Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage (1036 Views)

Wife Catches Widow, 62, Begging Husband For Sex In Their House / Zimbabwean Man Invites Wife's Boyfriend To His House For Sex & He Came / 'I Beg My Husband For Sex, Sometimes He Gives Me Half Chop' - Mother Of 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by Ijaya123: 8:29am On Feb 28, 2017
SPINDALE, N.C. (AP) — When it comes to relationships, marriage and sex, Word of Faith Fellowship members must follow strict and unusual rules — or risk severe punishment, former members say.

Some of the edicts:

— Congregants need permission from leader Jane Whaley and other ministers to get married, and it then can take months — or even a year — before the newlyweds are allowed to have sex.

— No one is allowed to date without permission, and most relationships and marriages are arranged by Whaley and ministers.

— On their wedding night, couples are permitted only a "godly peck on the cheek." When they get in bed together, they must roll over and go to sleep.

— For all married couples, love-making is limited to 30 minutes, no pre-intimacy is allowed, the lights must be turned off and only the missionary position is sanctioned.

— Couples need permission from church leadership to have children, and leaders dole out condoms to make sure unapproved women don't get pregnant.

The former followers said couples violating the rules can be publicly rebuked, subjected to violence or forced to separate.

What else will someone not hear about. Very weird practice.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/nc-church-unconventional-rules-sex-marriage-061102939.html
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by ibkkk(f): 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
This can't be!
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by Ijaya123: 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
ibkkk:
This can't be!

Unfortunately, it is. It just beats my imagination.
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by glimpse(f): 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
'is a lie' !!! Abasi mbok. if I was a member of this denomination, I for pick race oooo.

Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by Ijaya123: 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
glimpse:
'is a lie' !!! Abasi mbok. if I was a member of this denomination, I for pick race oooo.

But you're not a member. So how do you know it is a lie?
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by DaniDani(m): 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
this one na occultic society.
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
One of the reasons I don't practice Religion, Too many canal rules. smiley
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by glimpse(f): 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
Ijaya123:

But you're not a member. So how do you know it is a lie?
I hope you saw the quotes in my comment.
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by Ijaya123: 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
glimpse:

I hope you saw the quotes in my comment.

Yes I saw it. That type of church is more like a cult.
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by jashar(f): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
That's a cult.

Msteeeewwww.....

'Christianity' has suffered oooo. Kai
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by YesNo(m): 12:22am On Mar 02, 2017
This kain Marriage.... Ko Le WERRRRRK
Re: Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage by Ijaya123: 8:19am On Mar 02, 2017
YesNo:
This kain Marriage.... Ko Le WERRRRRK

I tell you.

(1) (Reply)

Men Only- Trying To Conceive (TTC) Thread: Share Ideas, Advice E.t.c / Strange!!! Brother And Sister Had 4 Children Together Following Years Of Incest / Does My Neighbor’s Little Daughter Look Like Letitia Wright

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.