Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

5D Tips That Will Supercharge Your Job Confidence During Economic Recession(2) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5D Tips That Will Supercharge Your Job Confidence During Economic Recession(2) (484 Views)

Confidence During Interviews / Real Estate Investments During Economic Recession / 5ds Job Tips That Will Supercharge Your Job Confidence During Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5D Tips That Will Supercharge Your Job Confidence During Economic Recession(2) by slateman(m): 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hello Folks,

If you miss my workplace supercharged D series, quickly check https://www.nairaland.com/3647726/5ds-job-tips-supercharge-job to see the 1st 5Ds. The next tips below are the other 5tips

6 - Detoxify Stagnating Work Mentalities

My biology teacher several years ago described toxins as harmful substance residing anywhere in the body, atmosphere, water e.t.c. Same way, there are mental toxins at work so disastrous to the overall health of your career

Some other mental toxins cause you to get back at your boss or the company when you are queried or reprimanded. Then you feel you dont need to give your best because you have been queried. Too bad

Some mental toxins are limiting beliefs generally accepted. One of the work- toxic notion is that, “Until after many years, you can’t be promoted”.

Gather all these negative toxins affecting your mentality at work and burn them. Sounds funny. I mean, push them out of your brain space. kick those limiting belief out. You cannot rise above your limiting work mentalities.

7- Determine Your Results Even If Its Estimated

One of my Profs argued passionately that examinations are not the best way to measure students’ performance. Unfortunately, for now, there is no better way to test students’ intelligence.

Arguably, for me, result is one of the best ways to measure efforts. This conclusion is debatable

Although some efforts produce average result while some produce excellent results. You need estimated result to plan calculated effort.

Don’t mind my mix-up of technical terms. You need to plan the result you want to achieve before weekend, month-end or even year-end as the case might be

This 7th D is about determining what you wanna achieve at the end of the day even if its estimated results. With the results in mind and on paper, you can plan and take steps that will help realize the results. Go and determine your results, then plan actions that will get those results within a determined time frame

8-Deliver Uncommon Result

I am sorry to admit to you that if your efforts or what you do, are easily duplicate-able, you can easily be done away with.

What is the value of a resource if the output is less than expected results? That’s why in some corporate environment, evaluation of employees is periodically done. It is not just a routine operations; it’s a way to weed out unproductive human resources

In your department, if you are 4 in number and you all deliver same result, then you are as good as redundant. If your result cannot dwarf your colleagues where you work, repent or you will find yourself at the mercy of circumstances.

My poser to you is,
1. How does your effort count in the overall achievement of departmental goals and organizational goals?
2. Does your output reverberate in the boardroom?
3. Is your dept always in the eyes of good storm in your workplace?
4. Do you perform self-evaluation to check if your efforts are easily duplicate-able

In summary, ensure that your result stands out from your colleagues at work

9 - Decide To Be The Best And Not A Pest

May the soul of Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield, rest in perfect peace. He observed life critically; he expounded the theory of being the best in whatever you do.

For him, there is no middle point in excellent results. If you wanna work, work well. Whatever kind of work, do it well. Don’t just do it, do it well. I remember my teachers constantly telling us that whatever is worth dong at all is worth doing well

Be the best, not once, twice or even thrice, every time. Being best at what you do set your results apart

I recall Jim Rohn’s definition of success to be ”doing ordinary things extraordinarily well”.

Hear me, you might have fallen for the common parlance in our environment which is “don’t die over-working yourself in a government workplace”. In other words, you don’t need to stress yourself working hard in a government office. And if you are not a govt. worker, that parlance might be active wherever you work.

If you want to distinguish yourself from the rest, not being a pest, start becoming the best at what you do.

If you want to stand tall among average performances, start being the best at what you do

10- Discern Your Passion, Hobbies, Skill, Strong Points, Then Careelize Them

Never mind that English word career-lize, there are some useful words that come out of observation and ingenuity.
One of the words out of my verbal stack is CAREER-LIZE. To career-lize your passion is to turn your passion to profit. In other words, it is to” mine your skills for a profit”. It may mean, you do what you enjoy and you make money from doing them

Have you ever imagined that your skills, hobbies, talents are what millions around the world is looking for? Have you ever sat down and take a critical audit of your experiences? Have you ever done a SWOT analysis of your personality? Have you done a comparative evaluation of your skills ?

Sometimes in life, your work might not give you desired satisfaction, it might be blue-collar, high-paying job, but you don’t feel fulfilled working there. And while you slave away in millions you won’t enjoy, some of your skills might be imprisoned in fear. This is one of the disasters of the 21st century.

Try and do a "SWOT" analysis of your personalities to dissect and isolate your strong points and opportunities. No sane human creature is useless. At creation, God deposited mines of gold in everyone. What is left is self discovery which will lead to self and wealth recovery.

Meanwhile, You can also check The 20 Secrets ordinary workers like you know and do in and out of recession that turned them to superstar wherever they work, and you can replicate the secrets for even greater success in your workplace. Check www.slateofthenation.com/boardroom-darling for more information

(1) (Reply)

The Facts Of Luck / 6 Common Habits That Affect Your Heart / How To Increase Your Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.