even said that we should attend to our wives as Christ does to the church. So she got a cloth from someone that she wants to wear, I asked her not to wear it but will give her money to sew her own same style but she said no and I am sure she wore that cloth when I was not at around... that and some other ones that lead to last two weeks that her friend slept by at our house twice and I called her that she did not discuss it with me or sorts of... you just feel like bringing someone into my house to sleep that I do not want such again, which she said nothing of such would repeat itself again but three days down the line, same thing happened... I was so devastated that have I given her much yard to that extent? She was showing signs of malaria on Friday and telling me she wanted to go to the end of Lagos to give a cloth to her Aunt and I was like... lady you are not going... you need to take care of yourself and you can give the cloth later in the week and we went to bed. But to my surprise the next day, she was dressed up left the house in the early hours and came back around 6pm leaving me with the kids (well no complain about that cos they are mine)...

She came back without apologizing, knowing what she did, was expecting me to apologize to her for her own wrong doing... shouting this morning (she does that a lot in the house whenever we have issues and people have noticed that and some are even saying that she is using something on me because most of the time, I dont talk... I just listen to her shout) saying all sorts of things that I have started it again that she will give me three days ultimatum if I dont come back to my normal self, she will dump me somewhere and maybe find a boyfriend that I have always been seeing my dreams with her...

Nairalanders, am I at fault here? I need sensible input from married and sensible folks here pls as I really need to know what to do because at this stage, I am thinking such wife that will not put my mind at rest is not good for my health...
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by freecocoa(f): 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
There's always the other person's side to a story, but if your wife is giving you ultimatums and saying she's getting a boyfriend, then she's either crazy or you aren't saying exactly what happened.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
She wants to get a boyfriend Ke?
Are you sure you are not cheating?
Just wondering the audacity to tell a husband that she is going to get a S e x partner.
Still wondering the correlation between the trouble ET home with getting a boyfriend though. Somebody isn't saying the truth.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
freecocoa:
There's always the other person's side to a story, but if your wife is giving you ultimatums and saying she's getting a boyfriend, then she's either crazy or you aren't saying exactly what happened.

LynnPetra:
She wants to get a boyfriend Ke?
Are you sure you are not cheating?
Just wondering the audacity to tell a husband that she is going to get a S e x partner.
Still wondering the correlation between the trouble ET home with getting a boyfriend though. Somebody isn't saying the truth.

Well, you guys are right as there is always another side to the story. If you ask her, what she would say is that I carry malice but what leads to malice is what she does not want to work on... saying its over every little thing... But my own issue is that is it so hard for a lady to take to instructions (petty - as it does not even come weekly) from the so called husband?

Or is there a link I am missing?

More so, I aint cheating and dont want to and as I am now, my mind is agitated ... not over her ultimatum because I just dont care about that but I just dont know why or how it got triggered and it takes some time for it to go...

So I just dont know how to deal with this as I dont want a lady that will cut my life short.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Goldenboy007(m): 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
How successful are you being the breadwinner? I am not asking who the man of the house is but how much of the finances do you pick up? Is she contributing ? Has your economic power reduced ? How many kids do you have ? Answer these truthfully and I will know what to say.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
Goldenboy007:
How successful are you being the breadwinner? I am not asking who the man of the house is but how much of the finances do you pick up? Is she contributing ? Has your economic power reduced ? How many kids do you have ? Answer these truthfully and I will know what to say.

Truthfully, I cover 95% of the home finances... She contributes but I really dont allow it because I like the idea when the man does everything... Economic power hasnt reduced and with just 2 kids...

Truthfully I have answered your questions...
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by OLAFIMIX(f): 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
let her go to her parents house for a week to learn lessons. When she has enough let her come home.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
I feel her stubbornness in not telling you before agreeing to her friend spending days in your house is simply because you also keep things to yourself. So she says to herself "He thinks he could do anything without consulting me and get away with it".

Since you know you have a problem, why not try in dealing with it first. She said she wants you back the way you were before, you would have to make out time to have a peaceful dialogue with her were voices won't be raised at each other and she'll tell you what she expects of you.

There's an underlying tone to her stubbornness you'll need to find out.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Dyt(f): 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
Do you mean your wife borrowed clothes to wear?
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Richy4(m): 4:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
Bro you are out of courtship and honeymoon.....what you are into now is marriage. I took time to read what you have written and to be honest with you, that's what basically scares me in Marriage..

