Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone (31518 Views)

Umar Yusuf Builds Modern Bicycles To Empower Citizens / Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) / Efficient Solar/electric Rechargeable Lantern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by logica(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I don't know what you are up to but the below excerpt should keep you grounded for a few hours bro

"Electronics is the science of controlling electrical energy electrically, in which the electrons have a fundamental role. Electronics deals with electrical circuits that involve active electrical components such as vacuum tubes, transistors and diodes "
If after reading your own response and you still don't see how rechargeable lantern and speakers are electrical devices rather than electronic devices, then I can't help you.
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by Crowny11(f): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
SWORD419:
grin grin grin I just dey laff, no quote me

why you dey laff naaaaa
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by SalamRushdie: 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
logica:
If after reading your own response and you still don't see how rechargeable lantern and speakers are electrical devices rather than electronic devices, then I can't help you.

Another educated Nigerian who despite knowing nothing would chose to argue than learn... does the radio there not have an electronic circuitry? Is the rechargeable led lamp not going to have a small circuit board replete with threadings and diodes ? Is the switch he uses to turn it on and off not a simple circuit? Is his device not managing the flow of electrical impulses to achieve a set goal? Gut abeg leave me alone OOO before I break my phone in annoyance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by Taiwx(m): 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
Iphone5:
Can anything good come out of Jerusalem Ekiti

Lala,oya come and see dis one ocheesycheesy

iyaff high againshocked:/ undecided
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by logica(m): 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Another educated Nigerian who despite knowing nothing would chose to argue than learn... does the radio there not have an electronic circuitry? Is the rechargeable led lamp not going to have a small circuit board replete with threadings and diodes ? Is the switch he uses to turn it on and off not a simple circuit? Is his device not managing the flow of electrical impulses to achieve a set goal? Gut abeg leave me alone OOO before I break my phone in annoyance
Lol. Real clutching. So explain how he learnt the basics of electronic circuitry by using a preexisting circuit board.
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by akigbemaru: 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ekiti inventor!
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by hausatoomumu: 3:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
the truth is that any body can assembly that Scrab.we really mumu for this country.so that thing na invention
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by Iamwrath: 3:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
Odkosh:
lol, receiver radio my foot. someone who has done little thing will appreciate what others has done. you can build anything on nairaland for yourself. we are on nairaland. you are talking to a design engineer with certificate in welding inspection which I got in India as a certified welding inspector working with Siemens. learn to appreciate others, don't come here to spew rubbish. like I said, you are irrelevant in this matter. backward ppl.

Welder India certified

Learning, not invention., not building stuff from scratch now goan sidan somwwia, I don't have Bobo or cheese balls
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by bestpunterever: 3:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
MuyiRano:
Nice one.
During a robbery in Guangzhou, China, the bank robber
shouted to everyone in the bank: "Don't move. The
money belongs to the State. Your life belongs to you." Everyone in the bank laid down quietly. This is called
"Mind Changing Concept” Changing the conventional
way of thinking. When a lady lay on the table provocatively, the robber
shouted at her: "Please be civilized! This is a robbery
and not a rape!" This is called "Being Professional” Focus only on
what you are trained to do! When the bank robbers returned home, the younger
robber (MBA-trained) told the older robber (who has
only completed Year 6 in primary school): "Big
brother, let's count how much we got." The older robber rebutted and said: "You are very
stupid. There is so much money it will take us a long
time to count. Tonight, the TV news will tell us how
much we robbed from the bank!" This is called "Experience.” Nowadays, experience is
more important than paper qualifications! After the robbers had left, the bank manager told the
bank supervisor to call the police quickly. But the
supervisor said to him: "Wait! Let us take out $10
million from the bank for ourselves and add it to the
$70 million that we have previously embezzled from
the bank”. This is called "Swim with the tide.” Converting an
unfavorable situation to your advantage! The supervisor says: "It will be good if there is a
robbery every month." This is called "Killing Boredom.” Personal Happiness
is more important than your job. The next day, the TV news reported that $100 million
was taken from the bank. The robbers counted and
counted and counted, but they could only count $20
million. The robbers were very angry and complained:
"We risked our lives and only took $20 million. The
bank manager took $80 million with a snap of his fingers. It looks like it is better to be educated than to
be a thief!" This is called "Knowledge is worth as much as gold!" The bank manager was smiling and happy because
his losses in the share market are now covered by
this robbery. This is called "Seizing the opportunity.” Daring to take
risks! So who are the real robbers here and what is the
lesson?
ok
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by Odkosh: 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
LordofNairaland:

Shut up, my friend!!!

