Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Teachers Forum - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Teachers Forum (5978 Views)

Lagos State Is Recruiting For Primary School Teachers / Salary Of Teachers In Private Schools In Lagos / Teachers Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teachers Forum by saar: 5:31pm On Dec 23, 2009
teaching profession is one of the most rewarding and lucrative profession.it depends on how one choose to earn his income from it.it is very easy to make your millions from teaching without being fraudulent.it amazes me when i see even those who are not well trained making their millions from teaching while the professional centered their focus on paychecks.
Re: Teachers Forum by toyinajani(m): 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2010
Whaoo! Nice talk. I prophesy that all your children shall end up in that.
Re: Teachers Forum by love2teach: 11:56am On May 01, 2010
I teach in the UK and from my experience of schooling in 9JA things are not the same. I will be sacked if I go into any classroom and teach students by dictating notes and making them read chunky textbooks without providing them with a sense of direction.Teaching is a profession and teachers must be rewarded for their hard work and not be reduced to handout selling moguls who are making money out of their students. grin
Re: Teachers Forum by maxdi(m): 7:44am On May 03, 2010
You only find joy in doing what you like best to do.

Money is not the first and its not everything.

As those in banks. You'll be surprised by their response.

So, be urself. Photocopy ko easy!
Re: Teachers Forum by fatai2: 12:11am On May 04, 2010
Zengurl,

If you r not happy with the bank y cant u leave. Thousands of graduate are waitin.
Re: Teachers Forum by Hadone(m): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2010
[size=18pt]I must pay homage, i'm a proud Teacher! A nation builder!![/size]
Re: Teachers Forum by onyeije1: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2010
Had_one:

[size=18pt]I must pay homage, i'm a proud Teacher! A nation builder!![/size]

please help me , i need a teaching job. though i dont have experience but i guess my experience must start from somewhere

I have applied to several schools but i am yet to hear from any of them

Do assist me , anybody
Re: Teachers Forum by Hadone(m): 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2010
onye ije:

please help me , i need a teaching job. though i dont have experience but i guess my experience must start from somewhere

Do assist me , anybody
[size=18pt]Since you dont have the experience, do you have the qualification?[/size]
Re: Teachers Forum by onyeije1: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
onye ije:

Do assist me , anybody

i have a B.Eng in Electrical/Electronic engineering, does that help ?

I know a lot of people with B.sc that are teaching presently.
Re: Teachers Forum by Hadone(m): 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
onye ije:

i have a B.Eng in Electrical/Electronic engineering, does that help ?

I know a lot of people with B.sc that are teaching presently.
[size=18pt]Your qualification is not a teaching qualification. But we appreciate your interest in wishing to join us. If you have time and financial capability, i suggest that you should apply for and study Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE). You can cover the program between 9-12 months. Many Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education runs PGDE. You can choose one around your conner and start making some progress. You can also study at NOUN.[/size]
Re: Teachers Forum by onyeije1: 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
Had_one:

[size=18pt]Your qualification is not a teaching qualification. But we appreciate your interest in wishing to join us. If you have time and financial capability, i suggest that you should apply for and study Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE). You can cover the program between 9-12 months. Many Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education runs PGDE. You can choose one around your conner and start making some progress. You can also study at NOUN.[/size]

Thank you
Re: Teachers Forum by achorladey: 9:22am On Apr 20, 2017
proudly9ja:
I for one enjoy teaching. Its something I have been doing since I was 14. I started from teaching primary school pupils then secondary school and so on. It is a very rewarding experience. I have even done a lot of volunteer work in Naija secondary schools.

My experience in my volunteer work was however saddening. I volunteered in a senior secondary school in lagos where there were only 3 maths teachers some of who doubled as physics and chemistry teachers. The teachers were expected to cover the whole SSS1 to SSS3. Considering that each level had about 4/5 arms with approximately 60 students or more in each arm, translates to a minimum of 720 students. It even got worse when I got there as one teacher went on 'training' and did not resume back till after I left. The other one saw that I was enjoying what I did and pushed most of the responsibilities on me. So even though I volunteered to teach only maths and maybe further mathematics when I got there, I ended up teaching Maths. F.Maths, Physics to all classes. I would start teaching at 8am and wont stop till 2.15 pm! ofcourse with the normal breaks in between.

However, I don't regret it as I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was also rewarded that the students loved the classes and sometimes even sacrificed their break periods just to continue learning.

