Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network (23557 Views)

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" / 9mobile's Poor Network Is Gradually Being Resolved In Some Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by 247frolicboss(m): 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
Telecommunication giant, MTN Nigeria has released statement over poor network coverage experiences by its customers in few days.

The telcom provider appealed to its customers to bear with them concerning the poor network as they are working hard to resolve.

In a statement sent to its customers on Tuesday, MTN said:

Dear Customer, we apologise for the difficulty you may be experiencing on our network. We are working hard to resolve it quickly. Please bear with us. Thank you”.

MTN network across board has been down for about 24 hours depending on location of its customers.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/xenophobic-attack-mtn-releases.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Edwinmason(m): 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
so what has xenophobic gat to do with this one?

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by adeniyilamlek(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
what type of weed u are smoking?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by MutantMetahuman: 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
So na xenophobic attack in south africa cause bad network in nigeria?

This is why weed must be legalised and subsidised to prevent people like you smoking cheap synthesised abraka weed

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by OtitoKoro100: 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
So na xenophobic attack in south africa cause bad network in nigeria?

This is why weed must be legalised and subsidised to prevent people like you smoking cheap synthesised abraka weed

What kind of mutant are you? A Ninja turtle?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by project8(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
Edwinmason:
Bros help me ask the OP oo
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by anenu17(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
stori who d network help
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by NCP: 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2017
Shoro niyen?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by laribari(m): 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Edwinmason:

Actually there was a confirmed report that mtn office in Abuja was attacked due to the attack against blacks in S.A.

So those of you who think the OP is crazy should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ckd4Yoo7c.

S.A is not safe anymore oo! You need to see some of th videos of people being killed.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Cihegie(m): 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
my name is Curtis Ihegie i am about to launch my ride sharing app...basically my app is designed to help everyone who cannot afford regular taxi or online car service...my prices are low and the cool thing about it is that rider are in control of their finances...this is the breakdown u use my app for the first-time u get 0.13 off..which means that instead of using paying N1600 to the other guys u pay N1392...u save N208...u get 0.14 percent every weekend and the cool thing about it is that ...it's the same service others offer the same car....remember ride with class but payless..www.Omoziride.com and my email is Curtisihegie13@gmail.com.....the app will be fully running on June 1 2017....riders can also schedule a ride at our website and we also have a platform for kids...if u re a parent and u are always very busy....OMOZI can help you out..all u have to do is go to our website and fill out our OMOZI for kids and we will take care of the rest...It's time to be in charge guys..don't let others fools u...let's take back our rides...prices will be revealed when the website is done...feel free to email me...Curtisihegie13@gmail.com..thanks

18 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by GOLDENWOLF(m): 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Thieving network
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by abumeinben(m): 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
grin
I blame the government for poor network. For allowing contract jobs in the Telecom industry. For allowing Indians and Chinese take our jobs to India. For being so corrupt that they take bribes from them when they don't have work permit.

MTN network is monitored from India. Imagine them telling field engineers how to resolve a Fault. If you know how Indians speak, you'll know what I mean.
Indians would kill MTN network, just like they did Celtel in the past.

All the same, shame on our government angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by ammyluv2002(f): 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
abumeinben:
grin
I blame the government for poor network. For allowing contract jobs in the Telecom industry. For allowing Indians and Chinese take our jobs to India. For being so corrupt that they take bribes from them when they don't have work permit.

MTN network is monitored from India. Imagine them telling field engineers how to resolve a Fault. If you know how they speak, you'll know what I mean.

All the same, shame on out government angry
Monitored from India? Wow! shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by ovin(m): 10:12pm On Feb 28, 2017

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Kennyodinye(m): 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
Mehn The Network Has Been Really Bad.......But What Is The Connection With Xenophobic attack
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Xbursta(m): 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
247frolicboss:
Telecommunication giant, MTN Nigeria has released statement over poor network coverage experiences by its customers in few days.

The telcom provider appealed to its customers to bear with them concerning the poor network as they are working hard to resolve.

In a statement sent to its customers on Tuesday, MTN said:

MTN network across board has been down for about 24 hours depending on location of its customers.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/xenophobic-attack-mtn-releases.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Seakay(m): 11:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Op, what are u trying to say?

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Sanchez01: 3:29am On Mar 01, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Lol! Not true.

The Telecom companies give their network related issues to other huge telecom/technical bodies such as Huawei, Ericson and co.

Not sure though, but I believe MTN's monitoring and escalation team should be in Lagos, and or Abuja. MTN has no business directly with India.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Shadrackmadu(m): 3:52am On Mar 01, 2017
I pity those people that are leaving these great country to South Africa.........
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by ExAngel007(f): 6:11am On Mar 01, 2017
*yawn*
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by obyrich(m): 6:49am On Mar 01, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Very true. The funny thing is that some of these indians don't know the job.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by obyrich(m): 6:54am On Mar 01, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol! Not true.

The Telecom companies give their network related issues to other huge telecom/technical bodies such as Huawei, Ericson and co.

Not sure though, but I believe MTN's monitoring and escalation team should be in Lagos, and or Abuja. MTN has no business directly with India.
Hi bro don't argue if you don't have sufficient information. Ericsson GNOC has been move from Lagos to India since last year. I think Airtel GNOC has also been moved to India this February. Now Ericsson and Huawei outsourced former Airtel and MTN staff Engineers. Many things have gone wrong in this country.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by bibiking7(m): 7:18am On Mar 01, 2017

Na today yansh Don dey for back? Na today MTN Don dey shit for church?

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by babyfaceafrica: 7:19am On Mar 01, 2017
Lolz..yeye
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by martineverest(m): 7:19am On Mar 01, 2017
they are very stupid.....
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Donald7610: 7:19am On Mar 01, 2017
We're becoming slaves to MTN networks - and that's not a bad thing. with Lol. Govt
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by babyfaceafrica: 7:19am On Mar 01, 2017
obyrich:
Hi bro don't argue if you don't have sufficient information. Ericsson GNOC has been move from Lagos to India since last year. I think Airtel GNOC has also been moved to India this February. Now Ericsson and Huawei outsourced former Airtel and MTN staff Engineers. Many things have gone wrong in this country.
you that have sufficient information,please could you provide source?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by hucienda: 7:20am On Mar 01, 2017
The attack videos coming out from South Africa on blacks - mostly Nigerians - are gory. If one watches them, one can boil with rage.

The FG should send a stern warning to the South African Government to get its act together.

Else MTN and possibly other SA interests would also feel a little of the heat they're giving Nigerians over there.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by MARKone(m): 7:21am On Mar 01, 2017
At least they are Apologising. I wonder when Our very own GLO will tell us what da Hell!! is wrong with their Network, close to 2 yrs now, Crappy GLO undecided

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2017
Useless network, something they wouldn't try in SA.
Well I blame our clueless government. This is what you get when you have a Boko Haram apologetic as minister of communication and a 20th century grandfada as Exec vice chair of NCC.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by hisMrs(f): 7:21am On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=anenu17 post=54146014]stori who d network help[/quoe

e epp me
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2017
laribari:

Actually there was a confirmed report that mtn office in Abuja was attacked due to the attack against blacks in S.A.

So those of you who think the OP is crazy should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ckd4Yoo7c.

S.A is not safe anymore oo! You need to see some of th videos of people being killed.
What has empty hen office got to do with network, abi na from the office dem dey provide the network.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Recommend A New Phone For 50K Budget / How Do I Spot A Fake LG G3 / Facebook Wants To Start Encrypting Your Chats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.