Those characters you mentioned has always been there but you chose to look at it through rose coloured glasses..And you act like you missed it from the beginning ..Some people are prone to be selfish in life but you caught a bigger fish that has stubbornness garnished to it...

I like the fact that you do not want a broken home..All you need is keep the communication going,be patient and try create an atmosphere at home that will be conducive for the kids...Shouting matches should be done at close door....not in front of kids..

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
Based on your posts in this thread, you seem like a calm, gentleman. Kudos to you for not cheating on her and not wanting to either.

It's disrespectful to you that she goes against your simple wishes in the home, like not having her friend sleeping over w/o first discussing it with you. I can see why it would make you feel bad when you tell her not to do something only for her to turn around to do the opposite. Sometimes people will treat you a certain way b/c they know they can get away with it, it's as simple as that.

If all these started recently then there's a reason behind it. Try and communicate with her. Your silent treatment isn't a bad idea for cooling off when you feel angry but don't overdo it by going for hours or days w/o talking to each other like husband and wife.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
Dyt:
Do you mean your wife borrowed clothes to wear?

Nope she does not... She also does Fashion Designer apart from the major production we are into... You know how they see and live styles that others have and someone gave her hers saying she has not worn it and would like her to have it... and I said No
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
NotOfThis:
Based on your posts in this thread, you seem like a calm, gentleman. Kudos to you for not cheating on her and not wanting to either.

It's a disrespectful to you that she goes against your simple wishes in the home, like not having her friend sleeping over w/o first discussing it with you. I can see why it would make you feel bad when you tell her not to do something only for her to turn around to do the opposite. Sometimes people will treat you a certain way b/c they know they can get away with it, it's as simple as that.

If all these started recently then there's a reason behind it. Try and communicate with her. Your silent treatment isn't a bad idea for cooling off when you feel angry but don't overdo it by going for hours or days w/o talking to each other like husband and wife.

Thanks for this. I do talk to her and I request for things that I want from her... My own form of silent treatment is just that I wont be friendly as I would on a normal day.

Believe me, I have tried communicating with her so many times but I have got to know that she believe what her friends tell her than what I say because I have seen valid reasons I do not want to discuss in the open as it might hurt her ( She is also a Nairalander and might see this any day)

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2017
Richy4:
Bro you are out of courtship and honeymoon.....what you are into now is marriage. I took time to read what you have written and to be honest with you, that's what basically scares me in Marriage..

Those characters you mentioned has always been there but you chose to look at it through rose coloured glasses..And you act like you missed it from the beginning ..Some people are prone to be selfish in life but you caught a bigger fish that has stubbornness garnished to it...

I like the fact that you do not want a broken home..All you need is keep the communication going,be patient and try create an atmosphere at home that will be conducive for the kids...Shouting matches should be done at close door....not in front of kids..

Thanks... So I should keep the communication going while I pass through this from time to time?
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
kimbra:
I feel her stubbornness in not telling you before agreeing to her friend spending days in your house is simply because you also keep things to yourself. So she says to herself "He thinks he could do anything without consulting me and get away with it".

Since you know you have a problem, why not try in dealing with it first. She said she wants you back the way you were before, you would have to make out time to have a peaceful dialogue with her were voices won't be raised at each other and she'll tell you what she expects of you.

There's an underlying tone to her stubbornness you'll need to find out.

To the stubborn part, I got to know after marriage that it is in the blood but I have tried to put mine under reins as an Ondo boy. But nevertheless, I still manage the stubborn part and love her for whom she is... I just need her to know her place... to stop denying my orders requests. Really, she is a great wife and she tries a lot at home but the surrendering part is where I would like her to work on... I have tried conveying the message but I noticed that if you complain, she flares up.... even when her friends came visiting one time and one of them complained about how she did something, she was so annoyed and I was like... they might be making sense even if it is nonsense... So ...

You mentioned I should deal with mine? The only I believe I have to deal with is this silent treatment which gets triggered by her actions... now please ask me again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

To the stubborn part, I got to know after marriage that it is in the blood but I have tried to put mine under reins as an Ondo boy. But nevertheless, I still manage the stubborn part and love her for whom she is... I just need her to know her place... to stop denying my orders requests. Really, she is a great wife and she tries a lot at home but the surrendering part is where I would like her to work on... I have tried conveying the message but I noticed that if you complain, she flares up.... even when her friends came visiting one time and one of them complained about how she did something, she was so annoyed and I was like... they might be making sense even if it is nonsense... So ...