I am also disappointed at some of our teachers. The focus now is to make money from the students and their parents. I think teachers should devote more time in personal development. If you are a career teacher and not just there because there is no work, spend more time in developing yourself. Luckily there are loads of resources online for free that you can use. Government also needs to do more.

Finally, on a controversial issue, I personally think that NYSC corpers MUST be made to teach in secondary schools during the compulsory NYSC year. We lack teachers and this is a very cheap and easy way of filling the vaccuum.
Interesting posts, but if you were to advise me concerning choosing to work as a Secondary school teacher or primary school teacher in a government school, which will you prefer me to go for. Please take other factors challenging both secondary and primary schools in Nigeria today.
Re: Teachers Forum by achorladey: 9:30am On Apr 20, 2017
proudly9ja:

I get ur concern and its maybe a source for major worries. But then, if a graduate can't 'teach' secondary school students, then I personally think the certificate needs to be questioned. and where else can that person work?
I understand your point perfectly. But under the NPower programme, when an individual like me is posted to a primary school but I am degree holder, I feel that I am a bit under used there at primary school level. Another issue to consider is the plight of yours that you faced while volunteering in a secondary, if I were to change to secondary school I am afraid I will face the same issue you faced. I am thinking, should I stick with the primary school now or go higher?
Re: Teachers Forum by dawahlarry: 8:43am On Nov 02, 2017
OPPORTUNITY FOR TEACHERS TO EARN MORE THROUGH ACADASTORE.

Earn more while still teaching in your school through ACADASTORE.

Acadastore.com is an online learning platform accessible on all internet enabled mobile phones and computers, helping students to study better and smarter, anytime and anyplace with the aid of Computer Based Test (CBT). We provide parents and teachers with smarter tools and means to monitor, assess and improve upon the academic strengths of their children or students in Primary schools, JSS 1, 2, 3, SS 1, 2, 3 and JAMBITES on subjects taught in school for the class they occupy, or for any up-coming examination. 

Our question database is configured with an algorithm that randomly selects questions which can also be organized topically. Users can therefore focus on areas/subjects/topics modules of interest only. Depending on the topic(s) indicated at the creation of a CBT, questions are generated based on those parameters/selections. Registered users can login to the site, attempt CBT’s, submit them and view their results, with explanations provided where necessary and keep record of all the tests attempted all year round. Parents and teachers can gainfully keep students occupied and exposed to test materials. With Acadastore, a parent can easily set tests and actively monitor his child’s academic activities and progress on a daily basis or remotely through any internet enabled device whether from his office or anywhere in the world on the go. 

Main Features: 

·         Multiple choice CBT questions 

·         Members can customize CBT and adjust number of questions 

·         CBTs on JSS 1 – SSS 3 can be created on topic basis 

·         Review with answers and explanations 
Benefits to Students and Parents: 

·         A means to increase and monitor the daily academic performance of students from any location 

·         Directly analyze/appraise study habits, strengths and improvements 

·         Set study assignments, monitor and review results of academic exercises online 

·         Complete record and analysis of all attempted CBTs in user’s account all year round 

·         Practice past questions of recognized examination institutions 

·         Study/Interact with students across the country 

·         Improve basic computer literacy skills

OUR ARRAY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. 

Acadastore’s CBT's run under various categories:

·         PRIMARY SCHOOL CATEGORY: Primary school materials as well as COMMON ENTRANCE CBT past questions 

·         JSS 1 – JSS 3 CATEGORY: CBT questions of JSS 1, JSS 2, JSS 3 in addition to Junior NECO past questions 

·         SS 1 – SS 3 CATEGORY: CBT questions of SS 1, SS 2, SS 3, as well as WAEC and JAMB past questions. 

·         JAMBITE CATEGORY: Access to all our POST JAMB CBT past questions of several universities as well as WAEC and JAMB CBT past questions. 

For more enquiries, contact 08063460864 or 08051217423.

ACADASTORE....beyond classroom, beyond boundaries, beyond limitations

Re: Teachers Forum by Goldman360: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2018
factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in ogbaru local gourmet area of anambra state

Teachers are not to be blamed if they develop non-challant attitude towards their duty. Frustrations neglect of teachers and lack of incentive to teachers could certainly cause them develop negative attitude and lack dedication to work...

http://www.scharticles.com/factors-affecting-attitude-to-work-of-secondary-school-teachers/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Security Guard Sleeping On Duty! / Building A Career In Social Media / How Did You Cope And Adapt With Work From Home Policy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.