Ever been to a science fair project for kids, even in India? If you have, you will never tell me to be happy about this typical bullshit!!!

We must not encourage our kids to disassemble stuffs merely to rebuild those things. We must encourage them to think big. You think out of the box. I have a cousin who is only seven and he is already talking about stuffs in future infrared technology. How about that?
lol, he's only talking about it, never did it. leave this one, he will sure expand more. when u were in his age, u couldn't even use paper to construct anything. go and siddoun bros. u need rest.
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by muller101(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nothing new
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by ibolomo(m): 4:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
Odkosh:
you are just jealous. when u were at his age, what did u produce, even if they give u a drawing object to redraw, did u redraw it properly. if he can put such thing together, he will surely advance as his brain grows.
and why would I be jealous of some secondary school kid?
And at his age, I already had several BIG ideas in my head, and believe it or not, I started taking electronic appliances apart and putting them back together before I was 10, and you didn't See Me jumping all over social media claiming to be what I am not, did you? Because even then, I knew those small science projects I did would not earn me anything real until I added more knowledge and finesse. I was already representing my state in the National Olympiads at his age.
That you had no skill when you were his age doesn't mean others didn't.
He has talent, YES (something I emphasised in my first comment which you jumped at like a baboon), but what he did is of no functional use to him or his society.
unless you have something sensible to say, I suggest you stay off my mentions. do have a lovely day
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by ibolomo(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
Odkosh:
you are just jealous. when u were at his age, what did u produce, even if they give u a drawing object to redraw, did u redraw it properly. if he can put such thing together, he will surely advance as his brain grows.
And why would I be jealous of some secondary school kid?
And at his age, I already had several BIG ideas in my head, and believe it or not, I started taking electronic appliances apart and putting them back together before I was 10, and you didn't See Me jumping all over social media claiming to be what I am not, did you? Because even then, I knew those small science projects I did would not earn me anything real until I added more knowledge and finesse. I was already representing my state in the National Olympiads at his age.
He has talent, YES (something I emphasised in my first comment which you jumped at like a baboon), but what he did is of no functional use to him or his society.
unless you have something sensible to say, I suggest you stay off my mentions. do have a lovely day
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by ladybig(f): 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
Welldon boy keep it up
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by LordOfNaira: 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
Odkosh:
lol, he's only talking about it, never did it. leave this one, he will sure expand more. when u were in his age, u couldn't even use paper to construct anything. go and siddoun bros. u need rest.

Of course, he has gone far in the field and he is talking about the future. He has gone past cheap copying. I saw some of his works with infrared and they are just marvelous.

And listen, not all of us can be in technology so don't ask me if I can or have built anything. I am a writer and I open to criticism on my works. But the fact that I am not a technologist does not mean I cannot talk about it.
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by Theoigios(m): 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2017
Iamwrath:
Genius is not disassembling other people's products and joining them all together

But if produced with fancy it might be nice, only that era of rechargeable lamps will come back again

Again this isn't invention

please tell us, what have you invented or 'joined together'?
atleast the boy did something!, what have you done?
am waiting.
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by Odkosh: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
LordofNairaland:

Of course, he has gone far in the field and he is talking about the future. He has gone past cheap copying. I saw some of his works with infrared and they are just marvelous.