You mentioned I should deal with mine? The only I believe I have to deal with is this silent treatment which gets triggered by her actions... now please ask me again
Very well then!, I am not married and wouldn't love my spouse giving me that "silent treatment", it kills one inside.

All you need do now is to have a conversation with her and come to a peaceful agreement. I think what she said of dating someone is very immature of her but she didn't mean it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by SirVintageCock: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
She is deliberately making you to forgo your silent treatment. You know....like making you crawl out of your woodwork. She knows what she is doing. Very calculative.

You are annoyed that you no longer have the upper hand... grin grin as she's gonna frustrate the silent treatment out of you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Richy4(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

Thanks... So I should keep the communication going while I pass through this from time to time?

Bro you mentioned that you do not want a broken home. so the deal will be

<<Keep reminding her of what danger she is putting your marriage and relationship through..That's what I meant by communication...She was not supposed to bring a female friend home..A predator husband might capitalize on that.. But she's so lucky she got you..

You sound to me like a good guy and any good reader could notice a write up written straight from the heart....There's something called cross bearing....and it is unfortunate that what you have to bear is a stubborn wife....I am not gonna mention selfish because a lot of people both men and women got that character...they only think about me and myself....

I am not a believer of involving third party but if you feel that you should, then her mother or an elderly person you noticed she had some regard and respect can help.....But there are certain things you can bear...If you feel that you can't bro, life is too short...Get a cool off period from the marriage for a while so that both of you can rethink...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by sexymoma(f): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nonsense!!
it's obvious she knows your weak point emotionally
"You don't talk"
bros make i advice you, anytime she shouts, shout back at her, fear go grip am.. walai she go cry that day "My husband has never shouted at me" Hyme 77, House wives hyme book.
show her the other part of you which i know you have, buh you are jos reserving it.
this lady needs to be put in place, imagine telling you she'll find another man
who wan marray after 2.. she s not serious, single lady sef norver see man
inshrt, i'll tell you she needs to be handled with an iron hand.
It's obvious she s acting like a boss in the marriage, make her understand you guys are in it together.
abi dem march make una ni?

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
sexymoma:
Nonsense!!
"You don't talk"
bros make i advice you, anytime she shouts, shout back at her, fear go grip am.. walai she go cry that day "My husband has never shouted at me" Hyme 77, House wives hyme book.
show her the other part of you which i know you have, buh you are jos reserving it.
It's obvious she s acting like a boss in the marriage, make her understand you guys are in it together.

Thanks... No be matchmaking o... So funny na Nairaland we meet
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
Richy4:

Bro you mentioned that you do not want a broken home. so the deal will be

<<Keep reminding her of what danger she is putting your marriage and relationship through..That's what I meant by communication...She was not supposed to bring a female friend home..A predator husband might capitalize on that.. But she's so lucky she got you..

You sound to me like a good guy and any good reader could notice a write up written straight from the heart....There's something called cross bearing....and it is unfortunate that what you have to bear is a stubborn wife....I am not gonna mention selfish because a lot of people both men and women got that character...they only think about me and myself....

I am not a believer of involving third party but if you feel that you should, then her mother or an elderly person you noticed she had some regard and respect can help.....But there are certain things you can bear...If you feel that you can't bro, life is too short...Get a cool off period from the marriage for a while so that both of you can rethink...

Noted. Thanks
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2017
SirVintageCock:
She is deliberately making you to forgo your silent treatment. You know....like making you crawl out of your woodwork. She knows what she is doing. Very calculative.

You are annoyed that you no longer have the upper hand... grin grin as she's gonna frustrate the silent treatment out of you.

Really, ain't annoyed I don't have upper Hand... Just know your place is the epistle I am trying to.sing into her ears
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by SirVintageCock: 9:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

Really, ain't annoyed I don't have upper Hand... Just know your place is the epistle I am trying to.sing into her ears
and what's her place? You running her life like her father or boss or something?

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by 1miccza: 10:32pm On Feb 27, 2017
sexymoma:
Nonsense!!
"You don't talk"

If I knew you personally I would have given you a medal. The OP is my kind of person and his experience might just be mine soon and these scares me silly . Your suggestion might just turn out to be the best
Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
Stop giving her silent treatment, if you give me silent treatment when we have a problem, I will act like your wife is acting. Communication is essential in marriage, if you have a problem with her, you talk it out instead of piling it up in your mind.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2017
I just can't handle a man with so many rules. undecided

She's your wife for God's sakes, not your 12 YO daughter.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
I'm ready to bet that somebody or some people are whispering in her ears, telling her what to do.

If this is the case then I'm afraid if she doesn't make an almost irreparable damage to her marriage she may not recover her sense.

Communication is key though. Remember you're both partners, so if you're tempted to use a tone of voice on her her that would be better suited for junior, then it'd be best to rephrase both your language and the attitude.

All in all, I don't want to believe that she wants to scatter her marriage.

Sit her down and have a heart to heart. Acknowledge your own shortcomings and let her know hers too.

Don't expect her to change overnight, but keep trying. Above all shower her with utmost love. If you're doing that already, well then increase the dosage.

All the best in your marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Richy4(m): 12:18am On Feb 28, 2017
Ujoan:

I am just wondering what the rule was....He made a request that she should stop bringing female friends whom might be probably single to pass the night in their matrimonial home...was that the rule?

Or was it Please do not go to so and so place I am not comfortable with it..... was that what was so difficult to handle?
Doesn't relationship involve compromise and sacrifice?

Assuming he goes down with any of the ladies she has been bringing into the house due to the temptation and lack of self control some men got, most ladies will start writing an unprintable things about men but forgot that they were indeed the architect of their misfortune...Simple request was now a big rule to difficult to handle

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:31am On Feb 28, 2017
SirVintageCock:
and what's her place? You running her life like her father or boss or something?

Ujoan:

What are these ones saying? Did you read my full post and replies at all?

Ioannes:
I'm ready to bet that somebody or some people are whispering in her ears, telling her what to do.

If this is the case then I'm afraid if she doesn't make an almost irreparable damage to her marriage she may not recover her sense.

Communication is key though. Remember you're both partners, so if you're tempted to use a tone of voice on her her that would be better suited for junior, then it'd be best to rephrase both your language and the attitude.

All in all, I don't want to believe that she wants to scatter her marriage.

Sit her down and have a heart to heart. Acknowledge your own shortcomings and let her know hers too.

Don't expect her to change overnight, but keep trying. Above all shower her with utmost love. If you're doing that already, well then increase the dosage.

All the best in your marriage.

See I have tried in making her change but as said earlier, she takes the advice from outside as #1 priority. One of her single colleagues told her one time that "You better sit up else I will collect your husband from you".

Its not the communication that is the issue, but what she will make out of it. I see through her waiting for me to tell her her mistakes which she already knew before hand... Imagine going since.morning, coming back and noticing your.husband is angry, are you not supposed to trace your steps back? But if the seats were to be exchanged, she will say I don't understand her... I am not reading her.... I should have done this... Done that

Well, I am thinking the best is to settle this and start living life as if she's not there so the end game that I so much fear won't catch up with me unexpectedly... It's time I pick up my double agent cloak and give her all she wants to hear while I keep my heart with all diligence and I expect her to do same because she is reading the posts. Painful but candid... We might be needing the break afterall

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 28, 2017
Richy4:

I am just wondering what the rule was....He made a request that she should stop bringing female friends whom might be probably single to pass the night in their matrimonial home...was that the rule?

Or was it Please do not go to so and so place I am not comfortable with it..... was that what was so difficult to handle?
Doesn't relationship involve compromise and sacrifice?

Assuming he goes down with any of the ladies she has been bringing into the house due to the temptation and lack of self control some men got, most ladies will start writing an unprintable things about men but forgot that they were indeed the architect of their misfortune...Simple request was now a big rule to difficult to handle

I believe the lady is an adult and capable of making the right decisions for herself and her home. Did he give any reasons here why she shouldn't have friends over? Apart from the fact that he's just doesn't like the idea. It's her home too and she reserves the right to invite her guests whenever she likes, without having someone telling her not to.

Most people are not comfortable with what their spouses do, but they don't martial out rules and regulations, they present their case in a meaningful way and hope the other party reasons with them. The way I see it, I can go wherever I like, whenever I like, as far as it doesn't endanger my life and that of my family. If my spouse, for some reason thinks I shouldn't, then I need a good reason, thought out objectively. Not an order to cease and desist! And even then, I reserve the right to make my own choice, because I'm an ADULT who is not in PRISON!