And listen, not all of us can be in technology so don't ask me if I can or have built anything. I am a writer and I open to criticism on my works. But the fact that I am not a technologist does not mean I cannot talk about it.
okay, that great. as u are a writer, I am an engineer. yes u can criticize someone work but u must appreciate him too and then try to encourage them to do something special, that how ppl should do. if you as a writer writes something that did not worth praising, I will still praise you because of your English and the stress you put to put them together, then tell u, you try but u can write something better. my niece of 8 years is a writer. she has written two books and was given 100k each for the two books. well, let pray for our future writers and technologist together to make the country better. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by Odkosh: 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
ibolomo:

And why would I be jealous of some secondary school kid?
bros keep kwayet jor. u can be Donald trump here on nairaland. u represented ur state yet nothing to show for it. you are talking to welding inspector if you wanna know. but won't be shouting about it here. you can only write poo for ur fellow gullible. since u have gained the knowledge as u claimed, what have u used it to produce to better ur community. betta for u to seal ur lips if you have never done anything meaningful.
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by ibolomo(m): 12:04am On Feb 28, 2017
Odkosh:
bros keep kwayet jor. u can be Donald trump here on nairaland. u represented ur state yet nothing to show for it. you are talking to welding inspector if you wanna know. but won't be shouting about it here. you can only write poo for ur fellow gullible. since u have gained the knowledge as u claimed, what have u used it to produce to better ur community. betta for u to seal ur lips if you have never done anything meaningful.
You never asked about what I have done to better my community, but trying to shame me into submitting to the lie that the boy in question did a wonderful job. I don't have to prove anything to anyone, escpecially someone with such a mediocre mindset as to think that a child bandaging pieces of electronic appliances together is worthy of national award. You started with the "jelousy" tantrum, and I only stated that I would not be jealous of a JSS3 student who fabricated something only worthy of the trashcan.
Talking to me about jealousy or not doing something meanignful doesn't change the fact on ground, something you seem not to comprehend.
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by ceaser: 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
Iamwrath:

Most of you ignoramus think everybody is like you, using physics textbook, principles of physics, I built a receiver radio, with scrap, soldering iron pieces of wire, because you are an under achiever doesn't mean everybody else is

You can lick your wounds now

Byee

It's unfortunate that you choose not to see something good im what that boy has done. He simply assembled always made products, yes, but do you know the level of thinking that is needed to put together the various wirings to bring out that thing for a JS3 chap? As a JSS3 student who has only the basic knowledge of science as much as integrated science as a subject offers, he has imaginations. I don't think electronics is one of the offerings in integrated science s a subject. You get to start electronics in SS1. Yet he pushed himself.

Do you know why I will not put down the guy like you did? I was in his shoes, more like a hobby, starting mine as early as primary 3. As an adult, I chose a different career progression unrelated to technology, but I still secretly nurse my hobby and I still do some tinkering. In my spare time which I rarely have though, I still put together circuit boards and electronics parts so from scratch to make things ranging from simple wireless chargers, wireless switches, LED circuits, automatic security lights to full size solar charge controllers using scraps ranging from spent laptop batteries and the likes. I even have a full home security appliance constructed to my taste and specs. I did not put together disassembled parts but I went as far a purchasing electronics components for my use (resistors, diodes, ICs, etc). In my inventry are tools ranging from solar powered mini drills to multimeters and even USB powered solding irons.

If I see a protege who wishes to go into electronics as a career, I honestly wouldn't mind supporting such.

We all know that environmental factors and government policies in our country does not encourage the few with such inclination, understanding, fervour and gift as this chap has, but it is not in your place to put him down either.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by ceaser: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
hausatoomumu:
the truth is that any body can assembly that Scrab.we really mumu for this country.so that thing na invention

I bwg to differ. Not anybody can. Doing this requires someone with passion for understanding "how things work the way they do" and not just stopping at that but with the zeal to make some things with similar function but this time around based on your own imaginations including addimg more features to your specs and taste.

In short, it requires some level of ingenuity to even do the most elementary of things like that.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by Esijoy: 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
Iamwrath:
Genius is not disassembling other people's products and joining them all together

But if produced with fancy it might be nice, only that era of rechargeable lamps will come back again

Again this isn't invention

you av a point, but wia do u want em to get d raw materials from in a country wia we import toothpick, its only air dat we are not importing.
Re: Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone by airminem(f): 4:21am On Apr 01, 2021
melejo:
Even if he comes your unrefined brain will still not appreciate him. Ok, Fayose didn't come, invite bubu afteral he is the overseas president of all Nigeria including ekiti state
BOOM!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Didnt Know Were Invented By Kids / See Two Men Fly Above Dubai / My BTC, ETH & USDT Rate Update. SME Data also available all

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.