Or do you think a lady should 'sacrific' her friends to Please husband? Is that what you would call 'compromise'? The real question here is, why does she have to? I understand i have to make sacrifices but not for something as harmless as this. It just isn't worth the attention the OP is demanding for it. This just shows he could be a bit controlling.

Also, if he sleeps with any of her friends because she invited them for a visit, then that's on him not her. I can't imagine telling my friends (single or married) not to come visiting because my husband 'banned' it. It's so degrading and belittling!

Marriage is a partnership and if truly your spouse is your partner, you'd find the idea that you have to give her 'directives' a bit odd.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 28, 2017
nairalandbuzz:

What are these ones saying? Did you read my full post and replies at all?

See I have tried in making her change but as said earlier, she takes the advice from outside as #1 priority. One of her single colleagues told her one time that "You better sit up else I will collect your husband from you".

Its not the communication that is the issue, but what she will make out of it. I see through her waiting for me to tell her her mistakes which she already knew before hand... Imagine going since.morning, coming back and noticing your.husband is angry, are you not supposed to trace your steps back? But if the seats were to be exchanged, she will say I don't understand her... I am not reading her.... I should have done this... Done that

Well, I am thinking the best is to settle this and start living life as if she's not there so the end game that I so much fear won't catch up with me unexpectedly... It's time I pick up my double agent cloak and give her all she wants to hear while I keep my heart with all diligence and I expect her to do same because she is reading the posts. Painful but candid... We might be needing the break afterall

You yourself admit to giving her the silent treatment whenever you have issues, and now she did the exact same thing and you're crying foul.

Of course she noticed you were upset and probably knows exactly why, but she just doesn't give a damn. That's what happens when people have misunderstandings. You expect her to kiss your a55 when she is probably habouring her own grudge against you?

All I know is that there is no smoke without fire. Women don't just pick fights with their husbands for nothing. Her friend is there thinking you are the 'perfect guy ' and threatening to snatch you away. But I bet she doesn't know you as well as your wife does. She sees the perfect man you present to the outside world. She doesn't have to deal with the everyday annoying and irritating attitude you dish out (don't take it personal, we all have those ). So you may take pride in her comment and believe it to be a compliment, but trust me, she probably won't endure half of what your wife does if eventually she succeeds in 'snatching you'

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Out Of My Present Dilemma? by Acidosis(m): 1:23am On Feb 28, 2017
Ujoan:

I believe the lady is an adult and capable of making the right decisions for herself and her home. Did he give any reasons here why she shouldn't have friends over? Apart from the fact that he's just doesn't like the idea. It's her home too and she reserves the right to invite her guests whenever she likes, without having someone telling her not to.

Most people are not comfortable with what their spouses do, but they don't martial out rules and regulations, they present their case in a meaningful way and hope the other party reasons with them. The way I see it, I can go wherever I like, whenever I like, as far as it doesn't endanger my life and that of my family. If my spouse, for some reason thinks I shouldn't, then I need a good reason, thought out objectively. Not an order to cease and desist! And even then, I reserve the right to make my own choice, because I'm an ADULT who is not in PRISON!

Or do you think a lady should 'sacrific' her friends to Please husband? Is that what you would call 'compromise'? The real question here is, why does she have to? I understand i have to make sacrifices but not for something as harmless as this. It just isn't worth the attention the OP is demanding for it. This just shows he could be a bit controlling.

Also, if he sleeps with any of her friends because she invited them for a visit, then that's on him not her. I can't imagine telling my friends (single or married) not to come visiting because my husband 'banned' it. It's so degrading and belittling!

Marriage is a partnership and if truly your spouse is your partner, you'd find the idea that you have to give her 'directives' a bit odd.

You're joking right?

Without compromise, no relationship can work. Did you read the part where OP said his wife instructed him to stay home with her, in spite his desire to go to church?

I'm not even married, but if I tell my woman to avoid entertaining a visitor in HER home, she would listen! There are things she will equally instruct me to do, against my desire.

Call it commando-style, call it authoritative instruction or directives, it doesn't matter as far as they both instruct each other.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Friend Just Got Pregnant, Things Are Really Awkward Between Us And I Don't Know How To Treat Her. / My Girl Just Delivered A Bouncing Baby Boy, Congrats To Me - Photos / Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.